BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Fully upgraded Relic Shield on Phoenix

thats 3 full relics on phoenix now, all in the same LS: Feather

[img=http://img459.imageshack.us/img459/2346/3relics016yy.th.jpg]

Too bad Phalanx shield is better than it and costs 50k

And ugly as hell

I beg to differ, the shield has a shield bash effect for 230+ dmg(sometimes 230x3 = 690), 70% shield block(or so) resist magic and more. and it has a face! you cant beat the face!

Quote Originally Posted by Squallblade
    I beg to differ, the shield has a shield bash effect for 230+ dmg(sometimes 230x3 = 690), 70% shield block(or so) resist magic and more. and it has a face! you cant beat the face!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcatil
    And ugly as hell

shoo fly don't bother me

I prefer a shield that has -% physical and magic damage over one that's purely magical. Square nerfed their own 300 million gil shield by releasing Phalanx shield.

The -70%+ physical damage reduction with the procrate of a Type 1 Shield, and you dont think thats better? Throw on a Jelly Ring and Defending Ring and if you block you're practically taking no damage from anything. Especially nowadays you as a PLD should know damage reduction isnt everything, hell theres a reason you use shield/sword nowadays more then you use Earth Staff. Enmity is such a huge issue.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole
    The -70%+ physical damage reduction with the procrate of a Type 1 Shield, and you dont think thats better? Throw on a Jelly Ring and Defending Ring and if you block you're practically taking no damage from anything. Especially nowadays you as a PLD should know damage reduction isnt everything, hell theres a reason you use shield/sword nowadays more then you use Earth Staff. Enmity is such a huge issue.
    The final stage on the relic shield was size 5 supposedly with the other stages being size 1 or 2? Alot of people were hoping that that size 5 would have size 4 like dmg reduction with a proc rate of size 1 or 2. Have we been able to verify this now?

With that much damage reduction, a paladin can forgo other damage-% gear for +enmity.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Aribeth
    The final stage on the relic shield was size 5 supposedly with the other stages being size 1 or 2? Alot of people were hoping that that size 5 would have size 4 like dmg reduction with a proc rate of size 1 or 2. Have we been able to verify this now?
    that's what the relic shield is, it blocks like 90% of the damage you take when it activates and it activates 70% of the time apparently.

I assumed regardless of the model size, the Type of shield it was stayed the same. Hell look at Genbu's Shield, its not circular and small like the others, so I dont think the model of the shield itself necessarily dictates that.

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Elweed, Deathknight, and ______. Bastards.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk
    Quote Originally Posted by Aribeth
    that's what the relic shield is, it blocks like 90% of the damage you take when it activates and it activates 70% of the time apparently.
    I dont wish to seem rude but there is a difference between "hearing" about it and actual conclusive proof.
    Our LS heard for the longest time that the gjallahorn did NOT give +2 to ballads based on "First-hand knowdledge". And as everybody found out, that was quite the false statement.

But I hope what you say is true. ^_^

Yeah.. it sounds amazing..

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

i would kill a kitten for this shield, anyone that doesnt think this shield is the best one out there never touched pld

pld's will all agree this is the best sheild there is

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Elweed, Deathnight, and Seeker.

Formerly Armani
    BG Level

That's a very nice looking shield.

rumor has it that maxwell is close to excalibur as well (also in feather consequently) and i have seen another player (yuzuu) with caliburn on phoenix