Item Search

BG-Wiki Search

View Poll Results: What basic change would you like to see in the next patch

Voters
399. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sea Jailer's Drop 100% on pop items.

68 17.04%
  • Sea Jailer's Loot pool to be deeper, like sky.

54 13.53%
  • Ouryu, Vrtra, Jour, and Tiamat Loot pool much more deeper.

61 15.29%
  • Merit point revamp; new skills, new merit caps, and more.

71 17.79%
  • More wyrms or wyrm lvl end game mobs added.

46 11.53%
  • 3 King HQs Pop more frequent than 3-7 days.

79 19.80%
  • Other. (type below)

20 5.01%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Thunder is stronger then Blizzard. Because of that, people do Thunder merits on top if it. With the merits, Blizzard looks like a useless sack of crap compaired to Thunder spells. Plus all that % damage bonus gets some funky numbers on thundersday or hp/mp latent.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    Thunder is stronger then Blizzard. Because of that, people do Thunder merits on top if it. With the merits, Blizzard looks like a useless sack of crap compaired to Thunder spells. Plus all that % damage bonus gets some funky numbers on thundersday or hp/mp latent.
    Well, I'd want actual numbers. If I do xp on aerns, my WS damage with cross reaper varies from 700-1100+(depending if I use a JA or not). Darkness SCs on those vary from 50% to 100% WS damage. So if thunder 4/thundaga 3 does on average 350+ more damage than blizzard 4/blizzaga 3, then it could probably do better overall.

How about "Fix the game you have now, before expanding on it" Oh wait thats not a question. Still...

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sekkite
    Well, I'd want actual numbers. If I do xp on aerns, my WS damage with cross reaper varies from 700-1100+(depending if I use a JA or not). Darkness SCs on those vary from 50% to 100% WS damage. So if thunder 4/thundaga 3 does on average 350+ more damage than blizzard 4/blizzaga 3, then it could probably do better overall.
    I can give you actual examples from Ul'Phuabo (Even Match-Tough)... I have max merits in thunder, 79+38INT MAB+16 HQ staves. The following is without MB:

Thunder IV = 1167 (1093)
    Blizzard IV = 1050

Thundaga III = 1398 (1309)
    Blizzaga III = 1229

Due to the way elemental magic works, these differences will remain relatively the same (INTvsINT comparison and same tier spells affected the same by INT, just base damage changes... when not counting merits). Without the merits, they would be closer of course (probably could subtract 70-80dmg off the thunders).

Personally, I think the BLM(s) you spoke of are quite stubborn. The damage differences are there, but if your WS and SC dmg are consistantly performing as you stated I see no reason they couldn't MB Blizzard instead. It's not as if the skillchains options presented would make someone choose between Thunder and Stone... that I'd probably have issues with. Thunder and Blizzard are the two highest damage sets of spells and both are usable against Aerns.

Edit: Since merits make the relative differences a bit inconsistant, I added in parenthesis the damage it would approximately be with no merits.

Quote Originally Posted by nivlakian
    I can give you actual examples from Ul'Phuabo (Even Match-Tough)... I have max merits in thunder, 79+38INT MAB+16 HQ staves. The following is without MB:

Thunder IV = 1167
    Blizzard IV = 1050

Thundaga III = 1398
    Blizzaga III = 1229

Due to the way elemental magic works, these differences will remain relatively the same (INTvsINT comparison and same tier spells affected the same by INT, just base damage changes... not counting merits). Without the merits, they would be closer of course (probably could subtract 70-80dmg off the thunders).

Personally, I think the BLM(s) you spoke of are quite stubborn. The damage differences are there, but if your WS and SC dmg are consistantly performing as you stated I see no reason they couldn't MB Blizzard instead. It's not as if the skillchains options presented would make someone choose between Thunder and Stone... that I'd probably have issues with. Thunder and Blizzard are the two highest damage sets of spells and both are usable against Aerns.
    Yeah, on aerns at the very least the SC damage should be 50% or so of the WS damage for a darkness SC. Normally cross reaper won't be getting over 1000 damage unless souleater is up and is used right before the WS, or unless I have a bit over 100TP. But if it does get 1000 damage, thats a potential 500-1000 or so damage right there for the skillchain alone.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

all of the choices hold merit, but overall, I'd like to really see the CoP wyrms drop more stuff, or have better drop rates on its goodies. Taking much longer to kill and to respawn vs the Zilart 3, makes them not much of a desire, Tiamat is #1 mainly because he has 1 great mage drop, which isnt barely 50% if less on drop rate. I don't like playing a game where strategy and time dedication is thrown out the window by long respawn times and camping nature of lots of HNM's, then not getting any drop, or good 1 at least. I could say a lot more, but most people here have said some very great things which would make this game much more enjoyable for the ever so increasing # of endgame players.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Another thing not mentioned by Nivlakian is that one good thing Ice Vs Thunder is Ice Staff (Aquilos) has +Elemental Magic. While that's not going to give you more damage, but it'll definitely decrease the amount of resists that you get.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I don't know if these suggestions were suggested for other:

1) Melee/Mage end-game encounter balance (ie. there is no need for 35blm's to take something down)

2) An updated battle system: It is becoming clear that an alliance of 18 is not viable enough for most encounters. A multi-alliance (raid) solution. Though we can see the other alliance's HP etc, we can still engage the same mob. You have this option or the other is to tone shit down.

3) An HNM/loot hierachy: Something like Jeuno > Kings > Wyrms with better loot for all jobs acting as a stepping stone for LS's reducing the amount of bottom feeding required to obtain items such as abj's, ridills, k/a/e. bodies to be also added to ks99's loot tables but still rare (1 in 5?). 99 k.seals is by no means someone can get remotely in a single month, i would imagine...

4) A garunteed multi-job loot table solution: ie on some of the toughest encounters in the game to drop say 4 items. We can easily categorize jobs into 3 (tank/DD/mage) and 1 universal. This type of loot table I expect to come from Absolute Virtue, where an end-game item would drop for each category. Thus satisfying multiple jobs at once and always.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

should also ask them when we get to go here..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v692/cru/unknown.jpg

course i want more end game things to be added, and also more king pops but this place is very interesting also >_>

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Sorry to post this really really late, ones is an idea that I think is important the other is more of a theory.

first) two handed weapons need to be fixed in my mind they are broken, and then it's compounded by the fact that the majority of one handed weapon users are reciving about 15%haste or greater. Truth is you just don't consistantly hit for twice the damege of a one hand weapon, but that need to happen. I'm a war so it's blatently obvious to me being skilled in a weapon of each kind, but the fact of the matter is, my great axe needs to consistantly hit for a little more than my two axe hits combined and it clocks in closer to 75%.
    I think the two ways they could do this would be to either increase the effect that the damage rating on a weapon has(except on weapon skills, it's strong enough there already) now that would be good and dandy, but it would rape theives in the butthole, so my preferred option is to take all 2 hand weapons lvl50 and greater and increase their damage rating by 5 or so and yes I'm dead serious.

second)this is more theory, but perhaps they could give all mobs with a tp regen a slightly stronger tp regen, But make it a static tp gain, by that I mean no amount of mele strikes will give them more tp, this has a possiblity of solving the throw xxx blms at it that the sea monsters magic defence has apperently failed to solve.

Sorry I had read that Matt Hilton post a couple of days ago and after a long thought this is what I came up with, I'm not sure if this is a private board and apologise for intruding

[cross posted w/Matt Hilton thread]

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by XxSlusherxx
    first) two handed weapons need to be fixed in my mind they are broken, and then it's compounded by the fact that the majority of one handed weapon users are reciving about 15%haste or greater. Truth is you just don't consistantly hit for twice the damege of a one hand weapon, but that need to happen. I'm a war so it's blatently obvious to me being skilled in a weapon of each kind, but the fact of the matter is, my great axe needs to consistantly hit for a little more than my two axe hits combined and it clocks in closer to 75%.
    rng use to do that kind of damage per shot, and people cried they were overpowered

Quote Originally Posted by Fira
    rng use to do that kind of damage per shot, and people cried they were overpowered
    Ranged attacks also used to ignore defense.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

I like the idea of the mob taking static tp gain from melee. It's really unfair that if I'm a thf/war in two attacks (takes me about 2s to do two attacks as thf/war) I give the mob MORE tp than one thunder IV spell, which will do nearly 1k more damage. In an NM fight where the tank can hold that hate, why even let melees in? Not only do they do less damage, but they give the mob more tp. It's messed up.

What I'd like to see is an auto-regen merit. Also, merits to hp/mp regeneration when /healing.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I'm surprised no one bothered to ask
    "Give us a little hindsight into how Treasure Hunter works?"

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    I'm surprised no one bothered to ask
    "Give us a little hindsight into how Treasure Hunter works?"
    Because those of us who used to care...don't anymore!

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I've mentioned this else where but is there a way you could ask if some of the loot pools from the 3 kings could be moved. Sure the claiming system is more fair, but the population that is reaching this content is growing at such a rate that the current system just isn't cutting the cheese. I don't want to be abjurations handed to me, i don't mind hard work when it come to fighting, but camping is not work it's a waste of time, everyones time. The 3 kings are really quite a joke, so the hardest part, and of course the most luck based part is claimin'. We've reduced the 3 kings to really really big versions of LL, and VE. Come on please?

first) two handed weapons need to be fixed in my mind they are broken, and then it's compounded by the fact that the majority of one handed weapon users are reciving about 15%haste or greater. Truth is you just don't consistantly hit for twice the damege of a one hand weapon, but that need to happen.
    The haste spell works as a percentage, 15% haste on dual wielded weapons should have the same effect as 15% haste on a 2h weapon.

Also, if you look at the damage rating on weapons and the delay, 2 one handed weapons should be doing as much as or more than a 2h weapon; the combined damage is usually higher, and the combined delay is also usually higher too. If 2 weapons took longer to attack and did less combined damage than a 2h weapon, people would be using 2h weapons alot more.

The real problem is weapons like ridill and joyeuse which increase dot/tp gain by so much, and the lack of uber 2h weapons which are also multi-hit. Maybe Fortitude axe fits the bill, but I think we need a good 2-3 hit 2h weapon that competes better with dual wield solutions.

Ranged attacks also used to ignore defense.
    They didn't ignore defense, there was a damage floor, where barring any -% to physical or ranged attack, you would always do at least your weapon + ammo damage. Also mob level was not taken into account, whereas it seems to be for non-ranged attacks.

The haste spell works as a percentage, 15% haste on dual wielded weapons should have the same effect as 15% haste on a 2h weapon.
    He meant Dual Wield.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Dual wield, while hastening attacks by 15%, also lowers your tp gain per hit. There is a floor of 360 delay, though. Where delay can go lower than that, but you'll still gain 5% tp per strike. Nin's and thf's can do this. War/nin's attack so quickly because of Double Attack and all the bonus' they get for it. Mnk's attack so quickly not only from Martial Arts but they get the best haste gear in the game (the most overpowered item in the game, too)

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by DrObvious
    The real problem is weapons like ridill and joyeuse which increase dot/tp gain by so much, and the lack of uber 2h weapons which are also multi-hit. Maybe Fortitude axe fits the bill, but I think we need a good 2-3 hit 2h weapon that competes better with dual wield solutions.
    um, war/nin using 2x axe didnt need a ridill or joyeuse to out perform GAX.