Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by divisortheory
    Quote Originally Posted by Fira
    Also I'd like to know why melee are so useless endgame compared to mages.
    DON'T ask that question. Then they'll say,, "Hmm.. Yea we really should nerf the mages." instead of the correct response, which is "Hmm.. Yea we really should make melees more powerful."
    Or maybe they'll say its purely community enforced.

E. Body
    BG Level

Please ask him if they will have on-demand world shifting available. Or I bomb your house in the name of jihad. thx.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    Please ask him if they will have on-demand world shifting available. Or I bomb your house in the name of jihad. thx.
    I think Bahumat is crowded enough as it is

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Dawnbringer

I'm pretty sure Matt Hilton is a community representative, not an actual developer. Don't get your hopes too high that you'll have game balance questions answered in any kind of detail. Anyway, here's my question:

What would you say the most important lesson S-E has learned in the past year since the release of Chains of Promathia?

E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Heian
    Not when you have another expansion release with another 40 odd zones to be added.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Heian
    Not when you have another expansion release with another 40 odd zones to be added.
    Damn 40 zones huh? How much you want to bet there will not be a single 70+ EXP zone 8)

Quote Originally Posted by Judah
    why does everyone talk so bad about thieves? 2 best melee in the game - samurai and thief.

light light light
    light light light
    light light light
    Thieves don't pump out big enough numbers.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Ask what the hell Nidhogg Scales do please....

Before someone is so fast to reply and say HQ Dragon Mail, or some other stupid shit like that it doesn't work... http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/3340 http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/1468 are untrue and don't work.

St. Fiat
    THE TIME FOR QUESTIONS
    HAS PASSED

BG Level

When they're going to add more (VIABLE) endgame exp zones?

When are they going to fix Meditate? (constantly stops at 80% for me with both AF enhancements, sometimes stops even lower)

Do they have any plans to nerf monk melee? If so, please ask why after punching him in the nose.

Why all these talk about nerfing other jobs....you know you can enter your mog house and change your job to the "over-powered" job, and level it yourself....

But seriously

Green Porters....WHY?

Quote Originally Posted by Alleya

When are they going to fix Meditate? (constantly stops at 80% for me with both AF enhancements, sometimes stops even lower)

Do they have any plans to nerf monk melee? If so, please ask why after punching him in the nose.
    Monk does crap on anything IT++ for melee damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Sekkite

All melee, and ranger since the rng nerf, does crap on anything IT++ for melee damage.
    Fix'd

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    Quote Originally Posted by Sekkite

All melee, and ranger since the rng nerf, does crap on anything IT++ for melee damage.
    Fix'd
    Monk just does extra crappy on IT++ compared to other melee.

funny, when working my way up in my static, I was outdamaged by my drk and rng on it+++ (we had a brd, but still)...chain 5's ranging from 350 to 400+, and hte only damage I had to do was burst a 'ga and erase the drk.

Maybe the real question you should be asking is when will there be IT+++ xp mobs at 70+ for the jobs that can't effectively chain VT/low IT (blms, drks, plds)...people complain about manaburn, but really, what am I supposed to do, settle for 3k/hour with a pld/drg/thf setup? Hell, I've been so desperate at times that I willingly main healed weapons parties.

The real problem is, you cannot function as an xp party past 50 without support from either a rdm or a brd. SE has to find a way that allows parties to function without support from those two classes, because it's obvious that only a small portion of the populace is willing to play said classes. Everyone jokes about how you can level brd to 75 in 10 minutes, and everyone knows a former melee that leveled brd or rdm just to get in/be useful to a hnmls...yet both jobs are still in relatively short supply (brd moreso that rdm...because rdm can still kill stuff and solo). Either make the two classes more interesting to play, or provide for ways to xp without them (and no, juice is not the answer).

Would it be so difficult to make someone able to redo a quest and choose a reward over again, assuming they dont already have a reward item in their inventory? Specifically, "erase memory" (as done in the AF quests) for quests like Divine Might or the last BC in CoP or something, and after tossing your previous reward, be able to choose a new one.

Banned.

BG Level

Will BLMs get Warpga? lol

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by edgarfigaro
    The real problem is, you cannot function as an xp party past 50 without support from either a rdm or a brd. SE has to find a way that allows parties to function without support from those two classes, because it's obvious that only a small portion of the populace is willing to play said classes. Everyone jokes about how you can level brd to 75 in 10 minutes, and everyone knows a former melee that leveled brd or rdm just to get in/be useful to a hnmls...yet both jobs are still in relatively short supply (brd moreso that rdm...because rdm can still kill stuff and solo). Either make the two classes more interesting to play, or provide for ways to xp without them (and no, juice is not the answer).
    Yesterday @ sky, lvl early 60's pt on the flamingos getting chain 4/5

BLM BLM WHM NIN THF SAM

no brd or rdm! They didnt use yag drinks either.

Bards/RDM speed things up, but arent necessities. Think of them as steroids, without the testicular shrinkage.

Why do hits from melee weapons give the mob so much TP?

Example: Mr THF is meleeing random HNM. Mr THF can't hit for more then 0. Mr THF is gaining 0TP but giving the mob 7? 10? TP per swing that lands for 0.

Shouldn't it be proportional to damage dealt, or atleast lowered? Oh, and subtle blow is useless.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Orfeo
    Shouldn't it be proportional to damage dealt, or atleast lowered? Oh, and subtle blow is useless.
    I beg to differ. It allows us to do this [Subtle blow] [job].

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Orfeo
    Why do hits from melee weapons give the mob so much TP?

Example: Mr THF is meleeing random HNM. Mr THF can't hit for more then 0. Mr THF is gaining 0TP but giving the mob 7? 10? TP per swing that lands for 0.

I thought hits for 0 didn't give mobs TP D:

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast