Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hydra Nm     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Hydra Nm

its our first time trying to pop these and i have herd that it takes couple trys just to to be able to get to them. any suggestions for our run?

St. Fiat
    THE TIME FOR QUESTIONS
    HAS PASSED

BG Level

Don't wipe.

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

If you are talking about Hydra type mobs in Dynamis-Beaucidine, just have people have poison pots because the eyes use sleepga. Just like Xarcabard kill the eyes first before killing the Hydra. I don't think you can sleep hydras, either that or it's difficult to, but most only spawn two at a time so there shouldn't be too many problems. Oh and up in the Hydra area, eyes just love to link...be careful.

popping is the hard part

killing the NMs is a matter of a death train+enough dps to down the thing before you trainer dies

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by berticus
    popping is the hard part

killing the NMs is a matter of a death train+enough dps to down the thing before you trainer dies
    I pulled 3 of the hydra nm's Tuesday night with not 1 link. >_>

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

screenshot!

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Zim
    screenshot!

can you please change your sig... keep it safe for work.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Keep it safe for my genitals, that thing is creepy, make it go away.

Quote Originally Posted by berticus
    popping is the hard part

Agree/Disagree slightly here. After a couple of runs, the popping part becomes really easy, unless something whacky happens. We usually take a six person team to kill the pop eye. Everyone uses reraise items and pops a poison pot. THF uses flee, the other five use Hermes or powder boots to keep up. Die at the top of the next ramp, reraise and repeat the process by training and dying behind the Nue tower. THF runs into tower, aggros the eye and runs out picking up any other hydra that might aggro the rest of the team (I usually drop my glass before I aggro the eye so I get kicked as I'm training to avoid getting stuck in the zone if i happen to die). Pull the eye as the THF runs out of the tower (chi blast, voke, whatever) and go all out, kill it fast and drop glass.

The only reason I say I somewhat disagree with NM's being easier than popping them is it seems that there's more that could go wrong on the NM pulls (I.E. sleepga or anything else that causes a slow kill on the NM). Then again, if you can't pop the NM's you won't have an opportunity to screw up an NM pull right? But yeah, the NM's themselves arent really that difficult with 64 people beating on them. The only one thats really remotely dangerous is the NIN/MNK/THF. Mijin Gakure ftw.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardon
    THF uses flee, the other five use Hermes or powder boots to keep up. Die at the top of the next ramp, reraise and repeat the process by training and dying behind the Nue tower.
    Thats weird, I usually have to use powder boots, then flee when those wear off just to make it to the top. Depends where you start I guess. We juse used a bard to mazurka everyone else up behind me.

Also, the NM's themselves were pretty easy, with about 40-50 people we can kill them all fairly fast. The PLD/WAR/RDM one can be lame with all the defense and HP though.

Yeah, I actually use powder first, then when that runs out macro AF60 boots and flee again. Want to know what sucks about that? The WHM that usually comes has gaiters and once we brought a RNG with bird boots. They both pop hermes quenchers and fucking pass me towards the end. That burns. With that setup you dont even need a THF to make that run.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    Keep it safe for my genitals, that thing is creepy, make it go away.
    It's meant to be.

It's from the band Dimmu Borgir, but cant rmeember if that's Nicholas or Galder

There are false prophets among us,
    who bring in damnable heresies,
    and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ner'zhul

Galdar

Sea Torques
    BG Level

is it true that hydras have a higher percentage of dropping AFs or did we get more lucky when we got there?

Old Merits
    BG Level

Dimborg ftw

even tho I'm not particularly the biggest fan of black metal(if ya wanna call 'em that)

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Well the current state of Dimmu Borgir is a fucking terrible excuse for music so he should change his sig anyway. Why couldn't they stop making albums after Stormblåst? =\

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Excuse me... Puritanical Eurphoric Misanthropia & Death Cult Armageddon are purely awesome. I guess they would classify themselves as Black Metal, but it's organized... symphonic... soothing metal. Some people think they can literally bang Metal to become a metal band, oh well!

Sorry for flowing off topic.

There are false prophets among us,
    who bring in damnable heresies,
    and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ner'zhul

Puritanical was ok, Death Cult was pretty terrible.

Spiritual Black Dimensions and Enthrone Darkness Triumphant ftw

Relic Shield
    BG Level

For all Tid and Stormblåst are fantastic, Enthrone Darkness Triumphant has it's high points but the low points outweigh them.

Ima have to agree with amarok there, For all Tid and Stormblåst were made before the band started getting really popular, and then afterwards they went to please the majority of the populace, and not everyone can agree with that.

And for Enthrone Darkness Triumphant, Mourning Palace was great, but cant say I remember much else from that album.