Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How did you guys do it? - CoP/Sea

First post after lurking for a long time.

I know that BG and most of the LS's the post here are totally uber and dedicated and probably blow my thrown-together LS out of the water, but I'd like some advice from the experts.

How did you guys get 30+ people through the CoP missions in order to do sea NM/Limbus? Did you give LS incentives, set deadlines or they get kicked, whatever? Did you set up statics or just let people do it on their own time?

I'm having a seriously un-fun time trying to push LS members to get these missions done. My LS is specifically created to complete these missions. It's in our charter and everything, but it's been really hard to get people to do what they joined to do.

We have 6 people on chapter 5 right now, and that's only because I will not let anyone in my party slack off and give up, despite people whining about sleep, not having leveling time, no money, etc. I've already dropped one person for being a slacker (with multiple warnings) and there's one other that seems to want to spend more time PLing his online girlfriend and whacking it or whatever that needs to shape up a bit.

Other than my CoP slaves, we have about 20+ people on various stages, most on either Minotaur or Mammets, and it's been hell trying to schedule and get people to take things seriously. There's a Minotaur run on Tuesday (of course when I have sky and can't attend) which is a start, but otherwise it's been absolute hell trying to get anyone to do anything.

What is your secret? Is it being total haijin and doing CoP every minute of the day? Do you just have incredibly dedicated people who can see the big picture instead of "what do I get RIGHT NOW NOW NOW"?

I'm seriously afraid that we promise to help people get these missions done, and they aren't capable of getting them done. CoP requires money, equipment, etc, and we've already gotten whining about it and people trying to sneak through with sub-par equipment and no medicines etc.

Ugh. I dunno, maybe it's just whining, but I'd like some serious advice on how you guys did it, other than "we are more uber than j00!" because I know you are.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Uh... the missions are pretty cool and the story is uber. We didn't have to force most of our members to do it. We been around for a long time and just looking for new things to do. Allthough we are a HNM/Endgame ls, and as such we are setting a deadline for our members to get sea. It gets real annoying not having enough people with sea on at xx time when we want to kill xx mob. Saying that though, we do help our members move through the missions. I myself have done the Airship bc about 5 times this week alone along with various other missions. We're prepping for JoL and we need all our members there to participate and help.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

My LS started out with the extremely dedicated CoPers, maybe 12-18 who got Sea when it came out. We got frustrated not having enough on for stuff, so we started a MASSIVE CoP project. 1 mission for the week two days of the week I think it was (so like... 3-1 on Tuesday and Thursday, then 3-2 on the next week's Tuesday and Thursday) starting from the crags. The whole project ended a week before Limbus/Temenos came out, I think. 50 people in Sea on the dot ;o

CoP really isn't too hard...there was a group of people (mostly LS members) that had a static and did it in 2-3 weeks. If people don't want to get sea then, you may have trouble Maybe force them, I dunno lol

The secret is running out of things to do everywhere else in the world, and wanting more new things.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Fira
    Uh... the missions are pretty cool and the story is uber. We didn't have to force most of our members to do it. We been around for a long time and just looking for new things to do. Allthough we are a HNM/Endgame ls, and as such we are setting a deadline for our members to get sea. It gets real annoying not having enough people with sea on at xx time when we want to kill xx mob. Saying that though, we do help our members move through the missions. I myself have done the Airship bc about 5 times this week alone along with various other missions. We're prepping for JoL and we need all our members there to participate and help.
    What they said. Me and 5 buddies gather together a couple times a week. Most of us are hardcore about it and endgame in general, but most of us just want the fucking rings more than anything

Most of us have already dropped a decent of gil into it, and gearing up for 6-4 is not going to be fun because of our setup, but overall we try to have fun doing it and rip each other to shread cause one person fucked up and wiped a BC. What we do is KS 30 runs together as a group and help fund each other. That helps alot.

Ventrilo / TeamSpeak Access also makes this easier. Makes corrdinating easier and you get a better feal for you LS mates / friends.

We are finishing up 5-3 currently and concidering we do this 2 times a week if that, we have gone from 2-3 to 5-3 in less than 3 weeks. Not much more advise I can try to give you, we are not even done yet. I am sure some one will help a little bit. Cause in the end the words of a noob mean nothing.

Good Luck

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Genosync
    The secret is running out of things to do everywhere else in the world, and wanting more new things.
    Pretty much.

Demosthenes11

Get everyone on same mission and have CoP events on the same day every week (ours is tuesday). It helps, and you don't get burned out from frustration.

Find a CoP LS.

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

Make a LS and/or good friend only static. You need to inspect and interrogate everyone and make sure that they can dedicated one or two nights a week to do a CoP mission. Next, you bring everyone together and discuss whether or not you can make the static work out. Find the right jobs and right people and you will be doing missions in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by Heian
    Most of us have already dropped a decent of gil into it, and gearing up for 6-4 is not going to be fun because of our setup
    Decent amount of gil will not stand up to what CCB Polymers are going to cost you if you don't farm them yourselves, as well as consumables for 6-4. On Remora, at least, the farmers charge 250k a pop. You only really need two total, because if you don't kill Ultima/Omega from 25% in the amount of time the polymer lasts, it's going to go Magic Shield on your ass and own you. Most setups will work, as long as your tank is a NIN. PLD works, but NIN is much much better (Full EVA setup including Bat Earrings). Just make sure you have three heavy DD. On the money bit again, I think I spent ~200k getting to 6-4, and 800k on 6-4. Not a fun BC in the least.

Ventrilo / TeamSpeak Access also makes this easier. Makes corrdinating easier and you get a better feal for you LS mates / friends.
    This pretty much saved us at a few points, not only for coordinating and getting to know people, but the ability to issue out duties and change strategy easily on the fly without someone having to read it. With your reading and visual senses already keyed into the game and doing what you need to get done, having a third medium to communicate makes everything so much easier.

We are finishing up 5-3 currently and concidering we do this 2 times a week if that, we have gone from 2-3 to 5-3 in less than 3 weeks. Not much more advise I can try to give you, we are not even done yet. I am sure some one will help a little bit. Cause in the end the words of a noob mean nothing.
    Once you're past 6-4, if you run into zero problems on BCs you can get Al'Taieu access within about 3-4 hours, if you rush everywhere to do all the CSes/NM pops. Most of the popped NMs are jokes, but take care around the tonberries.

GL~

But, back to Kyomu's topic:

Quote Originally Posted by Kyomu
    Kyomu
    [WHM70/BLM57/SMN33]
    {sea} {Can I have it?}
    Please don't take this as a 'I'm more uber than you' suggestion, or thought, but seeing as you don't have a Lv75 job, and probably haven't experienced most of what the game has to offer, you should probably spend some time popping and killing things in sky. Sky has much better and easier to pop NMs, that drop much better gear and take less than 25% of the time and energy to organize. Ground HNMs, same deal. I understand that you do want sea access, and you want to pop Jailers in sea and finish the CoP storyline--but until you have a strong linkshell, capable of other endgame feats, focus on those things. Already having better gear, more expierenced players, and the ability to work together will make people more motivated to get sea access, and then make them more motivated to farm it and pop the mobs.

At any rate, go ahead and finish your missions with the people that are dedicated to doing them, and leave the rest behind. Sea comes after sky.

Our link is basiclly doing the same thing we did for Sky. There is a small group maybe about 2 pt's worth, primarily officers that go to these missions to come up with a strategy that works for different setups. We do 1-2 missions a week for our members and are hoping to get Sea for the first 18 members by turkeyday, and the entire LS by x-mas. So far about 50-68% of our members have upto 2-5 - 3 done. Just takes alot of planing and commitment on yuor members, and we have a problem with some members not realizing how tough smoe of these fights are and always come unprepared.

Black Belt
    BG Level

We have 6 people on chapter 5 right now, and that's only because I will not let anyone in my party slack off and give up
    we don't have set parties. we bring the whole LS and do the mission like 10 times until everyone is through. we'll have one or two tanks, tank the BC a dozen times or we'll use one BLM over and over.

the most important thing though is probably because most if not all of our members are flexible.

i used WHM, BLM, BRD to get through the missions, a lot of other people had a lot more jobs leveled to 30-60 so they can change to whatever is optimal.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I believe it's all in the players versatility. Had it not been for the ability of my Party to change jobs needed for different setups we wouldn't be in the Garden of Ru'Hmet or w/e. For example I was SMN on the bomb, RDM on the airship and such. I was RDM and SMN on the ::beep:: fight, where he does cosmic blabclscurdiation and we didn't win till I went BLM and we had 2 BLMs MBing like crazy.

It's all in how you can switch to accomodate a situation.

Please don't take this as a 'I'm more uber than you' suggestion, or thought, but seeing as you don't have a Lv75 job, and probably haven't experienced most of what the game has to offer, you should probably spend some time popping and killing things in sky. Sky has much better and easier to pop NMs, that drop much better gear and take less than 25% of the time and energy to organize. Ground HNMs, same deal. I understand that you do want sea access, and you want to pop Jailers in sea and finish the CoP storyline--but until you have a strong linkshell, capable of other endgame feats, focus on those things. Already having better gear, more expierenced players, and the ability to work together will make people more motivated to get sea access, and then make them more motivated to farm it and pop the mobs.
    Oh, I definitely don't think it's a bad comment, and I'm beginning to see your point. I have a sky LS that's .... well, a little slow to get anything done at the moment, mostly because of recruitment and attendance problems. (We did Genbu with 8 last week, no deaths, and no rangers for Shadowbind, which was one of the most fun fights I participated in. I know that's not anything to brag about apparently, but it was pretty cool. ) No abjuration for me this time though, Crown Abj. hasn't dropped all the times we've done it.
    Maybe it's because I already have sky that I don't really find it all that exciting, and that I already have Noble's and most of the endgame equipment I want other than Crown and a few stupidly expensive things. I'm sure other people would see it differently though. Maybe I'll talk to them and see what they want to do, although it'll probably cause conflicts with my Sky LS. LOL Oh well!

I'll be honest, only four of my static members are 70+. Oddly enough, the lower leveled people are the ones that are the most dedicated to getting through the missions. We static leveled secondary jobs from 30 to 57, so we're all very familiar with how we work together. The problem is, 6 people can't accomplish everything in the game, unfortunately. Expanding our "synergy" to the rest of the LS doesn't seem to be working too well, so maybe I need to see what their priorities are.

You might be right, that I need to rethink my priorities about the sea NM's at least. I think it's just the idea of trying it to see if we can do it, instead of following all the written out strategies to the letter and having to have this job and that job. But, other people might not have the same priorities.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyomu
    Oh, I definitely don't think it's a bad comment, and I'm beginning to see your point. I have a sky LS that's .... well, a little slow to get anything done at the moment, mostly because of recruitment and attendance problems. (We did Genbu with 8 last week, no deaths, and no rangers for Shadowbind, which was one of the most fun fights I participated in. I know that's not anything to brag about apparently, but it was pretty cool. ) No abjuration for me this time though, Crown Abj. hasn't dropped all the times we've done it.
    Maybe it's because I already have sky that I don't really find it all that exciting, and that I already have Noble's and most of the endgame equipment I want other than Crown and a few stupidly expensive things. I'm sure other people would see it differently though. Maybe I'll talk to them and see what they want to do, although it'll probably cause conflicts with my Sky LS. LOL Oh well!

I'll be honest, only four of my static members are 70+. Oddly enough, the lower leveled people are the ones that are the most dedicated to getting through the missions. We static leveled secondary jobs from 30 to 57, so we're all very familiar with how we work together. The problem is, 6 people can't accomplish everything in the game, unfortunately. Expanding our "synergy" to the rest of the LS doesn't seem to be working too well, so maybe I need to see what their priorities are.

You might be right, that I need to rethink my priorities about the sea NM's at least. I think it's just the idea of trying it to see if we can do it, instead of following all the written out strategies to the letter and having to have this job and that job. But, other people might not have the same priorities.

Thanks.
    Basic Setup:

Tank, Healer, Support, Heavy damage, heavy damage, heavy damage.

Fill with BLM and you win (almost) every BC in CoP.

Basic Setup:

Tank, Healer, Support, Heavy damage, heavy damage, heavy damage.

Fill with BLM and you win (almost) every BC in CoP.
    Good to know, I don't feel like leveling other jobs for CoP missions. >_>

We had 1 group go through upon release. Then a second group went through with their own static. Now with the mass of the ls left, we had one person who voluntered to get everyone through. He always plays (except when his monitor burns out) so he had the time. A quick shout on the /l who needs xx mission? / / / / // / ok you 15 get ready. There have been frustrating times believe me. As someone said flexibility is the key. I have played rng,whm,blm and smn on diffrent missions. Frustrating moments tend to be Oroyu bc and you have 2 bst drg drk whm smn left to get through and its 3 AM. We called it a day and regrouped the next afternoon. Changed jobs, and got them through as well. The bomb bc was nothing short of being prodded with a hot iron because of the need for 2 hrs. I like them because they are not cake walk like rise of the zilart and the story is amazing.

If your ls objective is to get sea then you need to stay on them to get sea. I personally don't kick people who have other shit to do in rl or what not, but if thats what you feel needs to be done its your ls. I had a talk with everyone on ls and we as a ls decided to slow down on CoP every single day, because people were burning out and it was no longer fun for everyone. We all help when we can if it means having bori log onto my character to get a whm up there while they are in school then I let him do it. Its a sacrafice, but if your only ls objective is sea then I don't see why people are having a hard time getting it done, especially if they knew the objective before they joined. My ls on the other hand well we have sky, dynamis, camping, lvling 3rd and 4th jobs, and we still have a few under 75 so I give them time to get all that done. Makes for a much happier family.

my ls has been interested in doing it just for the fun of doing it. when myself and two other members of my ls were the first ones to sea, we hyped it a lot, heh. it got everyone interested and shortly after, 2 ls statics made it to sea, and weekly we have more people making it through. basicly what we do for organizing the missions is pushing people to form their own groups to go, with friends within, or out, of the ls. the members who have the missions done are more than willing to help out with other ls members getting to sea, because we're all pretty psyched up about killing the sea gods. sky is just kinda boring anymore and kings aren't always campable with our schedules.

also concerning flexibility, i leveled whm just for all the level capped missions. when there was need for heavy damage in a short amount of time, i went as rdm (always died first on those missions -_-). a large number of our members have multiple 70+ jobs, and even more 50-60 jobs, so the flexibility thing wasnt much of an issue.

easy, to get 50 ppl to sea, have about 10-15 people with sea access do the same BCs with standardish setups getting 1-2 ppl thru at a time. I think I've done the Omega/Ultima BC about 35+ times now.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

When they final CoP BC was introduced our LS had about 8 people complete up to that point, about 12 on various Chapter 8 missions and about 30 more scattered around all the other missions. Best way to motivate the rest of them was to dangle our Rajas/Tamas Rings in front of them as bait. A good chunk flew through the missions after that.

Of course, now that they all have sea access and have experienced a few Sea runs for pop items, it's like pulling teeth to ever get them to go back again. Sea farming makes camping Ullik/farming water look fun.