Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Farming Predicament.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

You could try doing what I did.

Packin more heat than spicy
    8=====>

BG Level

Screw the sniper rings. Use sushi. Now you need to make gil to afford sushi..

Go to giddeus. Fill your inventory with yagudo bead necklaces. Go to Windurst Woods and trade them to Nanaa Mihgo. Go back to giddeus. Fill your inventory with yagudo bead necklaces. Go to windurst woods. Etc.. Do this all day.

Now go to kazham -> jungle -> Sea serpent grotto -> Norg. Get utsusemi quest. Buy some silent oils, too btw. Go click on a ??? in SSG and go back to norg. Talk to NPC. There's your utsusemi Ichi scroll. Sell it. Easy. Gogo.

Quote Originally Posted by Setsuko
    Screw the sniper rings. Use sushi. Now you need to make gil to afford sushi..

Go to giddeus. Fill your inventory with yagudo bead necklaces. Go to Windurst Woods and trade them to Nanaa Mihgo. Go back to giddeus. Fill your inventory with yagudo bead necklaces. Go to windurst woods. Etc.. Do this all day.

Now go to kazham -> jungle -> Sea serpent grotto -> Norg. Get utsusemi quest. Buy some silent oils, too btw. Go click on a ??? in SSG and go back to norg. Talk to NPC. There's your utsusemi Ichi scroll. Sell it. Easy. Gogo.
    Oh duh! .. I feel dumb >.<

I thought 100 Yagudo Necklaces were required for the quest in Utsusemi Ichi scroll... but you use em to raise fame >.>

At least now I know ^.^

blax n gunz
    BG Level

moat carp are now 11k/stack on my server and holding.

The new fatigue limit on fishing is 200 catches total.

Fish every day to fatigue (takes me between 2.5-3 hours) for a week and you'll have more than enough pocket change.

Mining is for chumps. Anywhere you go these days you'll find a team of 8-10 girserrers motionless at each mining spot waiting for it to respawn while their comrades mine the active ones.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Correction
    moat carp are now 11k/stack on my server and holding.

The new fatigue limit on fishing is 200 catches total.

Fish every day to fatigue (takes me between 2.5-3 hours) for a week and you'll have more than enough pocket change.

Mining is for chumps. Anywhere you go these days you'll find a team of 8-10 girserrers motionless at each mining spot waiting for it to respawn while their comrades mine the active ones.
    How do I single out Moat carp though?

blax n gunz
    BG Level

This is turning into a crafting board thread

Fishing skill 0-7: Yew Fishing Rod, Little Worms, West Ronfaure pond. Will catch moats and crayfish onry (along with items like rusty leggings)

Fishing skill 7+: Insect Paste instead of worms. Catches moats onry.

Go here: http://www.lisaarndt.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=1

If you want more reading material on how fishing has changed in the last few patches. It's not cast/wait/press Enter anymore.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Correction
    This is turning into a crafting board thread

Fishing skill 0-7: Yew Fishing Rod, Little Worms, West Ronfaure pond. Will catch moats and crayfish onry (along with items like rusty leggings)

Fishing skill 7+: Insect Paste instead of worms. Catches moats onry.

Go here: http://www.lisaarndt.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=1

If you want more reading material on how fishing has changed in the last few patches. It's not cast/wait/press Enter anymore.
    I have fishing skill 10, I use insect paste, and I catch tricolored and gold carp sometimes.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

i have to say you are the most aggressive lvl 40 ive seen in a long time.

You should start to lvl a craft. that in the long run would make you the most money. also if you are lvl 40 start farming ep's for beastmens seals, and do some bc 40 runs. you will make money farming and get seals at the same time, which can net just under a million a run if you get lucky on the bc drops. You really dont have many options at your lvl sadly. I would really invest in a craft where you can make some money early on. if you need help with sushii, i have 96 cooking and would gladly make you the sushii if you bring me the ingredients. Last time i checked you will save money by doing that. Hope that helps.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by rahvin
    i have to say you are the most aggressive lvl 40 ive seen in a long time.

You should start to lvl a craft. that in the long run would make you the most money. also if you are lvl 40 start farming ep's for beastmens seals, and do some bc 40 runs. you will make money farming and get seals at the same time, which can net just under a million a run if you get lucky on the bc drops. You really dont have many options at your lvl sadly. I would really invest in a craft where you can make some money early on. if you need help with sushii, i have 96 cooking and would gladly make you the sushii if you bring me the ingredients. Last time i checked you will save money by doing that. Hope that helps.
    Thanks, I assume you are Bahamut server? Is your in game name Rahvin too?

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Fish in a place with only moat carp. :3

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

yep, that is correct. If you get fishing up high enough to fish black sole and wanna work a deal out with me, where we both profit im game. give me a /tell tomorrow, ill be on 8 pst am so we can talk.

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

In regards to that Jaeger Ring comment up there... you're in the levels where your main equipment is also the equipment you would use in the CoP missions (the 50 and down ones). Get to 50 and you could get access to Riverne, and also be equal to everyone else in strength at the same time!

And a little later on you'll figure out that UDT is a goldmine. I advise you spend a lot of time there.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Epical
    In regards to that Jaeger Ring comment up there... you're in the levels where your main equipment is also the equipment you would use in the CoP missions (the 50 and down ones). Get to 50 and you could get access to Riverne, and also be equal to everyone else in strength at the same time!

And a little later on you'll figure out that UDT is a goldmine. I advise you spend a lot of time there.
    UDT?

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

rewoT s'ttufkleD reppU

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

rewoT s'ttufkleD reppU
    Why is that such a goldmine? Just curious...

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You ask too many questions. Go explore. =P Xav might come in here and accuse you of freeloading or something.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

You ask too many questions. Go explore. =P Xav might come in here and accuse you of freeloading or something.
    Ahha, the curse of the curious. Alright, thank you all for your help thus far.

if i were you i would do all the cop missions as you get higher up when i made my new char it's what i did.

so like when you hit 30 wich your already at do all 3 promyvion, when you hit 40 do phomuina aquaducts and riverne site #ao1 etc etc...

it will get hard though later on, after riverne ao1 it gets pretty hard to find ppl
    to help so i reccomend a static or something

omg double post alert

blax n gunz
    BG Level

I have fishing skill 10, I use insect paste, and I catch tricolored and gold carp sometimes.
    That is because you are fishing in Windurst or Port San d'Oria instead of West Ronfaure like I suggested. There are only crayfish and Moat Carp in West Ronfaure.