+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fishing... It sucks..     submit to reddit submit to twitter

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Fishing... It sucks..

I just want to ask a simple question...

I wanted to get Jubaku Ichi, and the AH didn't have any Damp scrolls, so I went to Sea Serpeant Grotto and started fishing for it (I have Moghancement Fishing which should be good for items, no?). Well after experiencing 17 straight "Your line breaks." I was frustrated. I tried some more to get "You catch nothing" then 13 straight more "Your line breaks"

I went and removed the moghancement. I went back to Sea Serpeant Grotto and tried again another 30 times to have both "You catch nothing" and "Your line breaks." I didn't catch anything. No fish. No items. I have 12 fishing skill which should be enough to catch something. I read posts about the Damp Scroll on Alla and saw people using Composite rod and multiple baits. I used Composite rod and Shrimp Lure, Lugworm, and Insect Paste. Some people mentioned they even had level 1 skill and caught the scroll on the 3rd/4th try...

Has anyone (Fisherman or not) experienced anything like this were "Your line breaks" 60 times and catch nothing? I went back to get more bait and I saw the scroll on the Auction House and got it that way...

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

afaik, rod doesnt have an effect on what you can catch, so much as what you can reel in *ie. w/o shit breaking on you* you were probably reeling in grimmonites, which are a large type fish, and if you pay attn to the text it should say something like 'You hooked a fish *or w/e*!!!' notice the 3x exclamation marks...if you are item fishing, you only want to real in something w/ 1x exclamation mark...for item fishing, try rogue/robber rigs...on a side note i fished in SSG w/lushangs+shrimp lure for a couple days and never got a damp scroll...

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Did you try to wear down the fish?

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    lol, have you fished before? If you don't wear down the Stamina on a fish OR ITEM you'll get a line snap every time.

Check AH in Juneo too. I sell mine there sometimes while selling Grimms. After the cost of your shrimp lures the scroll should be pretty cheap.

Glucian-
    Fairy Server

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    lol, have you fished before? If you don't wear down the Stamina on a fish OR ITEM you'll get a line snap every time.

Check AH in Juneo too. I sell mine there sometimes while selling Grimms. After the cost of your shrimp lures the scroll should be pretty cheap.

Glucian-
    Fairy Server
    Yes Not Kuno, who has 100 fishing, have you fished before?

EDIT- I mean Not Kuno, because that Kuno person is someone completly different...

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It was crazy of me to think when you press enter on a fish w/o weakening the fish, all you get are line snaps. And then connecting the dots to Okan's problem of only getting line snaps. I apologize.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It was crazy of me to think when you press enter on a fish w/o weakening the fish, all you get are line snaps. And then connecting the dots to Okan's problem of only getting line snaps. I apologize.
    This must be something new to the fishing scene because they didn't have "stamina" when I fished about 2 years ago :X

So you have to wear them down now?

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah. Let's stay youre facing the same direction as your char in first person. If you're rod is to the right, press left or go left or whatever device you use. If its left, go right. If its in the middle dont do a damn thing. Get its HP down to death and press enter. Tada! You have to work for fish now!

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah. Let's stay youre facing the same direction as your char in first person. If you're rod is to the right, press left or go left or whatever device you use. If its left, go right. If its in the middle dont do a damn thing. Get its HP down to death and press enter. Tada! You have to work for fish now!
    Oh, thanks. Now it's all clear.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Edited: Oops I'm an idiot, wrong ninjitsu scroll.

SSG still sucks for fishing.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

SSG is one of the few places for end game fishers to make money. Whatchu talkin' bout?

Oops, Never comes out right. I meant my post on fishing to go to the OP with NotKuno's as reinforcement. No offense Kuno ; ;

I should have said:

Ya, NotKuno is right. Stamina depletion is newer to fishing and must be done or you will snap yourline everytime.

Bah, I'm going back to lurking >.>