Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Next Big Kills Interview - SE's Matt Hilton

Matt has agreed to do an interview with us... not sure when it's going to be ready, but this will be the next one coming... keep an eye out, and i'll post here with more details.

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Developer?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Matt is the OCR Representative at SE... which really means that he travels with Sage Sundi, Yasu kurosawa, and others to all the events. He is one of the guys on the panel that answer questions.

Some say that he is more in the loop on development then the other 2, this is because he tests and plays all new stuff on developer's test server.

Hoping that some new light can be shed on Sea.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

This should be intresting.

I forsee more question dodging and half answers.

Lets wait and see what kind of answers we get.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

ask if theyre gonna raise the level cap...
    tougher and higher level mobs = either you need more people or your people need to be stronger =\

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

post your questions, i'll see if i can have matt read through this thread and pick a few questions to answer. going to try to make this interactive.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Doesn't have to be a cap raise - new spells and Blood Pacts, like the ones strongly hinted at in the Q&A, would probably help with monsters like Absolute Virtue, too.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Oooh finally a interview with SE's dev team.

This should be interesting. More Dynamis Questions prz

ask them if they plan on adding more zones to spice things up, share AF's , put new zones, ggogogog

My question for the moment: Will you ever balance dragoon, dark knight, and thief compared to the other damage dealing jobs at level 75?

Another question could be: Will you ever balance two handed weapons versus dual wielded one handed weapons?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by rooster
    post your questions, i'll see if i can have matt read through this thread and pick a few questions to answer. going to try to make this interactive.
    Why give Red Mages an A+ enfeebling skill when sky gods are neigh resistant to all of them, and Jailers and a lot of other CoP HNMs are utterly impervious to all but one or two? (Yes, I'm disgruntled.)

Follow up question, what if anything does Square plan on implementing to keep Red Mages from spiraling into a pit of insanity due to prolonged Refresh cycles? (Seriously, would +Refresh duration gear kill someone?)

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

this was brought up in the possible questions to be asked to sage, the green teleports in sky. What is there function?

AF2+1 (Do you have it?)

all im really curious about right now. my instant gut reaction questions of course would be "when are you fixing the game from having all these fucking gay gilseller dicks camping literally any source of money for realistic players to get" - - - but they'd say something like "the legal team is working hard on ways to fix it" - which they arnt.

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    Quote Originally Posted by rooster
    Why give Red Mages an A+ enfeebling skill when sky gods are neigh resistant to all of them, and Jailers and a lot of other CoP HNMs are utterly impervious to all but one or two? (Yes, I'm disgruntled.)

Follow up question, what if anything does Square plan on implementing to keep Red Mages from spiraling into a pit of insanity due to prolonged Refresh cycles? (Seriously, would +Refresh duration gear kill someone?)
    how about a comment to follow-up to first question, and possibly branch it out to job balancing:

Why can bards silence / debuff basically everything that RDM's have insane trouble with.
    I stuck slow on Jailer of Hope (twice) on the weekend as brd/whm but the rdm's gave up after our first fight with it.
    Also a general comment on this - I'm not sure if i've seen a rdm - with max enfeebling (Discordian) - land a single debuff on an outside jailer. I could be wrong. I, as a bard, do not have max singing/wind/string and land elegy 99% and threnody like 40%. That's really imbalanced.

This was briefly touched upon in the interview with Sage, but it'd be nice to get a real reply.

Edit: is the invisible status on Jailer of Prudence a bug or the mobs defence. I think the latter but the fact it doesn't always dissapear leans toward it being a bug.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Cool, hope he can answer some things about sea, like why after 6 hours of camping a Ix'Aern he finally pops and drops nothing for one.
    Also I'd like to know why melee are so useless endgame compared to mages.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Have some real life pictures of women who play FFXI ready and you'll get even more answers!

Quote Originally Posted by Fira
    Also I'd like to know why melee are so useless endgame compared to mages.
    DON'T ask that question. Then they'll say,, "Hmm.. Yea we really should nerf the mages." instead of the correct response, which is "Hmm.. Yea we really should make melees more powerful."

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

1) make sea drops 100%
    2) make the god damn jobs in the game BALANCED (malee more useful and do something for drg and thf who arent welcome in end game at all unless they have friends ._.)
    3) why dont you make more end game things?
    :\
    course he prolly aint gonna answer this cuz the thread is gonna be like 500 pages long

why does everyone talk so bad about thieves? 2 best melee in the game - samurai and thief.

light light light
    light light light
    light light light

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast