+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: war/nin or mnk?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

war/nin or mnk?

First off I'm not trying to start a big war over which job is better... please hear me out. I'm currently a 75 drg, lvld it cuz it was fun as hell and I don't regret any of it. Buit now I've been 75 for awhile and I want to benefit my LS a little more, we killed vrtra last night and I wish I could do something more for them because they've given so much to me <3

So, I don't really like mage jobs. My LS is pretty good, (DistantBeliefs on Kujata) except we have hopes to do some DL/Xarc farming in the near future :D and I would like to be the job that contributes most to:
    1) Dynamis
    2) King wyrms
    3) Other various raids

In that order. Money is no object for me, so please I would like to hear things from both sides. War/nin next or mnk?

thank you ^^ and please for gods sake DO NOT turn this into some job bashing thread :/

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Re: war/nin or mnk?

Quote Originally Posted by ertyu
    First off I'm not trying to start a big war over which job is better... please hear me out. I'm currently a 75 drg, lvld it cuz it was fun as hell and I don't regret any of it. Buit now I've been 75 for awhile and I want to benefit my LS a little more, we killed vrtra last night and I wish I could do something more for them because they've given so much to me <3

So, I don't really like mage jobs. My LS is pretty good, (DistantBeliefs on Kujata) except we have hopes to do some DL/Xarc farming in the near future :D and I would like to be the job that contributes most to:
    1) Dynamis
    2) King wyrms
    3) Other various raids

In that order. Money is no object for me, so please I would like to hear things from both sides. War/nin next or mnk?

thank you ^^ and please for gods sake DO NOT turn this into some job bashing thread :/
    Both are really good.. Just take both up a little at a time and see which one you really enjoy the most.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

MNK AND I HAVE NO REASONS TO BACK UP MY BIASED, STUPID OPINION!

mnk

E. Body
    BG Level

The only thing which stops me from levelling monk is the fact that I have to camp the brown belt items to complete the quest in order to unlock the black belt quest. THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL AM I CAMPING THOSE NMs!

So I'm going to level WAR/NIN instead.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Personal preference. Each has it's strengths and drawbacks. Both are very very powerful melee jobs, each with a different "extra". War/nin also can tank, and tank well. Mnk can be a chi blast machine on some (most?) HNMs.

I'd probably take a look at the makeup of my LS when deciding something like this, especially if you're doing it mainly for their benefit. Short on tanks? War/nin all the way. Little light on the non-melee damage side? Mnk ftw.

You can also do KSNM's for the Brown Belt items. Our LS does this in order to obtain the vines from the Malboro, for example, because its much easier to do KS30 for some cash and a decent chance at drop than camp an overcamped 24 hour spawn (or both to increase chances)

WAR/NIN will do great dmg; /thf also provides a lot of alternatives. MNK however is really great as well... They're both powerhouses provided you can obtain good equip and know what the heck you're doing. I'd say choose one that you think looks coolest and / or enjoy playing? There is no clear-cut 100% advantage of one or the other or you wouldn't see both in endgame

E. Body
    BG Level

True but I'd rather do KS99s instead.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I'm doing mnk as my 4th 75 job, love it so far, beating things up is always fun, but running out of inv space >.> might not have the room to level warrior, might have to sam instead afterwards.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

well we have like... 5 or 6 MNK full time and we have 0 full time WAR ; ; we have some but they usually go as other jobs. so I was kinda leaning towards WAR to begin with, I've never done dyna-xarc so I just didn't wanna lvl war to 75 then find out they cant dink DL

Sea Torques
    BG Level

tons of people are levling war now - i'd personally go with monk =D

Both.

wait... you just asked that question.... on THIS forum? lol.

So funny anecdote (you can have this):

I went to log off at ordelles b4 maintenance, like what? 30 mins befre it started, it was like a 2hr or something, so as I get in the pop spot, BOOM, morbolger, in front of me!~ (Chi Blast)! wooo i got it, and then when i kill it, i see like 10 ppl around me, im like LOL. :D

i decide to go check on gay dodo, and guess what? it was up! killed and got drop, thats 2/2 ! then go to log off at nue and effin maintenance starts. then after i log on i get a tele and go to nue, after 20 mins camping, he pops, woooo i get again, no drop though. took me then 4 kills to get the drop from the mofo >.>

so anywayz, i play mnk and is a lot of fun, i do hate boosting so i miss chi blast cuz a retard didnt invite me, but I'd go warrior :D just cuz its really interesting and you can get an adaman hauberk >.>

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

From what you've specified it sounds like you'll benefit more from leveling Warrior than Monk. I, personally, only use Warrior for EXP when I can't be bothered for Ranps Tomb because I loath Ninja in anything but 4x NIN 2x BRD weapon parties. Monk can do it's fair share of tanking too while dealing stupid amounts of damage. I've countertanked Ose and Aquarius on Monk and many other smaller NM's because sometimes I'm totally sick of blink tanking and just want to kick back.

Rambled but yeah, level Warrior.

I'm levelling monk right now and its nice. Out damaging all other jobs at the moment. My gear is great except for the lack of voyager's sallet and the lack of Scorpion Harness(I'm 6 mil short on that). But really, having great gear in just about every other slot more then makes up for it damage wise. Both monk and warrior are fun jobs, and I'm gonna be levelling warrior after I finish with monk.

Well, for the two things you listed I would probably go with WAR, and also considering your linkshell has 0 fulltime WAR's.

WAR can tank wyrms very effectively and is arguably the best wyrm tank, and is a very good DD or tank in dynamis. MNK is a good DD on wyrms with chi blast, and also a good DD in dynamis.

The only real difference is warrior is much more versatile, with an equipment swap macro or two you can go from tanking like a PLD to DDing like a pre-nerf RNG.

lol oh how I love steel cyclone.

I really need to start parsing shit and come up with a definate answer of whats better, gaxe or axe (end game that is)

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Epical
    Any other questions while you're here?
    So, MNK 4tw!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast