Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: SE service reps >____>     submit to reddit submit to twitter

SE service reps >____>

Ok, so, just got off the phone with SE service reps, one just a normal dude, then a supervisor. Neither of which (as you people said) would refund the month of Oct. for the severe downtime (time to report to BBB :3). However, I DID get some useful information from them.

They're keeping numbers of people complaining about this issue as of late. However, for anything to be done they NEED LARGER NUMBERS. In otherwise, people NEED to be calling SE and complaining about the maintenance.

(858) - 790 - 7529

If they can get large numbers it's going to stand out greatly, it's gotta be looked at (assuming SE isn't an entire klod of douches when it comes to statistics). Supposedly they have something upcoming for the downtime as of late, but of course this can't be disclosed (dude said he didn't know anything, which he probably does but they can't give away stuff like that, and I actually understand).

Gonna get my entire Dynamis LS to bitch, hopefully they can get more to do it too 8)

Oh if you get Neil, his attitude kinda sucks to be the least. At least the same supervisor didn't interrupt me -.-;

I did ask if they were recording a value of numbers as far as this issue, and that's where the 40-50 came from, so obviously they are keeping tabs on it.

Call and bitch please :3

(858) - 790 - 7529

Did that last week. Had a blast.

Fun isn't it? XD

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

If they can get large numbers it's going to stand out greatly, it's gotta be looked at (assuming SE isn't an entire klod of douches when it comes to statistics).

They need a large number of complaints to do somthing about it?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

im the time it took you to call, complain and type this post, you could have worked @ minimum wage @ mcdonalds doing nothing to compensate for your 30cent loss

Quote Originally Posted by Bikwin
    im the time it took you to call, complain and type this post, you could have worked @ minimum wage @ mcdonalds doing nothing to compensate for your 30cent loss
    I work at Wal*Mart, and probably started out making more money than an average McDonald's employee will ever see.

Also, I had to go to a meeting yesterday on my day off, got paid to sit and watch a video, woooooo! >.>

Edit: Btw, the time it took you to post your reply you could've done the same thing

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Marcatil
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikwin
    I work at Wal*Mart, and probably started out making more money than an average McDonald's employee will ever see.

Also, I had to go to a meeting yesterday on my day off, got paid to sit and watch a video, woooooo! >.>

Edit: Btw, the time it took you to post your reply you could've done the same thing
    I used to work at Wal-Mart.. made me want to shoot myself seeing so many people crawl over each other hoping to get that next raise or bonus... so I left and work at a help desk for twice as much now.

It's not that bad here, honestly the work is easier than what I used to do >.> And it pays more

Why do people make stupid pointless comments like that anyhow <_<

In da tiem of teh maintenance u could hav liek rob'd som homelez guy for teh pizza money to rob teh pizza mang to pay for teh maintenance time j00 lost! lolz

Seriously, though, is this the point? Every asks "What big deal is 40/50/60 cents to you?" Well... you know what, its a little thing called principal. SE wouldn't like it very much if you only paid them $12.35 one month and then said 'naahhhh, its close enough, rite? wtf j00 bitchin about 60 cents for, in the time it took you to cancel my account you could have gotten it from someone else!"

Fact of the matter we're paying for a service that we are no longer getting an acceptable portion of... Regular maintenance I can see. Also, I'm an understanding guy, so emergency maintenance I can see. Come to think of it, shit happens, so I'm ok with emergency post-emergency maintenance. However! Emergency post-post-emergency maintenance is kinda nearing a line... A line I call "RIDICULOUS"

An Efficient Consumption Bundle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

If you read your Terms of Service agreement SE has no requirement to compensate their players for downtime due to server maintenance, either scheduled or emergency. I suppose if you want to argue for the morality of a corporation to reverse their contract when they do not fulfil their terms, but because of the agreement they have between you and SE the moral argument is pretty void.

I know that, I wasn't arguing because OF the maint., I was aruging the point of the maint. time isn't being equally distributed and I'm grounding my complaint on the basis of discrimination to North American players. That's where the loophole is.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Most of the time, they do maintenance between 6AM-6PM JP time.

Why dont they do maintenance at 6PM-midnight JP time? Well, it just comes down to thinking about this from an employer's point of view.

How many people are available to do night shifts? Not as many as day shift people, that's for sure. Use your brains, they usually do maint within standard JP working hours, and try to finish whenever they can. Sometimes they'll try it a bit earlier to get the work done ( I remember they had a maintenance starting midnight>10AM JP time), sometimes they dont. Heck one maintenance went for18hours, going over JP primetime.

They're not trying to get you NA for avengance or anything , they're just working, at their jobs, which unfortunatley, their work time falls on your prime time.

You still have to balance things equally, especially when your service encompasses many different cultures other than your own. So what if it's a night shift? There are some people who prefer/have to work such a time for whatever reason(s) they might have.

They [Japanese] appear to try and focus the maint. times during their specific hours, catering to them, when you also have to consider your wider base around you. If you don't that's where you run into ethical concerns and questions are raised as towards business practices. Questions get raised, people at the company become wary especially since discrimination is always a politically heated topic.

Also take note of the F rating as per the BBB. This says that the BBB has accrued complaints, possibly many, in regards to SE, which says something the company is doing is wrong. Since the rating hasn't improved [obviously], their overall standing doesn't appear too well in the public eye when reasonable complaints/requests are raised, and nothing is done to reconcile the notions.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Marcatil
    You still have to balance things equally, especially when your service encompasses many different cultures other than your own. So what if it's a night shift? There are some people who prefer/have to work such a time for whatever reason(s) they might have.

They [Japanese] appear to try and focus the maint. times during their specific hours, catering to them, when you also have to consider your wider base around you. If you don't that's where you run into ethical concerns and questions are raised as towards business practices. Questions get raised, people at the company become wary especially since discrimination is always a politically heated topic.

Also take note of the F rating as per the BBB. This says that the BBB has accrued complaints, possibly many, in regards to SE, which says something the company is doing is wrong. Since the rating hasn't improved [obviously], their overall standing doesn't appear too well in the public eye when reasonable complaints/requests are raised, and nothing is done to reconcile the notions.
    From my understanding, the BBB deals with the customer service half of a company?

Actually BBB has a bigass load of choices as to where you can complain about :3

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

BBB won't do shit. In case you didn't know, if you aren't a member of the BBB (which requires you to pay them), you automatically get an F pretty much. The vast majority of people could care less about the BBB as they are a generally corrupt organization. They aren't run by the government or anything, so they have no control anyways.

If you hate downtime, go play WoW...oh wait, they have at least twice as much.
    How about AC...nope...AC2...nope....EQ2? Nope.

If you play a MMO, be prepared for downtime. Deal with it.

Demosthenes11

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    Most of the time, they do maintenance between 6AM-6PM JP time.

Why dont they do maintenance at 6PM-midnight JP time? Well, it just comes down to thinking about this from an employer's point of view.

How many people are available to do night shifts? Not as many as day shift people, that's for sure. Use your brains, they usually do maint within standard JP working hours, and try to finish whenever they can. Sometimes they'll try it a bit earlier to get the work done ( I remember they had a maintenance starting midnight>10AM JP time), sometimes they dont. Heck one maintenance went for18hours, going over JP primetime.

They're not trying to get you NA for avengance or anything , they're just working, at their jobs, which unfortunatley, their work time falls on your prime time.
    bingo. This is a japanese game, it doesnt matter how many NA players play. I am sick and tired of these people going OMFG THEY ARE TRYING TO IMPROVE THE GAME?!?!? WTF!?!?

Honestly...they dont have maintenence because its that time of the month, they do it for the benefit of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterBob
    BBB won't do shit. In case you didn't know, if you aren't a member of the BBB (which requires you to pay them), you automatically get an F pretty much. The vast majority of people could care less about the BBB as they are a generally corrupt organization. They aren't run by the government or anything, so they have no control anyways.

If you hate downtime, go play WoW...oh wait, they have at least twice as much.
    How about AC...nope...AC2...nope....EQ2? Nope.

If you play a MMO, be prepared for downtime. Deal with it.
    Read my statements carefully, then let it sit in before you open your mouth again.

From my perspective WoW doesn't have as much downtime >.> Then again, I'm more off and on w/that game <.<

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Downtime doesn't bother me... Then again, I work 3p-12a CST so that is why I browse the forums so much during that time and that it doesn't bother me.. Generally servers are up during the weekends and during the time I do play.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Actually, most maintences start at 10 AM PDT. (2 am JST) As of late.