Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    E. Body
    BG Level

Why do I still see people levelling up DRG?

I'm not trying to start a flame war or anything (but if it does turn into one then I'll get my popcorn out), but honestly, why do people still do it knowing that they will suck? I don't understand. You'd think after all this time they'd level something else but I still see people quitting their lv60blms for their level 10 DRGs.

Can anyone fill me in?

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Because not everyone levels or does something in this game that involves killing HNM.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

/gasp oh noes, dont go have fun in a /whisper game

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    Because not everyone levels or does something in this game that involves killing HNM.

Because not everyone levels or does something in this game that involves killing HNM
    My retort to that is... WHY?

Edit: Let the Flame War begin.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole
    Because not everyone levels or does something in this game that involves killing HNM
    Some people are just born to fail.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole

Edit: Let the Flame War begin.
    Maybe some people just don't want the drama that involves being in an HNM LS and just play to have fun in their free time and not for the pleasure that some of us take in striving for the best.

:)

hey take the bad with the good.

but you need it for your maats cap

for a drg sub?>.>

E. Body
    BG Level

Re: :)

Quote Originally Posted by Spongehunter
    hey take the bad with the good.

but you need it for your maats cap
    My DRG is level 60 and yes I plan to get it to 66 some day, but even if I didn't want to indulge myself in endgame activities, DRG would not be a job I'd level for everything else because:

A) they dont get invites to BCNMs, money making would be rather difficult

B) they dont get invites to CoP/ZM missions

so again, my question is why

Black Belt
    BG Level

it's a fun solo job when you have other jobs already at 75 that you use for HNMs.

and no, i'm not leveling DRG.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

because it owns you to the furthest extent

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

It's good in BCNM40's, have you even taken one? They're great on mandies. Our drg was sharing tanking with the PLD due to his damage.
    They're not horrible in CoP missions, people dont even give them a chance to prove it, the only one I can think of drg extremly sucking on, is the Snoll BC, but heck Im sure they can get past it too.
    And CoP missions are like applying for a job, it's not what you know, it's who you know, to progress. You can be the most wanted job and still be stuck on mission blahdiblah.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    They're not horrible in CoP missions, people dont even give them a chance to prove it, the only one I can think of drg extremly sucking on, is the Snoll BC, but heck Im sure they can get past it too.
    CoP 5.3 Snoll Tzar RDM BLM THF RNG PLD DRG
    http://www.iluvitar.com/files/video/ffx ... _final.avi

the drg's choices were:
    DRG60
    PLD60(75)
    NIN50-52 (somewhere in that range)

Xavier

DRG isn't a bad job, its only drawback is it lacks an overpowering WS to sneak/trick on HNMS. On small shit it does really well as long as your wyvern stays alive with damage over time.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Regardless, I may level DRG to 37 just for shits and grins. It's a damn nice DD at low levels if you can keep the wyvern alive. More 37's for the win.

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

According to Remus, I'm going to need a DRG37 some day for MNK sub in Barrista. =\ That will be fun!

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Drg

IMO people usually play a job that is more of their personality. I have noticed by talking to the end-game DRGs on diabolos and hades that we are all more or less the same type of person irl. "We dont care what other ppl think and we will do what we want and not what the crowd thinks." Thats what I notice. Me personally, I have much pride in myself, im confident in my abilities, and I really dont want to be the center of attention. Just like DRG is supposed to be, the lone dragon knight who only needs himself and the company of his wyvern. (In this game) Ask me more direct questions and I will answer if your curious.^^
    PS: Bikkwin is fucking kool.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    DRG isn't a bad job, its only drawback is it lacks an overpowering WS to sneak/trick on HNMS. On small shit it does really well as long as your wyvern stays alive with damage over time.
    Couldn't have said it better.

DRG was my first job to 75, and by around 60-ish I knew pretty well that the reputation was total crap and that I would have a hard time endgame.

My friends and I that have been together since level 1 started our own endgame ls because we didn't think any HNM LS was going too invite our entire static (DRG DRK THF WHM RDM PLD lololol), and we really wanted to stay together, so I was never really hurting on endgame activities. But it was a pain doing 700-900 dmg weapon skills to gods when warriors and darks were pulling out 1300+.

DRG is weak on HNMs. On normal exp parties they can be strong. I can pretty well keep up with most damage dealers. The biggest weakness is weapon skills.

I wish SE would figure that out and stop giving us so much useless gear that boosts wyvern stats. We need more crap to boost DRG stats as well!!

But I took DRG to 75 because it was a great job, it was what I dreamed of being when I first started the game. I saw some guy running around ronfaure with a wyvern out and I thought that was cool as hell.

Since then I've leveled monk to 75 and bard to 71, so now I have a lot more to offer for my end game LS. But I still like the job DRG very much. I think it has a lot to offer, but needs some work before it can be on par with other jobs as far as HNM hunting is concerned.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast