Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Need advise with ffxi graphics config

I need some advice regarding the best resolution possible on ffxi that doesn't look too fuzzy or zigzagy, but at the same time looking very neat.

I am on a PCI Express 3.6Ghz with 2 Gigabyte Ram and a Geforce 7800GTX256MB DDRIII, 22' LG CRT monitor.

What are the best graphic settings I can get out of ffxi with a PC like that?

Thanks

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

you're wasting your money because the PC version is just a sad emulated version of the Ps2.

If you want better graphics, then what you need to do is wait for the xbox360 version.

FF11 is all about what kind of processor you have and the bottle kneck will always be that unless they completely re-write the engine. Something they will not do anytime soon because they still choose to support the ps2.

Until that time comes, you can have the fastest video card in the market with a kick ass top of the line CPU and your FPS is still gonna dip to 15 and under when you're doing dynamis no matter what.

If you're running ff11 and don't have a problem with it, are able to use the resolution hack (changes the registry to allow the backround to go over 1024) and you want better then that, then i'm sorry to say that it will look the same with a 100 dollar video card as it will on a 350 dollar vid card :\

Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong, there was a thread about this in some other forum (forgot which)

i think hes just bragging.....

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coffee Time
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Now that your e-penis is a fully erect 2 inches, you wasted $1500 (atleast) for a game thats based off of a 6 year old graphics chip; which will never be able to produce graphics of high enough caliber to today's top graphics games. Playing the game on a MX4000 will net you the same graphics as running on 2 7800 GTX's in SLI.

Re: Need advise with ffxi graphics config

Quote Originally Posted by Balduran
    my e-penis is |------------------------------------------------------------------------------this------------------------------------------------------------------------------| big

Thanks
    fix'd

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

you all are jerks and mean. you should stop cutting down other people and start being fucking nice to each other. maybe one of you could have actually given him a real answer instead of talking about e-penis and wasting money.

killerc4

The faster CPU you have the better frame rate you'll get in ffxi, since it is just a horrible ps2 emulation. It barely touches your GPU at all, and doesn't use much ram either.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by killerc4
    The faster CPU you have the better frame rate you'll get in ffxi, since it is just a horrible ps2 emulation. It barely touches your GPU at all, and doesn't use much ram either.
    See? A real answer isn't that hard. I hope you all learned from this.

Quote Originally Posted by Coco
    Is Coco the forum mom now?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Shaoshen
    If she keeps drawing hot Mithras she can be whatever she likes.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shaoshen
    Coco is having a very very rough couple of days and doesn't feel like dealing with immature shit, so yes, if you want to call me that. Now go sit in the corner or something. o.O

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

you all are jerks and mean. you should stop cutting down other people and start being fucking nice to each other. maybe one of you could have actually given him a real answer instead of talking about e-penis and wasting money.
    lool no offense but don't waste your breath. BG forums has been like this for a long long time, 1 person's word isn't gonna change the way they behave :D

P.S : <3 your drawings

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gilmaster
    lool no offense but don't waste your breath. BG forums has been like this for a long long time, 1 person's word isn't gonna change the way they behave :D

P.S : <3 your drawings
    This would be a good time to quote that story about the dude and the starfishes, but quite frankly I don't fucking feel like it. So instead I give you this.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...idthere0kd.jpg

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Re: Need advise with ffxi graphics config

Quote Originally Posted by Balduran
    I need some advice regarding the best resolution possible on ffxi that doesn't look too fuzzy or zigzagy, but at the same time looking very neat.

I am on a PCI Express 3.6Ghz with 2 Gigabyte Ram and a Geforce 7800GTX256MB DDRIII, 22' LG CRT monitor.

Thanks
    I have similar-ish hardware and use a dual-monitor setup. I use it to dual-window at 1280x1024 just fine. As implied above there's no real reason to use good hardware for this game, it's just too blah... However I will say at max settings at 1600x1200 I still think it's pretty nice looking.

*not posted for epenis reasons*

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

so my answer was not a real one? I was telling him the truth.

Coco is having a very very rough couple of days and doesn't feel like dealing with immature shit, so yes, if you want to call me that. Now go sit in the corner or something. o.O

just coz you got PMS does not give you the right to bitch as us!!!

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PlayOnlineUS\SquareEnix\FinalFantasyXI]
    "bFirst"=hex:00
    "0003"=dword:00000600
    "0004"=dword:00000600
    copy that into a text file and rename it something.reg
    doing that will auto adjust your textures in FFXI to 1536 instead of the normal 1024x1024 limitation, there is a 2048x2048 version but I dont know where it is
    you should be able to run at any resolution you care at that level with those textures, windowed or not, though I hear sans windower runs faster

there is also another entry you can do to force AF or AA or something, Janice knows, I cant remember. It blurred some graphics a little bit but removed all jaggies I can recall

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/862...rd010zl9no.png
    an example of how much better you can make the game look, right is default left is high res

high res super 360 extension money shot ftw
    http://www.sonomaa.com/highres/clipboard017to.jpg
    (one of my wallpapers for various reasons)

http://www.sonomaa.com/highres/1536.reg
    shortcut to the reg file, I found it

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zigma
    I do not have PMS. Don't assume things.

Thanks for the helpfull replies.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Coco is having a very very rough couple of days and doesn't feel like dealing with immature shit,

;_; work related stress then?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Coco is having a very very rough couple of days and doesn't feel like dealing with immature shit,

;_; work related stress then?

2048 is just

"0003"=dword:00000800
    "0004"=dword:00000800

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast