Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Woodworking 100... Is it worth it?

Well I recently picked up my woodworking again and got it to 68 and then thought "should this be the craft I take to 100?". After looking it over it seems like every other craft can make something better, faster, stronger, harder, then woodworking if you know what I mean.

For example Cloth can make all these amazing capes and dalmatica along with a lot of highly used items while bonecrafters can make 20mil in one sittting making SH+1 ect....

Maybe its just craft envy or maybe im just blind but it seems that all the new and cool items that are coming out that are in high demand only Smithers, Goldsmithers, Clothcrafters and Bonecrafts can make while everyone in woodworking sit there and get no new synths other then some fishtank oooooOooOo!!oneone wtf cares >.> yea i can make a fishtank and a palm tree +1 while you make a dragonharness.... t.t

Basically I'm asking are there ANY highly used items that woodworking makes in comparason to the other crafts endgame other then cursed shura gear and HQ staffs since the market for bows isnt as good as it was when they patched ranger...

Thanks for the tips

-Meggido

Unicorn Server

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

I've never met a Woodworker who had an intention to use it for anything but whoring HQ elemental staves for easy money. If, like me, your idea of crafting is to make funky items signed by yourself then I think you'll maybe want to downgrade it to 60 now before it goes too far.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

id try to whore cursed haidate -1 or shoot for HQ of divine logs with lumberjacklol

hq divine logs with lumberjack would be insane o-o

Cursed Shura/divine lumber/logs sell rare enough, I don't see that as a viable strategy for profit. Might as well HQ other lumber which sells reliably, or whore staves like everyone else.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

even whoring staves is a fickle market and such massive loss if you get a bad streak; I'm constantly disappointed with the underwhelming performance of my "capped" craft and often find myself wishing I had spent the gil elsewhere

It is all about finiding your niche. You can go log a few places and do some chocobo digging and semi decent level (3 or so) and get some logs. HQ the shit out of them and make some cash. I don't think it is a stellar craft but fuck it is better than alchemy.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Wood sucks. Divine logs on Midgard are 8m and going up, its hard to HQ shura gear with the price of the logs.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Woodworking sucks, you barely make any $ off it unless you get really lucky 1 day

I agree with Spilner! He's in the know!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah, woodworking sucks. That's why 22 swims in a vault of gil every day like Scrooge McDuck.

all the crafts suck because everyone undercuts the fuck out of eachother so EVERY NQ is a loss.

the system is fucking retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    Cursed Shura/divine lumber/logs sell rare enough, I don't see that as a viable strategy for profit. Might as well HQ other lumber which sells reliably, or whore staves like everyone else.
    Why does lumber sell rarely enough? IMO, because people don't list it. People come to a crafter with materials in hand for a cursed armor synth, so what do they do? The buy a log and give the crafter the log. I don't know about you, but if -I- were getting a piece of Cursed Shura gear synthed, I would much rather come to the crafter with a piece of Lumber in hand. That's 5% less chance that I'll lose all my gil. I imagine if someone listed a piece of Lumber on the AH for the same price as a log (or even 100k less), it would fly off the shelves.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Judah
    all the crafts suck because everyone undercuts the fuck out of eachother so EVERY NQ is a loss.

the system is fucking retarded.
    Agreed.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    Yeah, woodworking sucks. That's why 22 swims in a vault of gil every day like Scrooge McDuck.
    Not that I know of Twentytwo but that metaphor fucking killed me

I just want to make my own set of signed HQ staves. I never really looked at any of the other money making crap. I'm looking to be financially comfortable in-game, not insanely rich.

woodworking is lame sence noone buys many bolts anymore :/

elemental HQ staves are fun and there are only 2 pieces of cursed gear that are in high demand. shihei sells rather well still....

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rex
    even whoring staves is a fickle market and such massive loss if you get a bad streak; I'm constantly disappointed with the underwhelming performance of my "capped" craft and often find myself wishing I had spent the gil elsewhere
    I've hit a bad streak and lost over 10mil.. about 15mil to be more exact. So now it's either I can stop crafting... and slowly lose money, or I can craft more and risk losing money but also get a chance to make money.

But Woodworkin does pretty much suck. Only high-level break even Nq synth is cursed gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Girl
    But Woodworkin does pretty much suck. Only high-level break even Nq synth is cursed gear.
    Thats all crafts these days. NQ is always a huge loss these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiro
    I just want to make my own set of signed HQ staves. I never really looked at any of the other money making crap. I'm looking to be financially comfortable in-game, not insanely rich.
    I take this back. I recently offered to level my friend's woodworking from 80 to 97 'cause he got kicked off the game, so I did it and hated it. With leveled subs there is jack shit to make a profit on, unless you can make some rosenbogen and whatever else out there.

So I'm deleveling woodworking and starting something else. It's currently at 89.. wasted all my gil.

And.. the craft itself is boring as fuck.