+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PC problem     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level

PC problem

Has anyone ever experienced a problem where your videos and music, basically all media is running faster? But it's notoriously faster, yet no distortion is shown. I don't know how to fix this now and I'm worried.

If anyone has had a similar experience happen before, plz let me know ur feedback.

Your PC is on drugs

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Do you mean the audio and video files are playing at an accelerated speed?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Its just when your codec falls behind due to some other process in the background. It happens so dont worry about it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Yes Totien, but I've restarted alrdy 3 times so if it was what you were saying Lujan, but =( it doesn't seem to have changed. I noticed when I played a J-dorama they were talking so fast I was missing half of what they were saying. So I tried with different media and it all seems fast >_<;.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

it happens to my Laptop all the time. The HDD is dying on that though lol

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Hope she makes it till December so I can get my new PC.

Well I timed an episode for Bleach. With my watch, and it lasted the full real time. Maybe it was just my imagination, or I'm really tired from all the work these past days.

Thx Lujan, I'll check with codecs, maybe try to reinstall them but I think it's ok now.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I have a small problem, too. When my computer boots up, it's ALWAYS wanting to do a Check Disc (not Scan disc, mind you). Any way to fix this?

Re: PC problem

Quote Originally Posted by I_am_new
    Has anyone ever experienced a problem where your videos and music, basically all media is running faster? But it's notoriously faster, yet no distortion is shown. I don't know how to fix this now and I'm worried.

If anyone has had a similar experience happen before, plz let me know ur feedback.
    Had that once, and had to deal with a few otehr similar as well

Mine was a defective sound card, while in other cases it was simply a corrupt driver, wich a quick re-installation fixed, or sometimes needed simply an updated version so that it matches codecs installed by other software & prevent conflict.

It's not rare to see games with their own sound playing system wich came to modify the main audio driver by accident upon installation.

Worst case if its not hardware, you could try recovering to an earlier state where it worked fine then.