Thread: Solo-able ENM(s)?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Drenden

Solo-able ENM(s)?

Are there any? I've read many threads on a few forums about the ENMs, but is there any completely solo-able ones?

Let me push my luck even further;

Are there any solo-able ENMs for a Red Mage and that do not require anything further than Riverne Site? ^^

By the way, Congrats Berticus, Ondori and Bikkwin for gracing the front page of Killing Ifrit

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

ENM60 in Mine Shaft #2716.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Try Bugard in the Clouds, enm50....it is soloable.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

"Fire in the Sky"
    Lv40 cap
    Monarch Linn
    Soloable only as smn imo

Sorta risky though, but then agian you have nothing to lose. I'm 8/12 on it solo. Just fight it like the lv20 avatar fights, but need to be quick before he blows you out of the arena. All 3 astral flows must hit (pick your choice of ramuh or ifrit)

Uses typical Cluster bomb attacks, main one to watch out for is the one where he does fire based aoe that inflicts gravity, messing with the kiting.

Each astral flow does about 33%dmg, after 3 astrals he always has about 3% HP left, just let avatar melee it down, but definately need some mp to back that up.

4 ether rings, 2 Horror Voulges, Marksman ring and Thugs Zamburak (sp) were my drops, ether pretty common as you can see.

Only catch is you need 2 scales (or 1 if you go 50cap B01), so you need a little help getting through the zone. Then again smn could solo wyvern easy.

Monarch Linn Patrol (Uncap Mammet ENM) also soloable in the same fashion, drops aren't as great though. Xp scroll, gil, sirloin steak from what I've seen.

Get a good smn buddy to do this stuff

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Drenden

I think the ENM60 in Mine Shaft #2716 is the winner.

Thank you all for your replies, it is appreciated.

Um, the ENM60 in Mine Shaft is designed to be solo. Unless you count the one where you're going for the race-specific earrings.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Dawnbringer

I did Bugard In The Clouds as a BLM with another BLM friend on a whim after doing Ouryu one time, and it was cake until he switched over to "magic immune" mode and gutted us. A RDM/NIN would probably be able to solo it as mentioned above.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

RDM can solo the lv75 cap "Holy Cow" enm (easy) in Uleguerand Range, and the lv75 cap Bugboy enm (pretty hard) in Mineshaft. I know a couple red mages who have done both, don't have any strategies for you though.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Can a SMN solo Bionic Bug? Or does Bugboy hit too hard/fast to be able to run away to resummon, cast nasty things, have auto-regen, etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by Vecan
    RDM can solo the lv75 cap "Holy Cow" enm (easy) in Uleguerand Range, and the lv75 cap Bugboy enm (pretty hard) in Mineshaft. I know a couple red mages who have done both, don't have any strategies for you though.
    Avesta doesn't count.

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Quote Originally Posted by Marcatil
    Avesta doesn't count.
    BLM and RDMs alike solo the holy cow and the bionic bug regularly in my LS.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Avesta sem-solo'd Brothers ENM.
    All he had was another person come in to sleep the second mob.

Bugboy seems like it would be easy to solo...when he puts on counterstance, chainspell Thunder III will rape him.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Marcatil
    Avesta doesn't count.
    He's on my server, but I know 2 other Red Mages who have done both of them. Both had a lot of trouble with the bugboy one but managed to beat it after a couple tries.

Edit: Avesta has been played to death, everyone knows he's awesome. Don't turn this topic into another shrine towards him lol.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Okan, in the first video he did of Brothers, he soloed it without assitance with sleeping the other mob.

I believe it was his most recent attempt at the ENM that he had someone sleep it. I suppose this was in order to prevent him from having to die in order to reset hate on the larger mob.

Seeing as I solo these pritty oftan...

Bugboy - Its very very very hard to solo, I have all +1 gear, but no abj or af2 gear. Alot of merits and gravity and bind lands maybe 1/12. This ENM is very hard to solo. I usualy dueo it.

Apis - Easy easy easy easy. Gravity, Bind, land everytime. He hits for 1k dmg on me so if you dont have /nin skip this.