Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A GM re-imbursed a Player     submit to reddit submit to twitter

A GM re-imbursed a Player

http://www.knightsls.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=487

Never thought i'd see the day...

GM should not have even bothered with the call, they should have just said to shut it since they were dumb enough to "gamble" on FFXI; I mean anyone that would consider anyone shouting to gamble with them to be honest is just asking to get robbed and deserve it.

Akiro

didnt a GM tell someone that once you hit the Ok button its your own fault what happens, if a GM gives 1 person there money back they should do it to everyone that gets there stuff stole.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Maybe that change they made to the TOS permits them to help people outside of just falling through floors.

im gonna ask him to reimburse me 73 levels of dragoon because i got scammed by square.

These screens must be fake! A GM helping a player when something goes wrong within the game is unheard of(disregarding falling off of bridges)!

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Andarvi
    im gonna ask him to reimburse me 73 levels of dragoon because i got scammed by square.
    rofl .... /comfort

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Hello guys, I saw this topic and Got a little curious. This was a GM action taken care of a few days past the incident? I'm wondering now if I am within this GM 'rule' of sorts for reimbursing illegitimate trades and having actions taken against those who did them.

For a long story short, I had my Kirins osode stolen from me on the 23rd of October and it was sold. The only reason I havent bothered with a GM on the subject is because I've always assumed the trade window was a buyer beware type situation.

People tell me that if I ask a GM they can check logs and possibly get a fix that involves me getting my item back and the wrongdoer getting stripped. does anybody know if this is true? This post made me more curious on the topic of getting a fix.

Heres the link to my story gone wrong, and I have 25 screenshots of proof of sorts to work with.

http://www.kweh.net/viewtopic.php?t=1236

Replies are here at Allakhazam and also on the Killingifrit.com Pandy forums.

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?f ... 1193;num=4

Well with the "no breaking promises" rule (so to speak), technically if this incident occured after the change in the ToS, the GMs are actually obligated (according to their ToS) to look into the matter. ;o

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Marcatil
    Well with the "no breaking promises" rule (so to speak), technically if this incident occured after the change in the ToS, the GMs are actually obligated (according to their ToS) to look into the matter. ;o
    He's right, there was indeed a change where a "verbal contract" is now binding under the ToS.

What is ironic however, is that you much use a 3rd party program to fraps the conversation. GGSE

Black Belt
    BG Level

you should definitely try to call a GM for the Osode thing.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    He's right, there was indeed a change where a "verbal contract" is now binding under the ToS.

What is ironic however, is that you much use a 3rd party program to fraps the conversation. GGSE
    not really, if you call the GM right away they can scan the logs.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil
    you should definitely try to call a GM for the Osode thing.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer

not really, if you call the GM right away they can scan the logs.
    Agreed but it may not be possible "right away", unless you made the agreement and it was broken all at the same time.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Well I guess when I'm out of work later i'll give this a try and see, like I said my main concern is that this was on the 23rd and its now the 28th and I dont know if they can read that far back into it (logs), but yes if they can there was very much a verbal contract of sorts about the osode. My main reason for Screenshotting the convos was that I know plenty of people that said it was done and I knew that sooner or later somebody would come around and give me some hard truth, in this instance his brother here.

I've only heard of this happening but never seen it in action so I guess its worth a try now that I see it and have heard plenty about some of the GM's that do take action into their own hands. I've only spoke to a GM on one ocasion so its not too familliar of me to know what they can and cannot do. I'll post more as I learn more and see about action.

E. Body
    BG Level

Best.Post.Ever.

/kneel

edit: did you level rng too? I'd ask for some reimbursement on that

Yeah, I'm glad they altered the TOS... There's still a lot of loopholes (and I'm sure getting a lazy GM is one of them) but if there's a legitimate, undeniable, solid verbal contract made, it is nothing but 100% obvious that the player is scamming you. Most of the time the 'investigations' turn up nothing, but I've heard of another case a long while back where this happened too - I guess its a case of getting a motivated GM and a bit of luck (and prompt GM calls, so they have the proper logs)

Problem is, last post I read was of someone who had an item taken from them from a GM (apparently) because it was the stolen property that was being returned. In this case you'd think it'd only be right for the GM to then reimburse THAT player from the third person who did the stealing... Hopefully that's what happned. Good to see that SOMETHING is changing tho - one case of this happening is better than none.

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    Best.Post.Ever.

/kneel

He leveled RNG too, then they gimped that.

It's his fault SE gimped RNG too, for real.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

OK i talked to GM Krondros and its now under investigation. It is also being reported to a senior GM, and yes the logs are still saved the GM said. Now to wait for a few days to a few months.... oh well. I got my word to an official.

:D Thank you GM!

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Genosync
    Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    Best.Post.Ever.

/kneel

He leveled RNG too, then they gimped that.

It's his fault SE gimped RNG too, for real.
    What other jobs did he level? We can use him as a guide to "Which job gets nerfed next?"

GM returned 5 of my rare/ex items when i got robbed. Hard to believe yes.. but i got joyeuse 1af2 suponomimi OHat and crimson feet(yay).
    dont have any shots of it :/ but i have rl friends proof. lost alot of stuff though.. i dont know why the fuck they could only give me 5 of them..

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I wonder if a GM can hax me up a ridill and a kraken club