Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

How would you get rid of MPK.

For those of you who weren't in Texas for the event, there was mention that a post would go up asking how people would want things changed in the game to help remove MPK. There are of course some very obvious answers but people always surprise me with some completely eccentric answers that I never would have thought of but sometimes make incredible sense.

Anyways if you would like to contribute the post can be found here. As members of the HNM community, people here should probably have the largest opinion on how it impacts the game.

If you can take the time to sign up and post, your idea may have a significant effect on the direction the developers take to fix this problem. I am also looking from a personal standpoint to possibly get more of these questions on a regular basis that would go straight to the devs but if this one flops that idea will die with that post. So please post your ideas, I know signing up is a pain and I hate making people do it but it's of benefit to the community which is important.

Pass the info on to your friends, stratics might be smaller now but I really aspire to make it into something bigger but I do need people's help to get things in motion.

do it like wow. Aggrod mobs return to spawn point before reaggroing

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by tiberion02

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Yes. Still can't think of a good reason for this NOT to be implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    Yes. Still can't think of a good reason for this NOT to be implemented.
    Becuase it'd be a bit too blatent with copying WoW.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Aslong as they refill HP on the way back, I'm happy with it (if the mob took some damage or whatever).

Otherwise, if they dont recover HP, this implement will ruin the BST job. Think of all the aggro pets we release as we are xp'ing, sometimes for farming, etc. If they dont refill HP on the way back, then BST as a job is finished. Unless you choose to invite us to xp, which you never do.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Because you can use it to exploit on HNM systems like Jourmungand, have a small pulling team round up the mobs and repeatedly zone them when they get too close to the alliance.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tawnie Tarutaru
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

There is a huge thread on Allakaz also. I gave up reading after page 1.

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.html?f ... 4825;num=1

That is the obvious solution, but it removes a degree of realism from the game. EQII also did this before WOW did and SE basically said they didn't want to copy this idea completely, I think they want to maintain some small sense of realism while making it much harder to MPK. Not that I don't disagree with this idea as it would have been the first thing I suggested aswell.

Anyways I need to stress that people really don't post their suggestions here as I won't be reading this thread like crazy or copying ideas over for people. I know it's a lot simpler to post them here but if it would all get put into one thread it's easier for whoever from SE has to read it.

So if you really want your opinion noted, please take the time to sign up. Who knows maybe if the idea is so unique they might even credit you for it.

Edit: Ah it's on AK too, cool. well most likely if it gets too crazy they might skip some pages too so that's one benefit of going to us I suppose. But wherever you post AK or Stratics it's just good that your posting.

WoW has it so that the mobs rush back to their spawn areas very fast.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrah
    So if you really want your opinion noted, please take the time to sign up. Who knows maybe if the idea is so unique they might even credit you for it.
    Nah, read SE's "Suggestions" area. When you submit a suggestion to SE, it becomes theirs.

It's stupid, but you're agreeing to their terms ;P

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Could be used for any fight that takes place with agro mobs, zone the mobs and fight whatever you want.

Why not have mobs that agro despawn and reappear at their spawn location if they are far away and with no one to fight.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Janice
    Could be used for any fight that takes place with agro mobs, zone the mobs and fight whatever you want.

Why not have mobs that agro despawn and reappear at their spawn location if they are far away and with no one to fight.
    Would piss off alot of BST

I sure wouldnt want my pet popping on the other side of the zone after dragging it all the way to where I currently am.

SE needs to stop it with trying to keep some of the aspects of relism in. Realism takes a lot of fun out of the game.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by MisterBob
    Because you can use it to exploit on HNM systems like Jourmungand, have a small pulling team round up the mobs and repeatedly zone them when they get too close to the alliance.
    lol... this is the strat we used on our first kill '.')b

In response to a later post, yes they can still *run* back to their spawn if they want, they don't have to do mob-walking-speed. Either way, it straightens some shit up.

It's stupid, but you're agreeing to their terms ;P
    I do agree it's stupid, some people would be encouraged to post more for credit. All they would have to do is mention the name and say thanks, people eat that stuff up. Oh well.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by MisterBob
    You can do that now, train all of the snolls to the Bearclaw Pinnicale zone and run in and out re sleeping them. It sucks ass and is more trouble than it is worth. (It is so much easier to just blow them up as they spawn.)

The point of the system that has the mobs not aggro until they get back to their spawn point or patrol areas is that they have to do it quickly so there is no benefit to training them. The mobs could depop and repop at their spawn points when every person who has hate dies/logs/zones, that would be even less of a benefit to training them away.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Everytime you train a mob, that mob has a %50 chance of sneaking into your moghouse and killing you as you switch jobs.

Oh, and I have a crazy idea, BAN THE FUCKERS WHO CONSTANTLY TRY TO MPK PEOPLE. I know it sounds crazy.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Everytime you train a mob, that mob has a %50 chance of sneaking into your moghouse and killing you as you switch jobs.
    Better yet, 50% chance of sneaking into your Mog House and killing your Moogle. Poor Mog, on the floor drowning in a pool of his own blood because someone thought it would be funny to pull a Solder Crawler to the Crawler's Nest entrance...

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    Better yet, 50% chance of sneaking into your Mog House and killing your Moogle. Poor Mog, on the floor drowning in a pool of his own blood because someone thought it would be funny to pull a Solder Crawler to the Crawler's Nest entrance...
    Or better yet, a moogle head in your bed.