Thread: Fable: The Lost Chapters     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Drenden

Fable: The Lost Chapters

Is it really out already for the Xbox? Does anyone have a copy?

What new quests/missions/areas/items were included?

Thank you in advance.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

It's out on the Xbox in England as of last Friday, I dunno about America though. I know not of the changes but as long as you can still kick the shit out of women, destroy towns and be called "chicken chaser" and "assface" I don't know if I really care about them.

New Merits
    BG Level

Adds a short chapter at the end, really feels thrown together. Like "Oh, the bad guy is dead, but there's some shit going down in the snowy north!" 2 hours later you beat the game...again. So it's still 20ish hours of gameplay at best, such a disappointment for all the crap people talked up about the game. They come up with this great engine and interesting character development, but it's over after a few super easy repetetive quests, likely because they insist on recording all the dialogue. If you think of the amount of text in an FF game and consider recording EVERY NPC you'd realize it's impossible to have all recorded dialogue and still have a deep, interesting game. Bah.

No idea on Xbox release, I played for PC.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Drenden

Im hijacking my own thread because I'd like to discuss what you've brought up, Chumm. Also, thank you. You may have saved me some dissapointment then if it's what you say. Wouldn't suprise me

The claims from Square are that FF12 is supposedly using the battle engine of FFXI. Enimity, distance on the battlefield (Ranged attacks, etc.), links, pre-buffing prior to a fight instead of struggling to get spells up in a random suck-in-fight, etc. etc.

They've also claimed that it's going to be (and if I could source this, I would, but I know that I've read it) larger in terms of game environment than FFXI is. At first blush, that almost seems improbable doesn't it?
    Morrowind comes close...but....

Thoughts?

I heard they were using the encounter system to be like FFXI, but I didn't hear anything about enmity or distance. Although enmity would be cool, you could have weak mages not die in 2 attacks cause the AI decided to be a cunt.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Drenden

Well, it's also using a party script system, not unlike the .Hack series or KOTR.

SE officially said that it was going to be "more tweaked" than those AI script systems mentioned, but I really need to see how.

They claim that if you assign a "WHM Script" to one of the non-controlled members of your party, that character will do what you assign, line by line macro style, in order of priority. "Cure me, cure yourself, rest, raise if fallen" etc.