Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Central Temenos NM's...     submit to reddit submit to twitter

LazyShell
    BG Level

What relevance does that have to relic horn ?? As much relevance as an imaginary world with only 1 Ballad and no refresh....Abso-fucking-lutely nothing.

Now, once again...what exactly does Gjallarhorn do other than an extra 2 ticks on ballad and free up 15 inventory slots for a bard ??
    You do realize that Gjallerhorn does in fact add 2mp/tick to each ballad right? Not just 2 more total ticks? Thus adding 4mp/tick total when both ballads are on? Because thats where the relevance you are searching for exists.

Saddening. This is just saddening.

If SE would balance two handed weapons versus dual-wielded one handed weapons, maybe that 300 million gil shelf decoration might be used more. But this is just saddening.

I guess all the warriors here that dual wield one handed axes should feel comfort that they already deal more damage then a fully upgraded great axe.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

SE is already at a point where they have to find ways of making new good weapons that don't surpass the usefullness of a fully upgraded relic, atleast in some cases. The 1h sword's additional affect blows away the other PLD swords, but the h2h just barely outdamaged destroyers, I'm told. What's SE gonna do? Improve relics? Make better weapons than relics? I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    I don't know the first thing about bard, but does the +2 on the other songs (minuet/minne/march?) they all start with M but idk what the hell any of them do.... Does it boost them at all or is it just duration?
    There are already other instruments that boost those songs.

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    -(rumored) 20hp/tick poison on dagger...problematic if your LS needs to sleep stuff, but if you need to consistantly sleep stuff, you have other things to worry about.
    That's hardly that good when there's already a poison 2 spell that does half that and doesn't cost millions of gil and months/years of currency collection.

Mandau has 10 hp/tic poison.

Maybe I'm missing something, but isn't it possible that he just accidentally left the fucking Bravura in his Mog House? I mean jesus. So much speculation, and ZERO comments from anyone involved.

Quote Originally Posted by divisortheory
    Maybe I'm missing something, but isn't it possible that he just accidentally left the fucking Bravura in his Mog House? I mean jesus. So much speculation, and ZERO comments from anyone involved.
    Why would he even let it out of his inventory?

Umm, because he felt like it? lol. I mean point is there is a ridiculous amount of speculation here. Like OMFG you should never ever equip another weapon EVER. It's a cool weapon, but maybe he just felt like using something else.

Could have sworn this thread was on Temenos... >.>

Akiro

Quote Originally Posted by Inzmail Hyron
    Could have sworn this thread was on Temenos... >.>
    clearly your mistaken

Umm, because he felt like it? lol. I mean point is there is a ridiculous amount of speculation here. Like OMFG you should never ever equip another weapon EVER. It's a cool weapon, but maybe he just felt like using something else.
    You may want to backtrack a few posts as well. Someone from his linkshell did post and explained why he was dual wielding axes.

KaliOWNED. Keke. ^^;

Anyhow, I feel for the relic problem... This game has been out a while, and its quite obvious its gonna be out for quite some time... And due to the fact that these weapons that take hundreds of millions of gil to equip are great but just barely better than other weapons / combos... What is there to do? Is this SE telling us up front we wont get anymore end-game weapons for the rest of the game? Or are they telling us that we're wasting our gil in their 'fix teh economee n00bs' ploy? Bleh. Glad my first job was a BLM, I never had a snowball's chance in hell to upgrade a weapon

But yeah, to be honest, I'm more interested in the topic of this thread... Would be interested to see what happens, especially since our LS doing another Apollyon run tonight...

The DOT of 10,000,000 gil (Woodsville + Jug assuming, or like 3,000,000 if just a Woodsville/Ridill) in single hand axes suprasses a double handed 300,000,000 gil great axe. That's probably why he left it in the mog house. For HNMs, yeah the great axe is good, but unless your LS is just overflilled with melee you're probably doing Steel Cyclone to make a skill chain rather than creating some highly fail prone 3 man skillchain on monsters like Tiamat and Jormungand who like to fly when you don't want them to.

Nice to see one group of people also monopolize Bakgodek on Asura also. Im sure that's true of ALL servers. What's strange is, Woodville's is 2.6 on my server.. but Juggernaut is 13mil. I dont know why Woody is so expensive on your server...not like it can be monopolized.. its a BCNM drop.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

My woody+jugg only cost 5 mil total... but then WAR was my first job, when woodville's was a little under 2 mil and juggernaut was a little over 3 mil.

It sorta pains me to see juggernaut shoot so high, though, because its not like I'm going to sell it. It's like its taunting me, saying "Look at me, you could sell me for 5x what you paid for me, but then you'd be gimp! Hahaha!"

Apparently Manny > Juggy, at least that's what my friends tell me after trying out both my Maneater and Juggernaut.

Unfortunately I can't even equip them so I can't give you a firsthand opinion.

Kinda on topic. A JP LS on my server supposedly traded 4 of the Apollyon chips and entered a 30 minute BCNM vs Proto Omega. They said it was easy but they came with a bare bones Limbus PT, thinking it would just be another zone so they lost. It uses the same WSes as the lv60 BCNM Omega. All 4 chips were destroyed when the leader traded them.

Anyone remember the TP moves of Ultima and Omega? Russta's journal had a good description of them, but that post months old.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Does Jaypee have any other jobs at 75? Might have been on WAR? Or maybe was using a different weapon to make a specific SC with anyone?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sekkite
    You may want to backtrack a few posts as well. Someone from his linkshell did post and explained why he was dual wielding axes.
    Naw, no one from his linkshell posted why jaypee was using axes. Someone on a completely different server posted why some war in his ls dual wields vs xp mobs; apples and oranges, really.

Anyways, back on topic, but any idea how long the frenzy timer on these NMs might be? (dunno what the time limit is on central and if there's gratuitous extensions like in some other areas, so I figure it can be 5 mins or 20)