+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Its November 1st....     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura
    Sorry, but the Original 3 were fucking awesome, the newest 3 fucking suck (with the lastest one being better then the other 2)
    I don't even get the last one. How much time was passing during this whole movie?

She tells everyone she is pregnant and then later that afternoon she has 2 kids who don't look premature at all. I lost all sense of time while watching this movie. It felt like watching news clips of a year long war.

And the worst part of the new trilogy isn't jar-jar. It's a tie between padme/anakin love story and the trade federation leaders. I couldn't stand those leaders, in all 3 movies, looked incredibly stupid, acted incredibly stupid, and had the worst speech mannerisms ever.

Of the new 3 I liked the phantom menace the best, but then I've always liked expositions.

i like the prequels, but people want to much for some reason, if you want fucking godfather or citizens kane go watch them. its star wars and thats what you get when you watch them, i think ultimately they are entertaining and thats whats important.

Quote Originally Posted by Janice
    Quote Originally Posted by Elcura
    Sorry, but the Original 3 were fucking awesome, the newest 3 fucking suck (with the lastest one being better then the other 2)
    I don't even get the last one. How much time was passing during this whole movie?

She tells everyone she is pregnant and then later that afternoon she has 2 kids who don't look premature at all. I lost all sense of time while watching this movie. It felt like watching news clips of a year long war.

And the worst part of the new trilogy isn't jar-jar. It's a tie between padme/anakin love story and the trade federation leaders. I couldn't stand those leaders, in all 3 movies, looked incredibly stupid, acted incredibly stupid, and had the worst speech mannerisms ever.

Of the new 3 I liked the phantom menace the best, but then I've always liked expositions.
    I agree, Jar-Jar was the start of the decay (I wanted to fucking strangle him) then the second one was so shit with the crappy love story

Oh Padme, I love you
    Oh Anakin, I love you too

For 2 hours

Fuck that.

I liked the fucking cartoon version (I think it was called Clone Wars?) more then the new movies, Clone Wars was fucking sick. Great stuff :wink:

E. Body
    BG Level

Star Trek > Star Wars

Let the flames begin!

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Scunsion
    i like the prequels, but people want to much for some reason, if you want fucking godfather or citizens kane go watch them. its star wars and thats what you get when you watch them, i think ultimately they are entertaining and thats whats important.
    Couldn't agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by Yummy
    3 days till bert's birthday
    Ondori, buy him hooker or something, he looks like he needs to get laid or something.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yup. Judging from the people I've talked to on the issues, most people who remember Star Wars from its initial theatrical run see the original three films through the rose-colored glasses of youth. They remember the incredible feelings of excitement and astonishment that went with watching those movies when you were 5, 10 or 15.
    What they don't remember is when you're a child, you didn't realize how crappy the acting, writing and directing are. This didn't change between the original trilogy and the newer films. The acting still sucks, the writing is stodgy at best and there are more plot holes than genuinely well-written scenes. The quality of each of the 6 films was, in my opinion, approximately equal. There were highs (Empire Strikes Back, Revenge of the Sith) and lows (Return of the Jedi, Phantom Menace), but by and large, all six films are very similar in quality. There is nothing you could do to make new Star Wars films that would live up to the expectations of the originals, as you can't duplicate the perceptions of an eight-year old in an adult.
    I've known a few adults who have watched the original Star Wars films for the first time in the last 5-10 years, and they don't understand any of the fuss. They don't have the fond memories of youth to associate with all of the original films, and, as such, think the films are, at best, mediocre.

Scunsion summed it up best, so I'll just quote him.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I've said it before and I will say it again: there will never be another movie as great as Citizen Kane, because you can't turn it into a Happy Meal.

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    Quote Originally Posted by Elemmire
    don't.. they all suck. Story and characters aren't bad. Hell.. acting isn't too bad with some people. It's just.. George Lucas sucks ass as a director and a writer
    I disagree. The acting is general bad, although I think people can agree Harrison Ford did a great job, and I really liked Mcgregor or w/e in the new ones, they were the standouts from each trilogy to me.

But yeah, I think the acting is usually corny, but the story itself and most of the characters aren't that bad. Lucas is a really good director its just that he goes over the top with the fantasy sometimes and loses touch with reality (or at least with what is exciting/new w/o being annoying).
    I don't know.. he really rushes things a lot. I don't care how long a movie is. But when it feels so rushed (look at episode 3 :\) things just get lost along the way. He has interesting ideas, true, but he should really work them out a bit better