Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

I don't see how that can be used by PLD in any situation, but let me ask you this, would you give up Hauberk's STR, DEX and Attack?

could potentially easily
    <3 Oxymorons ^^

Quote Originally Posted by freja
    Yes, the "enhances" of specific traits generally give you that trait.

Rostrum Pumps enhance fast cast, even without RDM sub. Hrotti and Tatami Shield enhances killer effects, giving the users the power to intimidate without having the actual trait.
    So why not say "Additional Effects" or was it lost in translation by English Dept at SE?

If you were a drk with an adaman hauberk would you give up:

15 Attack
    5 STR
    5 DEX
    -for-
    'Enhances Triple Attack'?

Thf > Drg > Drk > Pld

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Re: THF

Quote Originally Posted by Kailyn
    I'd say THF should get priority. It enhances "Triple Attack" so it won't help you if you don't already have the job ability. And since its a Job Ability of a level 55 thief, there is no way to get Triple Attack unless you are a thief. If i'm wrong please correct me.
    I swear to god... How can people be so retarded?

"It says it "enhances" so it doesn't give you the ability"

YES IT FUCKING DOES!
    Go have a THF or WAR stand in front of a mob with Tatami shield for a couple minutes... It will intimidate it eventually.

Edit: Meh, I responded after stopping at said above post then read the others.

And Sekkite's right. Only items that "enhance dual wield" don't give the skill.

Quote Originally Posted by tiberion02

15 Attack
    5 STR
    5 DEX
    -for-

Thf > Drg > Drk > Pld
    Actually it's +10 STR & DEX

Edit: Now now Okan. Let's be civil. At least he didn't post anon.

Quote Originally Posted by Member #63

15 Attack
    5 STR
    5 DEX
    -for-

Thf > Drg > Drk > Pld
    Actually it's +10 STR & DEX
    Well then, 15 attack, 10 str 10 dex vs. 'enhances triple attack'.....cmon

Quote Originally Posted by Member #63
    I don't see how that can be used by PLD in any situation, but let me ask you this, would you give up Hauberk's STR, DEX and Attack?
    Yes, I would give up hauberk's STR, DEX, and ATT if the proc rate on triple attack is decent enough.

If you were a drk with an adaman hauberk
    I'm not a DRK with adaman hauberk, so its moot point. And as I said, it depends on the proc rate. DRK TP gain is the slowest of all the jobs by far, and if triple attack has a decent proc rate, it would definetely be a huge boost to DRK. I guess its one of the things you don't really notice unless you play the job.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

THF > DRG > DRK > PLD

yeah, drg over drk. get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    THF > DRG > DRK > PLD

yeah, drg over drk. get over it.
    I was asking for opinions, and you gave yours. Don't be so presumptions as to say your opinion is absolute.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you make a thread on the thief forums on allakhazam expressing your indignation at DRK being able to wear Homam gear since it gives triple attack? As far as I'm concerned, the job list you put out is due to your bitterness at DRK since you're a thief.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

it's worthless for drk; str+dex+accuracy+attack>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>other dumb enhance stuff, adaman hauberk or even NQ hauberk are really really overpowered compared to alternatives for other jobs. not even to mention that you won't be getting it if you don't have the ability to get an adaman hauberk already anyway; you need an organized group to get through these floors and keep the chips and stuff.

thf > drg > drk > pld is the correct order and i'm a nin & blm so i'm not being partial to my particular job

Great. How about everyone here who hasn't even touched DRK tell me what is better for my own job.

Anyway, I'd still prefer to see the proc rate on triple attack. Hell, if it proc'd an average of at least once a fight in xp parties then it'd be more then worth it.

Doesn't matter what you'd prefer to use in exp when it comes to priority vs other jobs.

What matters is that DRK get a fantastic body piece already, and THF and DRG are pretty much left in the dark without any good alternates (other than lol scorpion harness).

THF > DRG > DRK > PLD seems like most fair, and would probably be what we would be using in our linkshell. DRK don't need this piece as much as THF and DRG does because DRK has a perfectly acceptable, and most likely superior, alternative.

EDIT: And this isnt noobland allakhazam, nobody here needs to level DRK to 75 to know about stats and how effective they are in HNM situations, as many here probably have hundreds of hours of HNM experience and knowledge for all jobs. I'm not saying that they know the ins and outs of all jobs, but the basic idea is there. And the basic idea states that the STR and DEX bonuses given by the hauberk or adaman hauberk is most likely superior to an "enhances triple attack", especially for THF subjob jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by freja
    Doesn't matter what you'd prefer to use in exp when it comes to priority vs other jobs.

What matters is that DRK get a fantastic body piece already, and THF and DRG are pretty much left in the dark without any good alternates (other than lol scorpion harness).

THF > DRG > DRK > PLD seems like most fair, and would probably be what we would be using in our linkshell. DRK don't need this piece as much as THF and DRG does because DRK has a perfectly acceptable, and most likely superior, alternative.
    It would come down to what would be more useful for the linkshell I'd guess. I can see thief and dragoon getting priority as they don't get good offensive armor in general, although....

And I refuse to believe that hauberk comes remotely close to as good as this(assuming the triple attack enhancement procs an average of once per fight in an xp party) for DRK. +15 attack shows little in two handed weapons, but a triple attack would do wonders with +36 TP in addition to respectable(although brief spike) DoT. TP gain is the main issue I'm thinking of, since thief and dragoon both trump DRK in that department and this armor (potentially) can do wonders for DRK TP gain.

Well from personal experience on my MNK (yes I know the words on the gear is different), when using indra katars my proc rate for triple attack was roughly once every 2 fights or so. But that was only triple attack +1%.

However, I throw punches much much faster than a DRK swings a scythe.

Consider how many times a DRK swings a scythe per fight. Assuming a standard exp party at lv 75, a fight will probably last on average 1 minute (hypothetically speaking. a good pt will probably get it down to less). That's roughly, what, 18-20 swings of a scythe (or maybe 19-22 of a great sword?) Let's say an average of 20 swings in one fight. In order for triple attack to proc once per fight, it would need a +5% modifier, which is insanely high. I doubt the proc rate is +5% on the triple attack.

So no, I highly doubt that we'd see a case where it would proc once per fight in an exp party. 2% is my guess on the gear.

This is all hypotheticals of course, but I doubt I'm too far off from what it is. In reality, fights will probably last less time, and certain elements will cause you to swing less, realistically bringing your swing rate down significantly, thus lowering your chance of seeing a triple attack proc.

Why wouldn't the proc rate be at least 5%? The brutal earring is a 5% proc rate. And I'm almost certain the boost isn't 1% as the armor didn't say +1%. Please keep in mind that this is the god armor for the melees that were shafted in sky, so I would hope that the armor pulls through.

And DRK swings about 8-9 times before getting 100TP. Takes over a minute.

Well considering that effects of triple attack are usually far less of a proc rate than effects of double attack (hell just look at how often warrior's double attack procs over thf triple attacks), it seems logical to infer that the brutal earring proc rate would probably be higher.

And 8-9 swings in one minutes time, then using a WS to kill a mob off, means that the proc rate would need to be over 10% to kick in once per fight. That's just insane for a triple attack boost.

EDIT: my initial estimates came from 60 seconds a fight, divided by approx. 5 seconds per swing by delay, meaning about 20 swings per fight. I know real world would never be this high but I tend to overestmiate)

Takes about 70-80 seconds for DRK to get 100TP assuming 100% accuracy.

And as for a discussion for the proc rate, I think that is best left alone until there is a group that actually has the armor and can tell us how often it procs.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Sekkite
    And as for a discussion for the proc rate, I think that is best left alone until there is a group that actually has the armor and can tell us how often it procs.
    Well your entire basis of bumping your job to the front of the line is explicitly based on the proc rate of that enhances triple attack, which means this thread has no business.

But, even if it is something retarded like 5%, that would put thf even FURTHER infront of the line. Full Triple Attack Merits, AF2 Boots + Homam Corazza.

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    Quote Originally Posted by Sekkite
    Well your entire basis of bumping your job to the front of the line is explicitly based on the proc rate of that enhances triple attack, which means this thread has no business.

But, even if it is something retarded like 5%, that would put thf even FURTHER infront of the line. Full Triple Attack Merits, AF2 Boots + Homam Corazza.
    Just forget this then until someone gets this armor and tells us the proc rate. You're very opinionated on the matter since you're thief main, and I'm opinionated on the matter since I'm DRK main.