+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Xavier

Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi

I'm in love. I'm a nerd. Free flight + beautiful graphics + a nice story mode = my dream DBZ game. Anyone else feel the same way? (I know DBZ has come and gone in America but I gotta power).

I'm a story line fan. The first DBZ game on PS I've played was kinda meh, but saw commercial of this one and got intrigued(sp?). How does fusion work?

Xavier

I'm playing through the story mode right now, so I haven't bothered much to customize my characters with the skills for the other modes yet. There aren't any ingame transformations, not sure if that has any relevance to how fusion would be handled, but I'm not that far in the story yet.

I don't think I've ever had so much trouble learning the controls to a fighting game before, it was like a 2hour learning curve, but now that I understand it I'm hooked. If only there was online play.

I've always hated those multi-button combo moves. I'll rent it if it's out in my video store.

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by Member #63
    I've always hated those multi-button combo moves.
    They made the moves a lot easier to pull off in this one. Instead of like punch punch punch kick energy attack, its just holding down L2 and hitting your energy button and a direction.

L2 + /\ + Up = Kamehameha etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Member #63
    I'm a story line fan. The first DBZ game on PS I've played was kinda meh, but saw commercial of this one and got intrigued(sp?). How does fusion work?
    [removed broken link]

Bought this game a few days ago, its a keeper

Xavier

I think so too. At the Cell Saga now. Good stuff, anyone else playing it?

oh my god you fking nerd you're kicked from the LS

Sea Torques
    BG Level

if you have a psp i think they're releasing one in bittorren...i mean in japan..

and IF you do have a psp, get bleach 2 it fucking rocks..too bad you cant use all the captains but some of them you can..

and yeah.. burnout legends

BG is my LJ
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lovely Nirokun
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Justice
    [removed broken link]
    OMG LOL

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

good memories

[removed broken link]
    YOU CANNOT STOP ME SONOMAA!!!! :OOOO - Mina

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rui Seiken
    FFXIV Server
    Jenova
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

omg that quake 3 mod lol

wasnt it called bid for power or something

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

yah, bid for power was fun +1
    stupid idiots at funimation said that no one wanted a DBZ game like BFP was, morons

Akiro

i am reminded of Virtual On, but really fun game none the less

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

I played the recent budokai the one that also claimed to be totally 3 dimensional, should I beleive this one and take it to be truly freely three dimentional or is there a catch, like you have to get hit into a higher area? I don't know I have gotten every Budokai yet and have constantly hoped they would eventually be better, but I have my doubts with this one. Can anyone give me some redeeming features in this one? I remember the last one had a pretty kewl setup where you flew around to missions and got dballs and stuff ,that was ok i guess.

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk
    I beleive this one and take it to be truly freely three dimentional or is there a catch, like you have to get hit into a higher area?
    Free flight with a lockon button to target your enemy. R2 goes up, R1 goes down.

Bid for Power was a fucking awesome MOD that I played the hell out of for like 2 years under the name Cube.

BFP was pretty much the perfect DBZ game, ironic that it was made for free by fans opposed to a game company.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

I remember reading the huge news post about it and why they had to shut it down
    apparantly they talked and demoed the game personally to funimation who thought it was stupid and no one would like it, thier other attempts to make DBZ type games have been just a horrific failure in my opinion compared to what BFP was and could have been if they just supported it

I remember the mod community starting to get much more serious after that, protecting themselves from stupid companys who tried to shut them down for doing something fun

Quote Originally Posted by royze
    if you have a psp i think they're releasing one in bittorren...i mean in japan..

and IF you do have a psp, get bleach 2 it fucking rocks..too bad you cant use all the captains but some of them you can..

and yeah.. burnout legends
    PM me the site you use to download bleach or post it here

Watching gilsellers fight SSJ serkets is all the DBZ I need.

But I do remember a really badass SNES DBZ fighting game I played a long time ago.