+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gundam Seed Destiny     submit to reddit submit to twitter

There are false prophets among us,
    who bring in damnable heresies,
    and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ner'zhul

Gundam Seed Destiny

I finally got around to finishing this series up, and tbh I'm pretty dissapointed.

The overall feel of the anime felt rushed and terribly crafted. There seemed to be way too much flashback and certain situations not explained enough(a la the Meu/Rau flashback and Talia's son and relation to the Chancelor).

Not to mention the fact Shinn went from good guy to bad guy every other episode, and Kira eventually stole his slot as the main character.

I love the CE universe, but IMO Seed was much better than its sequel. I wish the sequel to such a great era and characters could have been done better.

Anyone else have opinions on this?

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

series would have been better with more Shinn dying but I enjoyed it

Sea Torques
    BG Level

gundam is gay

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

The whole thing cattered to poll results to sell more toys. That's basically it.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

It started off kinda well i thought and was going good but the ending really sucked, they rushed it way too much

Like you said, the original seed was much better

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rui Seiken
    FFXIV Server
    Jenova
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Old Merits
    BG Level

This series started out decent, and then descended into suck. Some of the fights were nice, but there was waaaaaay too much stock footage. Really sad when the artists can't even come up with new stuff for the last two episodes, just the same old crap with a different Gundam/grunt photoshopped in.

Then I went and re-watched G Gundam and found inner peace in wacky super robots.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

i liked seed+destiny, but fukuda ran out of time to develop what seems to be both storylines. especially the endings.

at least all of the nonsensical parts of the storyline give us something laugh about.

if you're bored and enjoyed seed/destiny, there's some good blogs for your entertainment. if you like the cosmic universe go check them out

ex.

"I’m fairly convinced that ORB is the US of Cosmic Era. The ruler is an idiot everyone seems to hate. They build poor quality cars and inferior style electronics. The education system must have failed miserably since the nation mainly consists of wimps and morons."

the ctrl+alt+del comment made me crack up for about 5mins nonstop for some reason x.x

even tho a lot of shit didnt make sense i'll still watch the ova in february and the next seed if they make one. thank god fukuda didnt kill off luna

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Parshias
    This series started out decent, and then descended into suck. Some of the fights were nice, but there was waaaaaay too much stock footage. Really sad when the artists can't even come up with new stuff for the last two episodes, just the same old crap with a different Gundam/grunt photoshopped in.

Then I went and re-watched G Gundam and found inner peace in wacky super robots.
    One of my favorite series for some reason.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

They didn't run out of time to finish the series, they ran out of friggin ideas and filled the better part of the last episodes with more flashbacks and character development that could have been done 20-30 episodes earlier, and more godmode aimbot destroy half an army with one blast Kira. This sequel was a MAJOR disappointment for me at least since GS was awesome.

Black Belt
    BG Level

i watched this recently too (with Gundam SEED back to back, during 3 King camps). i really liked SEED and Destiny started off pretty well too but degraded into crap after Stella dies.

i think the whole Core Splendor - Impulse concept is retarded, why the hell doesn't it launch as Impulse. launching as multiple parts just gives people time to mess it up before it can even combine.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil
    i think the whole Core Splendor - Impulse concept is retarded, why the hell doesn't it launch as Impulse. launching as multiple parts just gives people time to mess it up before it can even combine.
    It's so that they can fill 20-30 seconds or whatever it takes off the show with stock footage and a different backdrop to fit the scene. Lazy animators.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Out of the different Gundam series I have watched, Gundam W is the only one that did not make me want to gouge my eyes out, poke out my eardrums, douse myself in gasoline, set myself on fire, and jump off a bridge.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Really? Wing made me want to do just that.... I think Relina takes the cake as worst anime character of all time, I can't stand watching that series because of her.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Vecan
    Really? Wing made me want to do just that.... I think Relina takes the cake as worst anime character of all time, I can't stand watching that series because of her.
    Saying that Gundam Wing is the best Gundam series is like saying that advanced melanoma is the best inoperable cancer that you can get. It is still horrible.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    Quote Originally Posted by Vecan
    Saying that Gundam Wing is the best Gundam series is like saying that advanced melanoma is the best inoperable cancer that you can get. It is still horrible.
    It was not that bad...lol.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

yea, it'd make more sense if the enemy, expecting impulse to form together, went and blasted the different parts while it was assembling. but no, obviously we can't have that happen.

flashbacks are pretty annoying. i wish they'd do away with the flashbacks during "story progression" and only make 1 or 2 ep of recap instead of 4 recap episodes and a ton of flashbacks during "story progression".

i do hope they make a 3rd, but i also hope fukuda gets his head out of his ass

Old Merits
    BG Level

Try to find Victory Gundam, then. It uses the same "core fighter with body and leg parts combine" motif, but the parts actually get shot down when they're in mid-fight, its not some magical system who's only purpose is to suck up 30 seconds of air time.

Gundam sucks =\ I don't see why people like it so much (I can see a fanbase, but not such a large one).