Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Goldsmithing: Which subcrafts to level first if any?

I've saved up enough money to start leveling goldsmithing to 100, and I was wondering which subcrafts i should level to 60 before starting on goldsmithing itself. Currently I'm blacksmithing 11 but that's it. Thanks for any feedback.

You probably want a guide for 1-100 goldsmithing too, right?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

don't worry about subcrafts until you're goldsmithing is 75-80.

oh, Unless you've saved up over 150-200mil gil. I don't think you've "saved up" to level goldsmithing to 100.

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Re: Goldsmithing: Which subcrafts to level first if any?

Quote Originally Posted by LAGUNA
    I've saved up enough money to start leveling goldsmithing to 100, and I was wondering which subcrafts i should level to 60 before starting on goldsmithing itself. Currently I'm blacksmithing 11 but that's it. Thanks for any feedback.
    Actually could you fully upgrade my relic instead? It's about the same, give or take 50mil. =)

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

well, he really only said enough to start it ;o

GS really doesn't need any subcrafts...if you want to skill up on some fun alternatives, maybe level all of 'em, but not needed

Yeah, i think you guys misunderstood. He said enough to start not finish. It only takes 2-3 mil or less to get gs to 60.

Yes i've only saved up enough to begin leveling (probably to 70-75), and that's why i want to make the most of my money. I was hoping that having a certain subcraft leveled would provide cheaper alternatives to skill up on at certain levels.

Edit: Thanks for the help.

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

To offer some help, I quickly ran through all the recipes from 1-100, and most of the big money synths are GS onry, so based on Koenig and whatnot, it looks like Smithing, Alchemy, and Leathercraft are going to be needed as subs, and in that order. Then again, I know next to nothing about Goldsmithing... this is based on 30 seconds of observations. =\

Currently, 81.1 GS and so far I have only Leather at 10, Smithing 56, and Alchemy 0. Leather you only need that high for one of the cheaper skill up synths. Smithing you would need for Moonring Blades (53) and Alchemy you need around 30... Basically you should get your smithing to only around there too. My friend told me I messed up on the smithing because it was too high and I'd save more trying to go for broke with an underleveled sub. I have overwhelming fire in my moghouse and honestly yes, I do lose alot less ingredients (usually the most expensive >_<). So thats pretty much all you need till around 95, when having fully leveled subs will help you make Cursed Koenig and Sheik Manteels...

Good luck, I hope you saved up enough! Hee hee... I had to sell everything and gimp my war just to get to 80... selling my Scorpion Harness to get through the bead stage... shame 8m is only going to buy me 10-16 elemental ores...

Quote Originally Posted by Epical
    To offer some help, I quickly ran through all the recipes from 1-100, and most of the big money synths are GS onry, so based on Koenig and whatnot, it looks like Smithing, Alchemy, and Leathercraft are going to be needed as subs, and in that order. Then again, I know next to nothing about Goldsmithing... this is based on 30 seconds of observations. =\
    Yeah this is what i tried at first, but I had no way of knowing which synths would actually be cheaper, and so I wanted to ask people with some experience. Thanks for checking though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethsbane
    Currently, 81.1 GS and so far I have only Leather at 10, Smithing 56, and Alchemy 0. Leather you only need that high for one of the cheaper skill up synths. Smithing you would need for Moonring Blades (53) and Alchemy you need around 30... Basically you should get your smithing to only around there too. My friend told me I messed up on the smithing because it was too high and I'd save more trying to go for broke with an underleveled sub. I have overwhelming fire in my moghouse and honestly yes, I do lose alot less ingredients (usually the most expensive >_<). So thats pretty much all you need till around 95, when having fully leveled subs will help you make Cursed Koenig and Sheik Manteels...

Good luck, I hope you saved up enough! Hee hee... I had to sell everything and gimp my war just to get to 80... selling my Scorpion Harness to get through the bead stage... shame 8m is only going to buy me 10-16 elemental ores...
    Thanks for the input. I'll be sure to invest in some +fire moghouse items as well.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

selling my Scorpion Harness to get through the bead stage... shame 8m is only going to buy me 10-16 elemental ores...
    But don't you make money on your server from the beads?

When i went from 80 to 87, It was practically free skill up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sefier
    fishing
    Technically it isn't a subcraft <.< After all, it CAN go to 100 while another craft is at 100 >.>

ok ok you win so just to mess it up ill say this.........

DRAGOON!

Quote Originally Posted by Zigma
    selling my Scorpion Harness to get through the bead stage... shame 8m is only going to buy me 10-16 elemental ores...
    But don't you make money on your server from the beads?

When i went from 80 to 87, It was practically free skill up.
    Yeah I know, but I need some money to buy the ores. I blew my last few million trying to get to 82 on Rapiers. heheheh