Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Homan and Nashira sets, did we get screwed?

Something has been bothering me since the update. The Homan and Nashira sets were for all of the jobs that could not equip Shinra set, but it did not seem to stack up. I added up all of the stats on them, look at them, and tell me if you think the remaining 8 jobs were screwed or not.

Homan Set
    DEF: 146
    HP + 127
    MP + 127
    Acc + 32
    MAcc + 4
    RAcc + 6
    Enmity +3
    Haste + 12%
    Enhances Triple Attack Effect
    Enhances Fast Cast Effect
    Wyvern HP + 50

Nashira Set
    DEF: 121
    MAcc +18
    Enmity -4
    Haste +9%
    Spell Interruption -10%
    Healing skill +5
    Dark skill +5
    Divine Skill + 5
    Enfeebling Skill + 5
    Elemental Skill + 5
    Summoning Skill + 5

Shinra Set
    DEF: 185
    HP + 100
    MP + 30
    Water + 50
    Lightning + 50
    Light + 50
    Fire + 50
    VIT + 25
    STR + 10
    DEX + 25
    AGI + 25
    INT + 10
    MND + 25
    CHR + 10
    Haste + 5%
    Ranged Accuracy + 10
    Blaze Spike Effect

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

It beats a total blank.

hmmm i nvr herd of shinra set >.>

It's something to do with the mythology of Kirin in FFXI... he mentions it when he dies or is summoned. He is saying sky god armor is superior to sea god armor. It's a good point but /meh, nothing will ever be done about it.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El
    hmmm i nvr herd of shinra set >.>
    4gods + Kirina set.

neither sets are meant to be used as full sets
    both have very useful applications in a broad number of situations

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Nothing from those 2 sets really compares to an osode or haidate. ;x

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Any Homam piece other than body has Haste+3%. Haidate has Haste+5%. Granted, a single piece will be less haste than haidate, but you could always wear two and not only get more haste but also other various enhancements. e.g. Homam legs + feet = Haste+6%, Accuracy+9, R.Accuracy+6, HP+57, MP+57, Enhances Fast Cast, and 50 more HP for your wyvern. But I guess it depends on what DRK/DRG/THF's wear for feet, and assuming this would have replaced haidate for legs. PLDs are out since they have better things anyway, outside these sets.

As for Nashira, the body *could* have been the osode of magic skills if only they had put elemental, enfeebling, and dark magic skills on the same piece. Instead, they split those up into feet (elemental, summoning), body (healing, dark), and legs (divine, enfeebling). So it falls short of an osode in that it isn't a catch-all of stats that are bound to improve something your job does. Had they put elemental, enfeebling, and dark skills on manteel, and divine, healing, and summoning on the other pieces, it would be the mage osode.

However, with each piece offering a little magic acc and haste along with one useful skill (and one useless one), its still not bad. As SMN, I just like the hands for the -1 perp cost and -4 enmity.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

From a PLD perspective,

I think about how I can't use god gear and then I think about Koenig and then I realize that I have nothing to complain about.

The homan is nice for exping pld or pld/nin. I've been lucky enough to get the hands so far.

But I dont feel it is such clutch gear compared to God or Koenig. So in that respect, I guess your point is somewhat correct.

The gimped jobs are forever remained to be gimped unfortunately. Gogo SE for doing such a sub-par job with balancing your game. Gear alone that the majority of the player base will never touch will not fix the horribly large imbalances in palce.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

I think we did get fucked over, the jobs who cant use sky gear.

Where's a mage onry INT+15 / MND+15 / CHR+15 god gear, nope cant find it. It's kinda sad, but all it does is re-assure me that Zilart was the ultimate expansion for FFXI, and CoP is still utter trash in comparison.

The fact Sage Sundi aknowledges it too, tsk tsk.

Yea, but Zilart has pretty much been known for Content while CoP was all story. I mean good gear, new monsters is the best we can ask for, but I still enjoy playing through a good story.

I hope they'll balance DRK, DRG, and THF in the upcoming expansion.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Sekkite
    w

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    w
    Why do I have to agree with you on this

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Stop breaking the fucking page tables, asshole.

As a RDM.. I just want those Nashira's Legs

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Varnx
    Yea, but Zilart has pretty much been known for Content while CoP was all story. I mean good gear, new monsters is the best we can ask for, but I still enjoy playing through a good story.
    didnt make cop suck any less

People dont play MMO for the story, that's what the offline games are for. Online = social interaction and fun with groups.

Releasing a ton of capped shit to a game where a high amount of the playerbase is 75 and enjoy being 75, is silly .

Nice in theory, but as we saw, and as SE themselves aknowledge. CoP failed as a good expansion. It's really one of the worst I've ever seen in an online game.

In terms of what though? When you look at the solo ability of drg or thf maybe it's fair that they aren't the best in parties or endgame activities. Drk may get tp slower than other jobs but you pump out huge damage ws, and that's what most people are looking for, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    People dont play MMO for the story, that's what the offline games are for. Online = social interaction and fun with groups.

Releasing a ton of capped shit to a game where a high amount of the playerbase is 75 and enjoy being 75, is silly .
    I want both Sometimes there just isn't time to get anything done in the game when you only have a few hours to play. Quests, for example, are a good way to add to the game's story and gives you something to do.

I agree, there was WAY too much level capped shenanigans going on in cop. I don't see how Square expects us to have room for all the damn gear.

Really? I'd go through all of CoP for the story; anything else is just an added bonus. Having to do it with a team just makes it all the more fun.