BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Temenos W question

I'm curious as to how the chests work on this one? With 14 people, we made it to the end of the slime floor, clearing every mob on every floor with only one 15 minute time extension...

Any clue what causes the blue chest to appear? Or is it total randomness?

A. Body
    BG Level

according to my team's experience i believe every floor only spawns two chests, random type, so you could have gotten unlucky with the type of chest you want

for us, three of the floors didn't spawn treasure chests and we killed every mob on those three floors... at the end of the run we had 30 minutes left

however, people have told me this is untrue--that they have had all three chests spawn on the same floor... which could be right, given how when we saw both treasure and time appear we just ignored the rest of the mobs and ran to the exit... in which case i won't be able to tell you why some floors only had 2 chests

there have been reports of limbus areas where chest that are supposed to appear don't... in my own Apollyon NE run, the floor which had the magic pots and dolls didn't spawn a treasure chest even after we defeated all of the mobs on the floor

for all you know it can be a bug, and GM call was as useless as always in this kind of situation

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Cant be sure but it seemed to me the chests in this Limbus are random. Seemed approx 25% chest drop from each mob. We went in with 14 people and cleared it with 45 mins to spare after a rr break before the birds. We must have got 6-7 time chests it was stupid ><

There may be a trick to get more treasure chests to drop, dont know...

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Someone should post some screenshots of Limbus! I haven't even seen it yet. :3 You know, since I'm a noob and all.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Don't know if this applys to Temenos too, but was running Apollyon NE and when we hit a mob that was larger then the rest (of the same type) it dropped the chests

Rather wierd, but it stayed consistent across all the floors.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

From what i have seen , Temenos and Apollyon have drastically different behavior from what drops chests and how chests even work.

In fact in some cases, it differs depending on which limbus you enter.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Coco
    Someone should post some screenshots of Limbus! I haven't even seen it yet. :3 You know, since I'm a noob and all.
    There are about 5-6 screenshots on BG's front page if u haven't seen them.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Apollyon looks like Promyvion
    Temenos looks like the inside of Sea (Grand Palace of Hu'Xzoi and Garden of Ru'Hmet)

there are no new mob models, just variations of other stuff in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil
    Apollyon looks like Promyvion
    Temenos looks like the inside of Sea (Grand Palace of Hu'Xzoi and Garden of Ru'Hmet)

there are no new mob models, just variations of other stuff in the game.
    That is what disapoints me the most about Limbus. Not a single new mob model. Just recycled areas and models.

Black Belt
    BG Level

we're not getting anything new until the next expansion, i think.

Most likely not until SE drops the PS2

Quote Originally Posted by Posterboy
    Not gonna happen unfortunately. Best we can hope for is there being seperate meshes for the PS2 and PC, but we all know it isn't going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Sekkite
    Quote Originally Posted by Posterboy
    Not gonna happen unfortunately. Best we can hope for is there being seperate meshes for the PS2 and PC, but we all know it isn't going to happen.
    PS2 has 40 megs of memory and wasn't even a great system when it was released.

I'm amazed a) they could get FFXI running on such a primitive machine in the first place and b) that they couldn't do better for PC users, most of which have 30x as much memory and vastly superior computing power.

XBox360 with it's silly 512meg memory and tiny 20 gig hard drive makes me sad. The fact that they're tweaking FFXI for it but not PCs which already kick the Xbox360 in the jimmy makes me really dissapointed in SE. Even SOE has upgraded the graphics engine of Everquest many times and done new model graphics at least twice, and SOE sucks ass.

W Temenos each floor can pop 2-3chests depending on floor. I didn't write down which floors had 2chests and which had 3 but I do remember each floor sometimes only having the Benediction/items or item/time etc and some floors having all 3. My W Temenos run gave us alot of items chests including the final one, we got: war x2, brd, sam x2, bst, and smn items.

As for certain Limbus paths not having chests appear at all, sometimes the chests pop back in the beginning of the floor or in other places (best example is 2nd floor of SW Apollyon-treants-chests pop back in the south). Best to clear the floor and have people run back to check if you don't see a chest.