Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ninja Help ('-')b     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ninja Help ('-')b

Hey, I've been having some questions about how to get the most out of my ninja. Currently I'm level 58, and I have all the gear I want for every other slot except body.

Right now, I'm wearing Royal Knights Chainmail or w/e it's called. I had a scorpion harness, but I had to sell a lot of my gear to get it. After playing with it and realizing I had gimped myself, I sold it back and got my old equip. I was going to get my AF body, but I got a Kuftal Map instead.

I'm just wondering what's most effective to wear since it doesn't look like I'll be able to get a new body piece until 60 with a Byrnie, if I can find and afford one.

Are the stat bonuses on Royal Knights better than AF body? I mean, +2 str +2 dex and 3 atk would probably help on Blade: Jin at 60 a lot more than the enhanced dual weild of AF body, but I'm not sure how much faster I'd attack with that dual weild.

I figured if I didn't get Byrnie at 60, my next option is the Arhat Gi. Was just wondering what other peoples' personal experiences with these choices were or what they have seen to be more effective. Don't just tell me to get a Scorpion Harness either, I would if I could.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You're better off getting your AF body done.

Royal Knights Chainmail is OK but you really should not keep it pass 58.

You should have kept the SH :X

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Haubergeon = <3

I used Haubergeon+1, AF Body, R.K. Chainmail, Scorpion Harness, and Byrnie+1 on my venture from 55 > 75. By far the most effective body piece is Haubergeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Zigma
    You're better off getting your AF body done.

Royal Knights Chainmail is OK but you really should not keep it pass 58.

You should have kept the SH :X
    After I bought the harness, I had literally no money, and I had to borrow 500k to even get it. Harness was 9M on Fairy when I bought it. I had to farm for almost 3 weeks to get 'acceptable' gear to level with. I basically had a lot more flexibilty to build my ninja up with the money spent on SH than to just have the SH. And, it's the whole thing about having all your eggs in one basket if the price were to crash on SH and I'd have lost some net worth.

Yeah, I plan on getting another kuftal key and going back to get my AF body

Quote Originally Posted by Nny
    Haubergeon = <3

I used Haubergeon+1, AF Body, R.K. Chainmail, Scorpion Harness, and Byrnie+1 on my venture from 55 > 75. By far the most effective body piece is Haubergeon.
    If I were to buy a haubergeon, I don't think I'd have enough money leftover (I have 700k in gil to my name right now, and haub is 7-8M, not to mention +1 is like 15M >.>) to make it effective to its full potential.

Though, I have read some threads about how people liked it a lot and stuff. It sounds like it would be good if you could compensate for the evasion loss or just make stuff die quick enough.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

That's when you steal a friends. :D

I'd say go with then Byrnie if you can afford it (Byrnie is more on my server, but Haub is only ~3m).

Arhats Gi is pretty meh. I used it around 68-69 when we leveled in Moon and we had a bad BRD and RDM who took forever to dispel and elegy (I almost always had a BRD in my PT. I made them all, and I don't like PTing without them, even if that means waiting around until ones pops), so I was getting my shadows stripped extremely fast so the -phsyical damage and enmity helped a lot with how much I was getting hit. In most other situations though, it's pretty lackluster.

I'm pretty sure AF Body is only +1% haste, not much at all. If you can't get a byrnie, I'd say get R.K. and Arhats and interchange them depending on the situation (Always use R.K. on WS though). Both are pretty cheap, so having both shouldn't be a problem.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Uhhhh, it sounds like you can't afford anything except AF body or RK, in which case I'd go with the AF cause the enhance Dual-wield is going to help you more than the stat bonuses of the RK. If you're concerned about the Jin damage, you could always macro it in for WS... >_>

I prefer Haub on NIN... except when the mages suck and I don't get haste or something. Then it's back to sharness for me.. =P

Bynrie isn't that far out of reach for me, I could probably get it if I farmed enough and/or crafter for a while.

I'm close to 30KS and 40BS, so I might get lucky and get a lot of money.

Under Observation ftw!

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I'm pretty sure AF Body is only +1% haste, not much at all.
    I was always told it was 5%...

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus
    Bynrie isn't that far out of reach for me, I could probably get it if I farmed enough and/or crafter for a while.
    Byrnie is just much as sharness and twice as much as Haubergeon on my server... Are behemoth hides really cheap on yours? o_O

Quote Originally Posted by Taku

Byrnie is just much as sharness and twice as much as Haubergeon on my server... Are behemoth hides really cheap on yours? o_O
    Byrnie = 5.2M
    Haubergeon = 7M
    Scorpion Harness = 8-8.5M

Behemoth Hide = 5.7M
    Damascus Ingot = 6.2M
    Venemous Claw = 8M

I'm guessing the people selling Byrnies are people who've bought it off of AH and aren't the ones crafting it.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Taku
    I'm pretty sure AF Body is only +1% haste, not much at all.
    I was always told it was 5%...
    I think I read it was 1% at FFXIO. Most "Enhance Job Trait" are +1% aswell (Rostrum Pumps, WAR AF1 feet, Sarashi, ect. ect.), the only ones I can think of that aren't are Suppanomimi and the Redmage AF's.

I can try testing it with the Relic Katana using Apple Pie's method of testing Sarashi, but it might be difficult since I'd be using two weapons with different delays.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

All you need for Ninja is a Utsusemi macro like:

/p {Utsusemi} Now there are 3 of me silly mob! Hit the one in the middle!!! kekeke

If you are REALLY pimp you'll put it in /say but that's only for the hardcore.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

why would a nin use a haubergeon when leveling... Evasion -20 is something you don't want.

why would a nin use a haubergeon when leveling... Evasion -20 is something you don't want.
    From what I've read (thus no first hand experience), a very skilled player with awesome gear can make a haubergeon really stand out. The damage mods in it are obvious, and more damage = more hate. Also, in end game speedkill parties it really helps.

I mean, in some situations it's probably not a good idea, like if you fight really accurate monsters, but lets say you have a bard and 2x melody earrings +1. +12 evasion skill would probably cancel out the -20 evasion, in my opinion at least.

But hell, what do I know, I'm the one asking for help. 8)

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Evasion's so last year.

Why try to evade a monster when you can do amonst the top damage in the party? Not only is it the best hate in the game, but it brings in more EXP/hour. You need support from mages, but that's the whole reason for inviting a mage regardless of the setup you use.

I originally leveled WAR as a full offensive tank with just :Ichi, so leveling NIN was really a breeze for me with 4 extra shadows.

This is roughly the gear I used, some piecing being interchangable depending on what gear I was able to borrow at the time (I leveled NIN as something to do with a friend, didn't really care enough to put a lot of my own money in it).

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Well.........

It has nothing to do with skill really, if anything it makes it easier to count shadows cause you rarely freaking evade.

Haubergeon is really nice to use if you have a BRD, because with Elegy + Slow on, the mob is going to swing sooooooooo slow that you should never run out of shadows... EVER... So why not get the attack boost?

And, I use haubergeon when I'm PTing with someone that pulls hate often. It's really hard for me to keep hate off a decked out MNK for example without the extra damage from Haubergeon.

And the DMG difference is very very noticeable, Nin/War's in full attack gear with minuet out damage most melee. =P

And bleh, I'm posting at the same time as Nny, so there's gonna be reiteration -_-;;

This is roughly the gear I used, some piecing being interchangable depending on what gear I was able to borrow at the time (I leveled NIN as something to do with a friend, didn't really care enough to put a lot of my own money in it).
    I want those Hume boots

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Ok pics, cause I have nothing else to do before Faf...

Current NIN Gear:
    http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...kuchan0461.jpg

Parse results:

Damage:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...kuchan0459.jpg

The first box next to the name is damage, and Ffrep likes to put it on two lines when you do over 7-digits.. Kys is a SAM, Lejanta is a MNK, Purraj is a DRK, Damsonhree & Saraphina are RDM & BRD. I think I was the only one with haste though...

Evasion:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...kuchan0460.jpg

I got hit 26x out of 557(4.7%) mostly from double attacks during ichi recast ~_~ so having the -30 evasion didn't hurt that bad. =O

Only made 6444.7/hour, but we had a few accidents with links and our mages died.... which makes everyone go afk for like 10 minutes, lol..

Maybe if I got the japanese version aslo I could have a haub +1 and charm

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

To be honest, most parties don't have the support to allow you to tank in a Hauby, at least not this day and age on my server, you'd be a dead NIN walking.

Use the Ninja Chainmail to get by until Arhat's, at which time use that. A friend let me use a SH+1 once in an exp party, and I was very displeased in the results as compared to Arhat's, so I always used Arhat's in exp until 71 when I moved to Yasha. So honestly, that's how I'd go.

If you always party with a BRD or a reliable WHM though, Haub could be cool, otherwise just stick to Arhat's and count them shadows.