Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by I_am_new
    Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinhkinn
    Quote Originally Posted by layoneil
    Aspiring a mob to no MP can't be part of the designed strat.

people did it to Kirin back in the day too but now we obviously know that it's totally unnecessary.
    What holds true for Kirin doesn't hold true to AV, totaly different approach.

Kirin doesn't insta-cast his spells, nor spams them.
    ORLY?
    From what I've seen, there were only 2 (or 3) Wynav's out at any given time. I havent seen any videos, just the posted screenshots.

Dat files show 6 Wynav's. Kite AV down and kill off the 6 wynav's and see what happens ?
    They already said he will call more Wynavs.
    Has it ??
    There were 3 up. One was killed, another was summoned. Another Mijin'ed, and I dont recall if it was resummoned. But if it was resummoned, that accounts for 5 Wynav's....6th where ?????

afk class.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Did the ??? for JoL spawn again while fighting AV? Pop another one for added challenge, or maybe just view a message from SE saying 'You're fucked'.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elemmire
    I'm slightly amused that all this chaos was on the Pandemonium Server
    Well, our server is actually pretty tame, surprisingly. Occassionally you get some HNM drama, but nothing much.

We were due for something crazy.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

LOL at thinking that mobs die when they Mijin.

Quote Originally Posted by Alina
    Well, our server is actually pretty tame, surprisingly. Occassionally you get some HNM drama, but nothing much.

oh.. didn't mean like that.. meant the name.. Pandemonium XD

There are false prophets among us,
    who bring in damnable heresies,
    and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ner'zhul

Quote Originally Posted by Alina

Finally living up to the name!

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Jailer of Love abilities & spells

I spent some time watching the Jailer of Love raid during its preparation and initial attacks. Didn't stay awake to watch them kill it or see Absolute Virtue pop though. I did however, take a lot of screenshots in an attempt to keep a record of all the abilities JoL used during the fight. Won't bother uploading them to photobucket since bandwidth will get raped anyways, so instead I looked through all of them and here's the list:

Vitriolic Barrage - AoE damage, highest damage around 200
    Ion Shower - AoE damage, 200-400 damage
    Concussive Oscillation - stronger AoE damage, highest 'normal' damage around 884 (a RDM ate it for 2,102 damage). Can be absorbed by shadows.
    Primal Drill - stronger AoE damage, 400+ damage
    Fluorescence - The Jailer of Love gains the effect of Boost. It would hit a pimped-out PLD tank for 800 damage after a boosted, regular hit.
    Luminous Drape - AoE Charm

Additionally, Jailer of Love used the following spells.

Slowga
    Bindga
    Graviga
    Blindga
    Dispelga
    Breakga
    Diaga III
    Poisonga II
    Sleepga II
    Thunder IV
    Thundaga III
    Aeroga III
    Waterga III
    Stonega III
    Banish III
    Banishga III

Regarding their preparation, they separated into two different LS communication channels. LS #1 mumumu was the main group fighting JoL. LS #2 mumumumu would be used by outside parties fighting adds. They had a total of 28 BLMs between both LS groups. Three BLM parties from LS #2 would camp further away from JoL. Everytime JoL popped its 3 helpers, three NINs would each voke one and bring it to their respective BLM party to be nuked down.

For the first 30% of its life, JoL was taken down with BLM nuking (they started using -omg- skillchains well after 1 hour into the fight ._.).

People fighting JoL were also stocked up on meds from what I could observe. The regular echo drops and antidotes, but what really stood out was they used remedies to cancel Bindga.

This is all the information I have on me at present. In conclusion, I can say that was a giant, badass UFO those guys were fighting!

Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendaryCravy
    comparing Lv85-90 kings to a Lv100+ NM that uses all 15 two hours and casts teir 4ga and teir 5 spells insantly with chainspell including meteor is stupid. your logic is flawed.
    Umm.. I guess you killed it right, so you got the exp to prove he's Lv. 100+? Secondly, my logic isn't flawed because the only logic I've used is "back to the drawing board, let's see if we can figure out another way of killing him". Not only do I not see how that's flawed, I don't even see in general how a statement of that nature could possibly be flawed. All I said was that there is a strategy to beating it other than throwing 40 BLM at it.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

hmmm how about this, each Wyvern is a specific job. Once BLM Wyvern is taken down, AV looses the ability Manafont Ability? This also could go for NIN Wyvern with Mijiin, and RDM Wyvern with Fast Cast? Once all Wyvern are taken out, AV is a weak fool. Maybe same concept as Kirin? Take out its gods, and Kirin is a little puppy.

Time will tell

Quote Originally Posted by Orfeo
    18BST dd's with an alliance of healers/tanks waiting to hold if they wipe with level 100 cooks pumping out CC's and another alliance or two of BST's to fill in between CB timers?

With capped CB merits, naturally.

Quote Originally Posted by divisortheory
    I can't help but think that people are going about this the wrong way. The development team can beat all these monsters with their team of "thirty to forty people". Non development team cannot. It seems like the general strategy people employ when fighting something crazy like this is just throw as many BLM as you possibly can at it. Maybe that's the problem. We know SE has been hinted at nerfing BLMs for a while, maybe these mobs are specifically designed with some weird property that if you throw a shit load of BLM at it, you'll get fucking owned.
    jol already has a huge ass baseline BLM requirement because it summons stuff you -have- to ga. theres no other way to kill it.

then from these guys' kill, it seems like the most efficient way to kill it is BLMs, what terrible design. 30 blms okw

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Building on a possibility/thoery that I think someone else mentioned briefly earlier, but I'm probably building too much....

What if they key (or one of the keys) is the Wyvna's? He may resummon them but what if he there's a limit to the number he can summon, if there are 6 in the .dat files then maybe he only summons those 6 (obviously it's possible he can resummon over and over regardless of what's in the .dats, but the same analogy goes for Kirin then, only summons one of each god). Maybe for each Wyvna that is killed, AV loses some abilities (like killing the Dragons before DL) possibly the abilities of the Wyvna that was killed (kill the BLM Wyvna and he loses the ability to nuke). Did AV use more than 6 SP's? I saw Manafont, Chainspell, Hundred Fists, Blood Weapon, Mighty Strikes I think which is 5 and I wouldn't count Call Wyvern since that's probably his "Main" job which wouldn't go away (not to mention a Wyvna summoning another Wyvna just sounds silly).

Purely random speculation of course, but it could work.

Edit - Same idea as Lilmage, didn't see his post until after I posted

I also like the idea someone had about using the weapons (e.g. Love Halberd, Temperance Axe, Faith Baghnaks, etc) against him.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nuriko
    Building on a possibility/thoery that I think someone else mentioned briefly earlier, but I'm probably building too much....

What if they key (or one of the keys) is the Wyvna's? He may resummon them but what if he there's a limit to the number he can summon, if there are 6 in the .dat files then maybe he only summons those 6 (obviously it's possible he can resummon over and over regardless of what's in the .dats, but the same analogy goes for Kirin then, only summons one of each god). Maybe for each Wyvna that is killed, AV loses some abilities (like killing the Dragons before DL) possibly the abilities of the Wyvna that was killed (kill the BLM Wyvna and he loses the ability to nuke). Did AV use more than 6 SP's? I saw Manafont, Chainspell, Hundred Fists, Blood Weapon, Mighty Strikes I think which is 5 and I wouldn't count Call Wyvern since that's probably his "Main" job which wouldn't go away (not to mention a Wyvna summoning another Wyvna just sounds silly).

Purely random speculation of course, but it could work.

Edit - Same idea as Lilmage, didn't see his post until after I posted
    boon! ww

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Clearly he's weak to Wyvern breath attacks.

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

So was just wondering.. if we team up to kill JoL (or AV), due to difficulty, do we all get BKs? w

I dunno if we all want to start mad recruiting just to kill 1 or 2 things >_>;

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Why the hell does SE have to stick JoL or AV in an area where you can only have 18 people in an alliance.

Stop fucking people over when they have to go 'shit! I'm not in the alliance' or 'who is it red to?'

It should be in its own place where you dont have to worry about shit like that if you need so many people.

Haha AV= reason to have fully upgraded Relic Shield lol

so mijin goes from 4k->3k and meteor goes from 2k->1.5k?

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast