Thread: Mercurial Kris     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Drenden

Mercurial Kris

Has anyone seen one yet on Bahamut? An AH history? Bazaars?

I've been reading and researching but the "quest" to even run the chance of obtaining one seems very complicated, confusing - and involves fishing (/shudder).

Can anyone help shed some light on this please?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

fish up marlin, trade to npc in selbina, get rare/ex pirate map, trade to ??? on beach in valk, kill crab seamonk sahgain nm with lv20cap 3member

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Fira
    fish up 60 marlin, trade to all npc in selbina, hope to get rare/ex pirate map, trade to ??? on beach in valk, kill crab seamonk sahgain nm with lv20cap 3memberand hope it drops
    fixt

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Drenden

Thank you - I swear to God Fira after reading over 10 forums trying to say the same thing you just summed it up in one sentence

The only thing I'm left wondering, and unable to check while at work, is that Allakhazam lists the Marlin fish as sold by an npc on the ship to Mhura for 2,000 gil each.

Pretty cheap, since everyone is saying they're upwards of 10K each, and that means 100K on Bahamut.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Guild prices are now 5x if they get bought alot, so if you're lucky enough to see it on sale it'll be for 9k or so anyway. I've gotton a fkton of tells for this and all I gotta say is: You gotta be one lucky sob to get this.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Saw one in a bazaar on Siren for 50m yesterday. wtfroolfes is this thing?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mio Hime
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

ive been interested in this too, i'd kind of like to see a thorough guide though.

Speaking of rare items added in patch few/none have obtained...

Has anyone ever seen or heard of someone having a Parade Gorget?

It adds +10 MP and has a latent effect refresh for PLDs and DRKs. Yes I know Somepage says it adds regen, but the actual .DAT files say it's refresh.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Someone on Bahamut was selling one for 30M Jeuno shout style, can't remember name.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrios

It adds +10 MP and has a latent effect refresh for PLDs and DRKs. Yes I know Somepage says it adds regen, but the actual .DAT files say it's refresh.
    I think this drops off one of those crazy ass Goblin NMs in Newton Odovoplous(sp?). Don't hold me to that though.

Demetrios wrote:

I think this drops off one of those crazy ass Goblin NMs in Newton Odovoplous(sp?). Don't hold me to that though.

Naah that's Pachamac's Collar, which is +1mp/hp while resting. Lottery off of the Mobling Swordsman running around the perimeter. Parade Gorget... Ive never heard of.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Drenden

Fira hit it, but I'm going to elaborate for anyone interested. I've done some bit of research both last night and this morning in lieu of work. There were some inquiries, and not all spoke up, so here goes.

The dagger in question is;

Mercurial Kris
    Lv. 50 WAR, THF, PLD, DRK, BRD, RNG, SAM, NIN, DRG
    DMG:8 Delay:192
    Occasionally attacks 2 to 3 times

(may the debate about low damage, many hits begin. Bear in mind that Thief has the innate job trait of Subtle Blow, and when off handed, the low attack this weapon bears will be less significant)

Ok, so how it's obtained (quite sure, by all accounts)

You have to complete the 4 prerequisite (sp) quests in Selbina (one requires you to be at least level 11 Fishing to complete), to be on the quest "Inside the Belly", where you deliver a fish to an NPC in exchange for 110 gil -- or the chance, very rare albeit, at an item. It's apparently a very low rate. Remember, you only need to be level 11 Fishing to complete the pre-requisite quests for "Inside The Belly". After that, the fish he asks for are are level 60 Fishing (comfortably), but can be purchased from the AH or vendors.

One of these items that you want are the Mercurial Sword (PLD/WAR?) - Randomly attacks 2-3 times and sells for 2 million+ on other servers. The other item you may recieve is a rare/ex Treasure Map (or something very similiar in name, same effect). This is the pop item for the Dagger BCNM. There is a new ??? at white sands in the Dunes.

** (At this point in the quest, take what I say with a grain of salt, I'm not entirely sure, but am 90% sure I've understand the threads) **

If you trade this Treasure Map (name may vary again) you and two others will enter a BCNM, level capped at 20, versus three monsters. All three will use Hundred Fists. If you win, a coffer will pop as usual, and could give you this dagger.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Thief has the innate job trait of Subtle Blow
    lol no

I think he means with NIN sub, as he stated the dagger for use in offhand. So, he does'nt need to say "with ninja subjob" as it should be understood.

Hm. I'd like to try this out sometime. Does everyone entering the BCNM need the map?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

That would be an OK en-spell dagger if RDM could equip it. Even if the 2 - 3 attack rate is as frequent as a Ridill, the damage is so low that I am not entirely sure that it will be worth the TP given to the mob. (Compare to a Platoon Dagger, level 20 DMG: 8, DLY: 150.)

If RDM could equip it, it would go very well off-hand with a Joyeuse or Misericorde in main for weapon skills, but 8 damage is going to throw out a lot of really sad numbers.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I believe you need to be 28 skill to get Inside the Belly. And alot of other stuff is wrong too.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mio Hime
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Originally posted by Shizznight on allak/Thief Forum:

It is recommended that to fish Bhefel Marlins you have at least lv 40 fishing skill. You are required to have level 30 fishing to even get the Inside the Belly quest so you may as well get it up to 40 if you havent already. I have seen lv ~30 fishermen catch these but they do recieve 'beyond your fishing skill' messages. This is not so much a walkthrough as many details are not yet known about this quest, but most of the info you need you will find here. If something here is incorrect please dont jump my ass about it. I'm just trying to offer insight and help.

OK, there are 4 prerequisite quests you'll need to do before you can attempt to get this Kris. You need to do these quests in the following order:

Under the sea - Talk to Yaya then Oswold in Selbina. He tells you about a fish that swallowed a ring (foreshadowing XD) and its your job to catch it. Fish in selbina with lugworms as bait and eventually you'll catch a Fat Greedie. Take it to Zaldon and he'll gut the fish and give you the ring. Return it to Oswold for your reward.

The Sand Charm - Speak to Blandine in Mhaura. Then speak to Grimr and Zexu. Finally go to the goldsmithing guild salesroom in Mhaura and speak to Celestina. Ride the ferry and pray for pirates. You need to get a rare/ex drop from one of them called a (you guessed it) sand charm. Return it to Celestina and recieve your spiffy map of B. Oubliette(sp?).

The Gift - Oswold asks you to find him a Danceshroom. I had mine already, but I think you can get them from Funguars in O caves.

The Real Gift - Oswold asks for a shall shell this time. He gives you a Glass Fiber Fishing Rod for your trouble.

I think this is the correct order. I have also been told that there are only 3 quests until you can begin the Inside the Belly quest, but these are the 4 I did. The only quest I'm really unsure of the ordering is The Sand Charm quest.

After these quests are complete you can now turn in fish to Zaldon for Inside the Belly. He will gut the fish for you and give you an item if he finds one and a certain amount of gil regardless(usually less than you can get from NPC). The Bhefel Marlin(caps @ lv 61) is the fish you need to trade him (fished on the ferry using a large fish rod and slices of bluetail) to get either of the two rare/ex items. You can recieve a Pirate's chart(used at a ??? on Whitebone Beach) or a Brigand's chart (used at Khoonta Beach in Bubu Peninsula).

Here's where its kinda fuzzy, I havent been able to get my LS together on this one so I have limited info... this may or may not be 100% correct, but its a start. The Pirates chart is the one you need for the Kris. It is a 3 person lv 20 cap battle. Trade the chart to the ??? and start fishing. After a short time 3 NM will pop (Crab, Sahagin and Sea monk types) and they all use Hundred Fists 2hr. While you are fishing you will usually fish up a snare which I believe will lower the atk power of the NM you use it on. Once the mobs are defeated (possibly just one) you will recieve an Armoury crate similar to BCNM battles.

The Brigand's chart used in Bubu Penninsula is a lv 20 capped solo. Trade the chart to the ???. This time you actually fish up the chests, no NMs will appear but it is possible to fish up mobs. There is still debate on if the chests disappear automatically when the time expires.

These quests grant the Albatross and Penguin rings which increase stamina and your ability to tire fish(respectively). Thats all I have for now, but hopefully soon I'll get someone to go try these again and have more info for you.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Drenden

I tried to emphasize that I was not stating anything as 100% fact, more like, that I collected bits and pieces Kuno ^^

And as mentioned, I'd assumed /nin for the thief.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Chests go away at Buburimu if time runs out. I know firsthand. Theres 2 snares you can get at Valk, one prevents its 2hr the other makes all hits do 1 dmg on the mob. You can only get a chest when all the mobs die at valk, and theres a 100% treasure 'spot' for a weapon like a bcmn, although its usually something crappy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast