Item Search

BG-Wiki Search

View Poll Results: What basic change would you like to see in the next patch

Voters
399. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sea Jailer's Drop 100% on pop items.

68 17.04%
  • Sea Jailer's Loot pool to be deeper, like sky.

54 13.53%
  • Ouryu, Vrtra, Jour, and Tiamat Loot pool much more deeper.

61 15.29%
  • Merit point revamp; new skills, new merit caps, and more.

71 17.79%
  • More wyrms or wyrm lvl end game mobs added.

46 11.53%
  • 3 King HQs Pop more frequent than 3-7 days.

79 19.80%
  • Other. (type below)

20 5.01%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

One Request[Interview]: Poll

For the interview with matt hilton... i'm going to be putting in this thread.

I'd like people to vote which, if they could only had one to choose, would they like to see in the next patch.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Also PLEASE GET EVERYONE in your LS or server that is apart of the endgame community to vote!

This is going to SE, I hope to god our voice will be heard.

ROCK THE VOTE YoZ

MY ONE REQUEST... I'm SERIOUS... Please get end game people you know to vote.

Questions will be sent to Matt in 5-7days

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

All of the above?

But any one of those are good. If sea or cop wyrms stuff dropped stuff better then 3 King HQ loot, there wouldn't be a reason to make 3 kings pop faster. Since you can just go 'Oh woops we didnt get fafnir today, lets just go to sea and try to get megaloridill'.

Although I think my vote should go to the second one (deeper sea lot pool). Sky has money drop stuff like Dragon Talon, Behe Hide & Shining Cloth from gods, as well as Abj, while sea is pretty much 'bleh' in comparion all the way until JoL (assuming it drops those earrings) and AV. It's like going all the way to Kirin and only getting Artic Winds and shit (and then popping Kirin and wiping). Even non-100% drop rate on pop items can be kinda overlooked if you can get a ton of other sweet shit from Jailers so it isn't a huge dissapointment, although I'd still rather pick all of the above. ^^;

blax n gunz
    BG Level

would it really help things to make fafhogg pop more often? doesn't fix the problem of 'best loot in the game from 2 mobs onry' :D

And what happened to 'Add abjuration to KS99 droptable?'

Wow, this is a kind of rough area. There is so much that needs to be done.

But to be honest, for all the hard work people have put in to Sea. The drops to pop the Jailers seems like the right thing to do.

But hell, they all have merit.

You neglected to put in an option for alternate ways to obtain abjurations from the three kings.

And its really hard to choose just one of what you put up. Guarenteed drops from Sea gods and a much deeper loot pool from Sea gods would be nice. HQ kings spawning much more often would be nice, but on that note, maybe the NQ could spawn twice a day instead of once(maybe a bit too hopeful on that).

Expanding on merit points would be nice, but it isn't as important in my view as fixing end game.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

What if I want all the options?

I cannot single one out as the most desired, because all the options would be great solutions for a game with the majority of its playerbase involved in what is a very limited end-game. I should rephrase, its not "limited" in the sense that there is little to do, is limited in how many people can participate...camp up to 9 hours a day for the three kings to only have the time of 100 people wasted (minus the ally/ls that gets claim) and excluding the rest that just sat there with their thumbs up their ass waiting. The limited drops from the wyrms, the dumbshit thinking in sea drops shows the very limited thinking that SE dev's have had for the past couple of years, though increasing loot that drops and even the frequency of it will be a good addition, I think there has been too much time passed that FFXI may just not have a right "one thing will just make it all better for all"...Then again, I am maybe just not making sense...

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Make tiamat/jorm/vrtra have new gear/spell drops, as well as give them a chance of a king version every 2-5 spawns as well, w/ some new equipment rare/ex of course unlike the JSE counterparts.

Sea needs to be changed along the lines of sky as well, but for the upper tier HNMLS much like the CoP wyrms has done so, to weed out the gilsellers and smaller/newer HNMLS.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I'm a long time lurker of BG. Ichthyos posted a link to this thread on our linkshell forums. On Titan there is a sea linkshell called Seashell that is made up of people from many endgame shells. It's pretty cool to see people who usually camp against each other actually work together.

I put loot pool be deeper for the sea gods. Honestly, it's the utterly abyssmal drops of the sea gods that kind of keep me away from seashell. I was there for one Jailer (the euvhi one, can't remember name) and died 4 times. It dropped one thing that didn't even lead to people burning points.

That isn't enough inscentive for me to lose xp over. I really would like to see S-E do something about rewarding the players who put in all that effort to complete the Promathia missions. It's silly that the sky gods drop comparatively better loot, are easier, and are a ton easier to get to.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I would personally be happy to persuade a few votes. I for one see rarity as an exceptional value on items. It makes you feel better when you get them

Sea Jailers: I'm more concerned about Ix'Aerns. The jailers don't seem too horrid. Although, I would never complain about 100%.

Wyrms: Update the loot. Would prefer something new honestly. Adding existing abjurations from king HNM's would be a little disappointing.

Kings: 3-7 days is perfectly fine. Come to Fenrir for a month, please. I'd be pleased to see Aspidochelone once a week. It's average is about... 10 days?

Monks: I'm sick of showing to an HNM camp looking like a goofball. I can't Chi Blast in my sexy clothes... give me something that matches! (Oh, and a Chi Blast belt. Black Belt just doesn't cut it...)

Does "Sea Jailers" include the Ix'Aern mobs as well? That's my biggest concern.

Asking for Jailers to drop more items is like asking something like Zipacna to drop Venemous Claws. Some of the Torques are really nice items, plus the Jailers are trigger NMs for Absolute Virtue. We really can't assess the situation until we see the kind of things that AV drops. I think that once somebody reveals the "light at the end of the tunnel" people will either become very interested in sea, or give up because the rewards aren't worth the effort.

Only one?

Many players who have Sea access don't consider every jailer to be the equivelent of, say, Ullikumi or Zipacna or Faust. I personally view them each as the 'gods' of sea. I do not consider having Abosolute Virtue having the only somewhat-worthwhile loot pool justified in this. It can be fought, what, once every few months assuming a linkshell with 30+ BLMs manages to kill Jailer of Love? And even then you'll need more BLMs to take down Absolute Virtue.

If each of the Jailers in Sea had a respectable loot table, then maybe it would be easier to motivate more players at end game to try to get Sea access. As of now, Genbu is pretty much easier then all of the Jailers and at least the palace Ix'aern(I've not foguht the 2 in Ru'hmet so I can't comment on those. I've fought Temperance and he is supposed to be the easiest Sea god, and he is a bit of a step up from Genbu offense wise.) and yet he has a better loot pool. Don't compare Jailers to Zipacna or Faust. Its not a fair comparison.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

i really think they need to add the abjurations to the ks99 battles, making the kings pop more frequently will just mean that the few ls's that claim them now will get more pimped out and start handing koenig body's and adaman body's to people who cant use them for another 20 lvl's, while other ls's will have 5 or 6 pld's who will never see a koenig body and the same for war's and drk's with adaman body's

camping for 3 hours every day only to see the same ls claim every day

Black Belt
    BG Level

at least the 2nd tier has to have a better loot pool.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Need 200+ votes before i'm endding this... please everyone vote.

To compare:

sky: Trigger NMs can all be killed with a party of 6. Granted, doing it with 6 takes a lot of skill, but it's highly doable. Most groups won't fight something like Faust until they have 10+ people.

sea: Ix'Aerns, Temperance, Faith, Fortitude can all be killed with a party of 6. Granted, doing it with 6 takes a lot of skill, but it's highly doable. Most groups won't fight something like Faith until they have 10+ people.

The tier 2 Jailers are becomming easier and easier to kill, the biggest problem is getting pop items for them. Our last Justice kill took (quite literally) 2 minutes with 19 people. Prudence took a bit longer, mostly because it went perma-invisible and we had to figure out where it was and kill it with GA spells.

The actual Jailer / Aern fights are easy. It's much much harder to get the trigger items for them than it is to kill them. If pop items were 100% I think the time to collect all 8 sky triggers + pop the 4 gods + pop Kirin is quite comparable to how long it would take to get the items to pop Love.

There is still much to learn about sea. We have yet to figure out the exact conditions for spawning the 2 Garden Ix'Aerns. Over time, things will be easier to pop, and easier to kill.

-Other

All of the above.

The one that would most likely get chosen by SE would probably be the merit system though, since that would effect the largest part of the player base (not every level 75 person does "endgame" activities")

I do agree someone with Faranim though, that giving loot to lower tier Jailers comparable to Sky gods would be a little overdoing it. They do need to up the drop rates on things like Deeds though (10% -> 100% thanks) SE probably forgot a 0 -.- If anything, they should drop some other things though, not Venomous Claws/Behemoth hides but something else that would make them worthwhile.. Damascus Ingots? :D

Quote Originally Posted by Faranim
    To compare:

sky: Trigger NMs can all be killed with a party of 6. Granted, doing it with 6 takes a lot of skill, but it's highly doable. Most groups won't fight something like Faust until they have 10+ people.

sea: Ix'Aerns, Temperance, Faith, Fortitude can all be killed with a party of 6. Granted, doing it with 6 takes a lot of skill, but it's highly doable. Most groups won't fight something like Faith until they have 10+ people.

The tier 2 Jailers are becomming easier and easier to kill, the biggest problem is getting pop items for them. Our last Justice kill took (quite literally) 2 minutes with 19 people. Prudence took a bit longer, mostly because it went perma-invisible and we had to figure out where it was and kill it with GA spells.

The actual Jailer / Aern fights are easy. It's much much harder to get the trigger items for them than it is to kill them. If pop items were 100% I think the time to collect all 8 sky triggers + pop the 4 gods + pop Kirin is quite comparable to how long it would take to get the items to pop Love.

There is still much to learn about sea. We have yet to figure out the exact conditions for spawning the 2 Garden Ix'Aerns. Over time, things will be easier to pop, and easier to kill.
    The trigger NMs in Sky are arguably easier then the tier 1 Jailers in Sea. While Temperance may be easy, it is hardly as softcore as, say, Ullikumi or Zipacna or Olla.

No one here said that adjusted loot tables had to give the best stuff to tier 1 Jailers. Just add a few good drops on the tier 1 Jailers, a few better ones on tier 2, even better on Love, and the best on Absolute Virtue.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast