Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DrObvious
    Quote Originally Posted by Sekkite
    I hope they'll balance DRK, DRG, and THF in the upcoming expansion.
    In terms of what though? When you look at the solo ability of drg or thf maybe it's fair that they aren't the best in parties or endgame activities. Drk may get tp slower than other jobs but you pump out huge damage ws, and that's what most people are looking for, isn't it?
    How often you can put out those weapon skills matters too. And since most other damage dealers either match our weapon skill damage(or close to it) in addition to having superior DoT(by far) and being able to put out the weapon skills a LOT more often, it makes DRK a very undesirable job end game in xp parties. For HNMs, DRK has the worst TP gain and inconsistent WS damage, so they aren't sought after for much besides stun on those too.

Last i check these are the stats for the set of Nashira

Nashira Crackows 75
    * Elemental Magic Skill +5
    * Summoning Magic Skill +5
    * Magic Accuracy +2
    * Haste +1%

Nashira Gages 75
    * Magic Accuracy +3
    * Enmity -4
    * Haste +1%

Nashira Manteel 75
    * Healing Magic Skill +5
    * Dark Magic Skill +5
    * Magic Accuracy +5
    * Haste +3%

Nashira Seraweels
    * Divine Magic Skill +5
    * Enfeebling Magic Skill +5
    * Magic Accuracy +3
    * Haste +2%

Nashira Turban 75
    * Magic Accuracy +5
    * Enmity -5
    * Haste +2%
    * Spell Interruption Rate -10%

So that's a total of:

Elemental Magic Skill +5
    Enhancing Magic Skill +5
    Summoning Magic Skill +5
    Healing Magic Skill +5
    Dark Magic Skill +5
    Divine Magic Skill +5
    Enfeebling Magic Skill +5
    Magic Accuracy +18
    Haste +9%
    Enmity -9
    Spell interruption rate -10%

so you were alittle off. But now tear that apart from a mage's point of view.

The thing that shines through to me is the total +5 of all skills, but then you are adding in 18 MAGACC. How can you say thats bad. If you go to use elemental seal up at the top of your screen it's described as "Enhances the Accuracy of your next spell" When it comes to endgame this set is amazing for BLM. All that constant Magic ACC would be killer when stacked in with your standard hq staves, and other high end armor. Only peice i probably wouldn't use for blm is the hands i would choose af+1 for HNM. But for someone that is planning on taking the 4 main mages to 75 like myself this set is amazing. All situational of course, but i think BLM makes out the best off this set as a whole.

And even the Shinra set rarely do you see people using the whole set. I personally can't wait to get my hands on these. I'm pretty sure when more BLMs get thier hands on more of it they will end up agreeing that it's a very good set to use as a whole. Armor alone if you take that set, add in elemental torque, swap out for AF+1 hands, abyssal earring, moldavite earring, Tamas ring, Snow ring (i would personally rather a Serene ring and will be using it's stats in my example), Mericiful Cape, Penitent's Rope, Phantom talathum, you're looking at a combined stats of:

Elemental Magic Skill +32
    Enhancing Magic Skill +10
    Summoning Magic Skill +5
    Healing Magic Skill +5
    Dark Magic Skill +15
    Divine Magic Skill +5
    Magic Accuracy +15
    Magic Attack Bonus +5
    Intelligence +20
    Mind +10
    Charisma +5
    Haste +8%
    Enmity -15
    MP +87
    HP -35

I don't see how anyone thinks this would be a bad set of gear lol. But that's the great thing about this game i guess is people play it differently and there really is no wrong way unless you're a complete moron.

Could there be hidden stats on these armor?

LazyShell
    BG Level

Its good in small doses also. SMNs really wouldn't care at all about Shinra set god gear for actual use (maybe for messing around). And overall this whole set wouldn't be great on them. But the hands are awsome for them. Just like how the pants are killer for RDM, shoes for BLM. (thats 3 pieces that are really big for a job whereas the rest is medicore and maybe good in a full set, kinda like osode, kote, haidate are to sune-ate and kabuto? hmm)

Only big difference, is that there is no piece that is rediculously good for all the jobs that can wear it, like osode and haidate (not like Osode really is.. most people i see that use it have it mainly for a WS piece)

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Eromenos-Ifrit
    Last i check these are the stats for the set of Elemental Magic Skill +32
    Enhancing Magic Skill +10
    Summoning Magic Skill +5
    Healing Magic Skill +5
    Dark Magic Skill +15
    Divine Magic Skill +5
    Magic Accuracy +15
    Magic Attack Bonus +5
    Intelligence +20
    Mind +10
    Charisma +5
    Haste +8%
    Enmity -15
    MP +87
    HP -35

I don't see how anyone thinks this would be a bad set of gear lol. But that's the great thing about this game i guess is people play it differently and there really is no wrong way unless you're a complete moron.
    Kinda like how a melee can overstock in +acc armor and lose out on all their damage, all the ele magic skill + magic acc is doing the same thing. Only 5 magic attack bonus will hurt, Igquira body has both ele skill and magic attack bonus, I wouldnt pass that up. Also the pants are balls for blm, i'd want my Mahatma slops for better dmg.

The gear is very decent, nothing spectacular, and definaley wont take the whole set for my blm unless it's a show off thing.

You do bring up a valid point with the gear being not as uber as we would like

.......oh well, at least Limbus is something else to do

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    I hope they'll balance DRK, DRG, and THF in the upcoming expansion.
    w
    Why do I have to agree with you on this
    because its true.

Sorry kuno, I thought there was a wrap around

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Eromenos-Ifrit
    If you go to use elemental seal up at the top of your screen it's described as "Enhances the Accuracy of your next spell" When it comes to endgame this set is amazing for BLM.
    And ??
    Viper Bite's description is "deals double damage", yet what it does is double your current attack.
    All resist traits say "gives a slight resistance against [debuff]", but what they really do is occasionally allow you to resist the debuff. I dont notice binds or weight lasting any lesser time as thf/nin.
    Fast Cast says it "Quickens Spellcasting", and yet, we should all know by now, thanks to my infamous nerf RDM thread, that it Quickens Spellcasting, but also lowers recast timers.

in essence, Elemental Seal does not 'enhance' the accuracy of your next spell, it makes it land at full power, unless the target has some inate resistance to it (ie: ES paralyze wont stick on an ice/fire elemental)

Those descriptions can be misleading.

Elemental Seal does not guarentee the spell landing. Take a THF/BLM and try to ES sleep a pot in The Guarden of Ru'hmet.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Did you have to quote it again for this page?

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    Did you have to quote it again for this page?
    I dont think that far ahead.

Elemental Seal does not guarentee the spell landing. Take a THF/BLM and try to ES sleep a pot in The Guarden of Ru'hmet.
    Have you tried ??

I know I've seen people grav KB on the 392487234th's gravity because of ES. It didnt stick for shit, but it landed.

I didn't try, but Borisan tried as a level 75BRD/37BLM on the pots in The Guarden of Ru'hmet. ES Sleep failed.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I didn't try, but Borisan tried as a level 75BRD/37BLM on the pots in The Guarden of Ru'hmet. ES Sleep failed.
    do you mean those awesome, unsleepable pots that guard the elevator?

Rawk 75Sam/blm sleeps nidhogg like its nothin

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by mdn
    It must of been, because
    [removed broken image]
    Unless THF75/BLM37 always sleep VT mobs.
    no, I didnt have the pluto's on, I was doing stuff on blm before and I didnt bother putting my gear in MH)

And I just realized I forgot to blur out my gil.
    Does that make me uncool ?

Quote Originally Posted by mdn
    It must of been, because
    [removed broken image]
    Unless THF75/BLM37 always sleep VT mobs.
    no, I didnt have the pluto's on, I was doing stuff on blm before and I didnt bother putting my gear in MH)

And I just realized I forgot to blur out my gil.
    Does that make me uncool ?
    Yes it did happen to be those pots

in essence, Elemental Seal does not 'enhance' the accuracy of your next spell, it makes it land at full power, unless the target has some inate resistance to it (ie: ES paralyze wont stick on an ice/fire elemental)
    Not close to a 100% land rate when sticking enfeebles on gods, such as silence on Suzaku.

Elemental Seal isn't 100%, but it's a good reliability factor when trying to land shit. Typically though when trying to land it, you have the intent of having it last for a reasonable amount of time <.<

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    I think we did get fucked over, the jobs who cant use sky gear.

Where's a mage onry INT+15 / MND+15 / CHR+15 god gear, nope cant find it. It's kinda sad, but all it does is re-assure me that Zilart was the ultimate expansion for FFXI, and CoP is still utter trash in comparison.

The fact Sage Sundi aknowledges it too, tsk tsk.
    Mages got their god gear long ago, only it comes from the AH. Hello Errant set. Kicks the living crap out of sky god items and it's easy to get.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by tiberion02
    Rawk 75Sam/blm sleeps nidhogg like its nothin
    That's me!! :wink: