BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    ٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

BST and THF are a freaking awesome team.

So I was reading up on KI how ninjas were soloing the Dhalmel in bibiki bay, and well, I always look for a BST duo to go there, but hardly any BST that are online are available to duo, so I decided to instead, take a job that can do nice light SC's with me, and can be decent on these.

This was me (BST/NIN lvl75), Thrillhouse(THF/NIN lvl75) duoing dhalmels at the back of bibiki bay.

http://img490.imageshack.us/img490/6...hfrocks7pa.jpg

THF is perrfect, 4 evasion bonuses @ 75 i think? Aswell as nice damage in bursts when it's needed (like, at the end).

First 10% of the battle is all of us bouncing hate around, next 60% of the battle is the rabbit tanking, I'd usually release @ 30% of mob HP, and we'd finish it off. If your gear is decent enough, more likley you (bst) will be tanking at the end of the fight, and you can use Decimation right away(decimation was surprisingly good, I did a 700 on a berserked one once) and keep hate, while THF will use SA+Sharkbite and usually kill it, if not, the mob wont have much HP left, and the thf will tank the rest of it just fine.

Just bring a few echo drops (silence facial yay), and a RR gorget.

BST/NIN and THF/NIN and my pet were good enough, no healers no nothing Aslong as you have a smart THF who has blind/sleep/acid bolts, he'll be able to take care of himself when his HP is down, the BST on the other hand wont, and might need to rest, but most of the time i'd fight with half HP anyway. I rarley got touched, if i did, i'd use Exploitsusemi, and my enmity will go poof after the dhalmel knocks my shadows out.

There'll be a few close calls for sure, like the time when we released, SC'd to 1% HP, then it used healing wind THREE TIMES. Yeah it broke our chain 5 :\

We got chain4 many many times when the parties left, chain3 is normal, and you'll hit chain5 if your mobs berserk spam. The exp is shit compared to weapons parties or anything, but it's still great exp for a duo team, especially thf and bst, 2 jobs that arent prioritized for invites to xp pt's.

Just posting a nice way for us 2 shitty jobs to play with eachother, and piss off more xp pt's than ever before >:D We duo'd these as fast as the parties took them down (sometimes faster[zerk] sometimes slower[healing wind]) , more ppl should play like this, most fun i've had on bst in a long time, I dont even wanna duo with other BST anymore, this was safer + funner! Exploitsusemi ftw.

Random SS's of exp range you'll expect on these when duo.
    http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/4245/deci15ba.jpg

http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/4812/chain07dp.jpg

http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/1769/chain11mr.jpg

http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/9274/chain38py.jpg

we'd get some crappy xp sometimes, but that's expected when a dhalmel pops T. Also none of these SS's were with a empress band.

Spinning Axe > Dancing Edge? Try it.

Gotta be decent and probably bigger WS dmg for THF and SC effect too.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Genosync
    Spinning Axe > Dancing Edge? Try it.

Gotta be decent and probably bigger WS dmg for THF and SC effect too.
    Spinning axe's damage sucks so bad, but havent tried it in forever >.> i'll do it right now (im in pt, he thinks im afk, im just posting here kekeke), we were doing just "blow TP" before, Rampage and Dancing edge, but this way was making it go so much better and easier, the SC dmg from light outweighed the damage of the other 2 WS's most of the time, and it was great for THF keeping hate at the end, <3 their evasion bonuses.

Edit :

Here's your suggestion geno it was horrible though ><
    http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/8...cission9sn.jpg

Then the THF suggested we do Rampage > DE for a Detonation SC. It went well, but it used berserk, so I'll have to test this one more. Otherwise this is the highest rampage i've ever done! BST have intentionally nerfed rampages

http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/2...rampage8bg.jpg

E. Body
    BG Level

thats nice and all but PLEASE REMOVE THAT ASSAULT JERKIN FROM YOUR SIG!!!

*ahem*

good stuff! ♪

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

it's not assault, it's Ogre! I sold it like 5mins after that pic, but i like how it looks

E. Body
    BG Level

lol my bad, they both look like shit anyway

I like the new one tho :3

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    they both look like shit anyway
    I agree

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    I like the new one tho :3
    >:D

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

That's pretty freakin sexy.

My friend got so fed up with not finding party from 74-75 on his thf he just soloed goobuues to 75, made like 5 million too lol

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Banigaru

My friend got so fed up with not finding party from 74-75 on his thf he just soloed goobuues to 75, made like 5 million too lol
    Yea 74-75 mnk/war/rdm/nin/brd/blm are the only jobs allowed to Exp pt =)

Quote Originally Posted by Onizuka
    Quote Originally Posted by Banigaru

Yea 74-75 mnk/war/rdm/nin/brd/blm are the only jobs allowed to Exp pt =)
    You forget WHM. WHM get love in monk parties.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Lately I've been leveling in north Al'Taieu with three friends on the Phaubos there. We go as NIN, THF, BRD, BLM and it's pretty fun even if we all have jobs that don't need to do this. We make about 4-5k an hour and it's a real easy to camp to get to.