Item Search

BG-Wiki Search

View Poll Results: What basic change would you like to see in the next patch

Voters
399. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sea Jailer's Drop 100% on pop items.

68 17.04%
  • Sea Jailer's Loot pool to be deeper, like sky.

54 13.53%
  • Ouryu, Vrtra, Jour, and Tiamat Loot pool much more deeper.

61 15.29%
  • Merit point revamp; new skills, new merit caps, and more.

71 17.79%
  • More wyrms or wyrm lvl end game mobs added.

46 11.53%
  • 3 King HQs Pop more frequent than 3-7 days.

79 19.80%
  • Other. (type below)

20 5.01%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Honestly it's pretty hard to decide on one topic to fix... I see no reason why SE shouldn't look into all of those problems. They're all pretty significant in some way, just some more to others.

Overall though a positive change in all of those would help make the game more enjoyable and expand the gameplay, and really there's no reason they shouldn't take some steps to do this with that in mind (if they want to keep people interested).

For example...

Sea Jailers Dropping 100% on pop items
    - As mentioned already, farming triggers in sea for up to a month and sometimes more to get together the virtues needed to pop one of the higher tier NMs only for them not to drop is extremely aggravating. It's been the main cause of several long breaks that our linkshell has taken from sea, because it's just too much sometimes. The trigger NMs themself are much more difficult to pop and get to compaired to sea, and overall just not as fun to fight. This isn't helping expand the gameplay by making people have to kill more jailers, it's making sea less fun and more of a chore. And so far the rewards are hardly worth the struggle.

Sea Jailer's Lot Pool to be Deeper
    It would really be nice if some of the higher level Jailers in Al'Teaiu could drop more items, because as mentioned above, the struggle and time it takes to just pop one of those NMs is not anywhere close to being worth the reward. The Justice Sword is a toy that can't even be made decent use of because of the limited jobs that can equip it, same for the Prudence Club which is easily replaced by other better clubs in the game, and the torques while decent are far from amazing compaired to other available neck slots for most jobs. It would just help make it more worth while and gratifying if they dropped a little more than just 1-3 items, hell even if you just add some synthesis materials or low level abjurations, just something so you could look back on those weeks/months of farming and think "yeah, it really was worth it.."

Ouryu, Vrtra, Tiamat, Jorgy deeper loot pools
    I really don't see how these HNMs are any different from the other kings Nidhogg, KB, and Aspi... Or even Kirin. And yet they drop almost nothing compaired to them. Hell even Fafnir drops better than those four, and people have killed Fafnir in 15 minutes while I've never heard of any of those being killed in under 50 minutes (and most take hours). It takes a large amount of people and a great deal of skill and team work (more than the other HNM kings) to defeat any of them. These are among the toughest mobs in the game, and repop just as often as the other HNM kings, but the reward for killing them is less than most of the others? I just don't see how this makes sense. I can understand not having abjurations drop from them to make them more unique, but really at the same time I think that if they're able to take down such a difficult mob don't they at least deserve more than what often drops? Maybe a really rare chance to drop abjurations, or at least give them a good deal of other equipment to drop, and make it so we don't see "You find a fire crystal on Tiamat" after a long fight. :\

Really don't understand how Fafnir will always be a 100% drop on some good items while something like Tiamat can drop absolutely nothing.

Merit Point Revamp
    Pretty simple, more things to do with merit points would help extend the gameplay and the life of the game. I already have heard of several players that have capped merit points in every catergory, and now PTing has nothing left for them. I think it's safe to assume that wouldn't be a good position to have players in.

More wyrms or wyrm level endgame mobs added
    While difficult, I think this could help a great deal in solve many of the HNM problems in endgame. Lately there's been trouble with having 100+ people in a single area all waiting for KB/Aspi/Nid to pop, and then leading to MPK and other troubles. Last KB I went to it surpassed 150 people in the zone. If there were more endgame HNMs and mobs for people to fight, there would be less people packed into one place going after one HNM when there's others out there. As long as there's good motivation to kill them (good item drops often assuming it's a very difficult fight ), I think it could help to bring people away from camping the old HNMs and going after new ones. I've already seen several instances where an LS that would normally go after Fafnir went to Tiamat instead to get it before other linkshells. This could also be an interesting way to intergrate mobs dropping newer high level spells that has been brought up in some interviews that SE wanted to add.

3 Kings Pop more frequently
    -This is the only point I don't agree on, since I agree that making too many mobs drop the abjuration and doing it too often does kind of take away from the unique and rare nature of the abjurations that SE intended... Perhaps expanding NQ drops slightly (making them more difficult too maybe) so BH and Adaman dropped useful items like Fafnir, so that getting NQ wouldn't be such a disappointment in most cases but otherwise I'm fine with the current system.

So yeah... I write too much; ;... This is my perspective on all of those though, having played this game since the beginning and being a part of endgame for over a year and a half.

honestly, looks like ALL of those are good choices. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    What are you talking about? Let's say SE decided to add a Wyrm for the rest of the elements, maybe add in a few more 24 hr HNMs (without gay pop conditions (ie King Vinegar)), and then lowered wyrm pop time or something, how is that bad? You would have those LSes doing more stuff. Well if you add a ton more mobs in the game, then those linkshells in aery would be fighting something else up at that time. Of course that is assuming they have pimp drops worth fighting over camping Fafnir.
    What are YOU talking about? Do you seriously believe even adding 12 more wyrms to the game would stop people camping Fafnir? Unless the mob in question both happened at the same time as Fafnir AND had better loot for the same slots for the same jobs, Fafnir will not see a reduction in the number of campers. WORSE, if Ridill +1, e.body+1 and z.body+1 dropped off Nidhogg+1, guess what mob would have 250+ people camping it. That doesn't help.

The problem is you have 20 of an item entering the game PER YEAR that 500+ people want. THIS IS A PROBLEM. Adding different items that have the same situation JUST MAKES MORE PROBLEMS.

Getting loot should be a challenge, not a chore. SE's way of handling loot and their drop rate do not make the game challenging, fun and rewarding, they make it tedious, boring and annoying.

A large part of it is drop rate which has Japanese linkshells with dozens of King kills STILL camping it, with people still farming sky despite dozens of Kirin kills. What could POSSIBLY make someone think I'd WANT to kill Kirin 90+ times? Who could seriously think I'd WANT to spend 4 hours a week for the next two years in the shithold that is Limbus and be GLAD that it's not nearly as bad as Dynamis?

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

They'd stop camping Fafnir if Fafnir's loot became obsolete.

Just tell them to remember what they say when you log in, and to create things that conform to those words so that people can get the best items.

Quote Originally Posted by RKenshin
    3 Kings Pop more frequently
    -This is the only point I don't agree on, since I agree that making too many mobs drop the abjuration and doing it too often does kind of take away from the unique and rare nature of the abjurations that SE intended... Perhaps expanding NQ drops slightly (making them more difficult too maybe) so BH and Adaman dropped useful items like Fafnir, but otherwise I'm fine with the current system.
    [/b]
    Eh....while I agree that the abjurations should be rare, it is just that it is just rediculous the way the system is currently set up. 20-30 or so abjurations for a certain item each year? This is utterly rediculous!

I agree, I don't like it... But I've already seen interviews where someone would question them about adding abjurations to the BC99s and other mobs or forced pop mobs, etc, allowing others to have a chance to get it. Each time they stood by keeping it rare and something to be proud of owning, similar to how they're doing the relic weapon upgrade process.

IMO sometimes it goes a little too far, especially the relic weapon thing.. But I think if there's anything we couldn't convince them to change, it would be something in this catergory. So I'm just living with it, and honestly if they made the other changes and did a good job with it than this issue would hardly be of anymore concern. There would be so much other endgame content that it wouldn't be as much of a worry as before.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Ouryu, Vrtra, Tiamat, Jorgy deeper loot pools
    I really don't see how these HNMs are any different from the other kings Nidhogg, KB, and Aspi... Or even Kirin. And yet they drop almost nothing compaired to them. Hell even Fafnir drops better than those four, and people have killed Fafnir in 15 minutes while I've never heard of any of those being killed in under 50 minutes (and most take hours). It takes a large amount of people and a great deal of skill and team work (more than the other HNM kings) to defeat any of them. These are among the toughest mobs in the game, and repop just as often as the other HNM kings, but the reward for killing them is less than most of the others? I just don't see how this makes sense.
    No matter what the outcome of this poll I really hope you put this to Matt Davies and refuse to allow him to weasle his way out of answering it. I really don't think there is any satisfactory explanation as to why something that takes 3~8 days to pop and well over an hour (for a good linkshell) to kill has worse drops than something that pops every 21~24 hours, takes fifteen minutes to kill and has guarunteed drops everyone wants.

I agree, I don't like it... But I've already seen interviews where someone would question them about adding abjurations to the BC99s and other mobs or forced pop mobs, etc, allowing others to have a chance to get it. Each time they stood by keeping it rare and something to be proud of owning, similar to how they're doing the relic weapon upgrade process.
    Rare because there is only 1 LS on the server who can kill it and the number of 75s on the server I could count on 2 hands is one thing. Rare because 150 people are camping it every night is an entirely different situation. Challenge vs. limited resources. FFXI used to be challengeing, now it's just grinding, overcrowding and frustration.

No matter what the outcome of this poll I really hope you put this to Matt Davies and refuse to allow him to weasle his way out of answering it. I really don't think there is any satisfactory explanation as to why something that takes 3~8 days to pop and well over an hour (for a good linkshell) to kill has worse drops than something that pops every 21~24 hours, takes fifteen minutes to kill and has guarunteed drops everyone wants.
    Exactly, I couldn't agree more ...

I'm also really hoping he will take the time to read through some of the opinions in this post, while it may not contain all of the best since it's very open to public, it would be nice for them to see what our feedback is since it seems they rarely use it. So much different from other games where user feedback is very important to them.. They often even have forums on the official website where people ask the questions or offer ideas, and they're monitored and responded by directly from the game team. Hopefully these interviews will be the beginning of a movement to hearing player's input.

Rare because there is only 1 LS on the server who can kill it and the number of 75s on the server I could count on 2 hands is one thing. Rare because 150 people are camping it every night is an entirely different situation. Challenge vs. limited resources. FFXI used to be challengeing, now it's just grinding, overcrowding and frustration.
    Again, I think this is why adding more and new higher level HNMs would help as well as possibly new items and spells, etc. While of course it's easier said than done, I think it could help more than most other possibilites.

More HNMs to camp with really good drops will mean less people camping the older HNMs, simple as that. It's already starting with people occasionally skipping an HNM camp where only NQ has a chance to pop for something like Tiamat. However, the drops from Tiamat aren't nearly as good or consistant enough to skip him for something like Nid/KB/Aspi, which I also think should be addressed in some form.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

------ATTN------

I'm serious about this... as a request, please /tell people in game to vote on this poll, these questions are going out in a day and I want to have this as something to show.

PLEASE VOTE AND MAKE OTHERS VOTE.

I dont see many people out there 'trying' to make the game better. I'm hoping we all can... seems like they are listening to my requests so far, so please vote. I'd like to see this game made better.

I posted a thread on killingifrit hoping people there will come vote(since KI seems to have a good portion of end game players that visit it). Hope you don't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by RKenshinMore
    HNMs to camp with really good drops will mean less people camping the older HNMs, simple as that. It's already starting with people occasionally skipping an HNM camp where only NQ has a chance to pop for something like Tiamat. However, the drops from Tiamat aren't nearly as good or consistant enough to skip him for something like Nid/KB/Aspi, which I also think should be addressed in some form.
    Adding the wyrms has already done such wonders for the numbers at Fafnir. Oh wait a second. No, it hasn't. Sea has sure emptied sky out... oh wait, no, the pop item NMs are 100% down 24/7.

Theres a reason scorpion harness has gone UP in price despite venemous claws being 10x more common now than in the past. There are so many people that want it.

I still stand by the fact that if you add a dozen more wyrms it wouldn't make a dent in the fafnir camp, and would just mean you'd be camping with 250 people on the new wyrms as well as Fafnir. You're just going to have more of the same problem. You don't cure a cold by going and getting the flu.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oro Oro
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I'm disappointed at how many people want the 3 HQ's to pop more often.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I voted "3 King HQs Pop more frequent than 3-7 days."

But if that can't happen it would be nice to have alternative ways of obtaining abjs dropped by the kings, like some ouryu style bcnms or something >.>

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

i'd love to get 300-500 in 24-36 hours. Bring it.

This isnt going so well guys.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Having another way to get the abj's would be nice. Most KS99 are just as hard as the mobs themsleves, i dont see why they cant drop it.

Quote Originally Posted by rooster
    i'd love to get 300-500 in 24-36 hours. Bring it.
    I could post a thread in allakhazam asking people to vote, though I somewhat doubt I'd get much of the end game community.

Reishu

My server isn't a crowded server, so it's pretty normal to see only a few LSes fight over faffy at once; but my issue is simply time. I'd like to see an ENM personally, where we can fight the kings, and gather people at one place at one time. It's soooo much easier to plan that way... and also this way, people will show up because it's easier to get the gear they want.

Yes, there's a lot to be said about camping them and getting the drop the hard way, but even if it's not-as-good king-comparable gear that drops from a KS99 or ENM, I'd like to be able to have end-game quality gear without the waste of time i don't have.

Personally, i think the philosophy of making it a very impractical-to-get thing, for something as coveted and practical as a dalmatica, makes this game not quite as enjoyable to play. One of the aspects of this game I enjoy most is being able to gather people together for a good reason; and sad to say; when i can't camp it 95% of the time due to irl duties, it makes it hard to gather people together.

Camping sucks. Whoever thought that it should be something everyone should do to enjoy the end-game activites should be shot.

Either increase the drop rates so that LSes will get the drops sooner rather than just eventually, so more LSes can have a part, or make a way for people to get the same or similar gear via other means (ENM, KS99, etc)

Personally i think ENM or KS99 is more practical, simply because it allows a way for many people to participate in the rewards of an end-game that not everyone has the patience to counter-camp others for.

If SE continues to do nothing about this, they'll keep losing endgame people to other MMORPGs. I personally enjoy FF, but part of enjoying it is to make goals well... enjoyable (and more practical) to get.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Sea Jailer's Drop 100% on pop items. 15% [ 18 ]
    Sea Jailer's Loot pool to be deeper, like sky. 17% [ 20 ]
    Ouryu, Vrtra, Jour, and Tiamat Loot pool much more deeper. 13% [ 15 ]
    Merit point revamp; new skills, new merit caps, and more. 15% [ 18 ]
    More wyrms or wyrm lvl end game mobs added. 14% [ 16 ]
    3 King HQs Pop more frequent than 3-7 days. 19% [ 22 ]
    lmao.... results are SO even. The correct answer is all of the above.