Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Farming Predicament.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Correction
    I have fishing skill 10, I use insect paste, and I catch tricolored and gold carp sometimes.
    That is because you are fishing in Windurst or Port San d'Oria instead of West Ronfaure like I suggested. There are only crayfish and Moat Carp in West Ronfaure.
    Okay, thanks.

I personally wouldn't recommend doing the ninja scroll quests unless 1) You have no intention of ever leveling NIN, or 2) You plan on making a mule much later on in your career (after you have a hilevel character) that you can redo those quests on.

Farming silk thread is probably a gold mine, Bubu has a lot of crawlers in bunches that're easy to kill. I know a stack of silk cloth is 200k or so on Fairy, but you probably can't make that unless you've done some serious crafting (and farmed literally everything). If you're looking for quick cash doing the silk thread route, and if you know someone in the Clothcraft field doing silk cloth -> green ribbon -> silk headband stages, offer to sell to them, but undercut a little off AH since they'd have to make them into cloth. XD

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Marcatil
    I personally wouldn't recommend doing the ninja scroll quests unless 1) You have no intention of ever leveling NIN, or 2) You plan on making a mule much later on in your career (after you have a hilevel character) that you can redo those quests on.

Farming silk thread is probably a gold mine, Bubu has a lot of crawlers in bunches that're easy to kill. I know a stack of silk cloth is 200k or so on Fairy, but you probably can't make that unless you've done some serious crafting (and farmed literally everything). If you're looking for quick cash doing the silk thread route, and if you know someone in the Clothcraft field doing silk cloth -> green ribbon -> silk headband stages, offer to sell to them, but undercut a little off AH since they'd have to make them into cloth. XD
    Silk thread goes for 50k a stack on Bahamut, and the mist silk cape for 150k, so if I farmed crawlers around Spini Spipi, wouldn't that be a good plan?

Could...I think people pay WAY too much for that cape. There's more Crawlers in the sections in Bubu though, and they probably have a better droprate than the ones in Sarutabaruta. You could that, and that is a good possibility.

Otherwise, Bat wings are a great money maker. KRT or the Grotto are good places to get them, and you'd also skyrocket your San d'Oria fame pretty fast.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

If you plan on taking MNK to 75, don't sell the Utsusemi scroll, you'll regret it.. MNK/NIN is so freaking fun.

When I was around your level, I farmed like everything I crossed paths with other than Yagudo in East Sarutabaruta on my 19THF for like a week straight. That was back when stacks of silk were like 20k and beehive chips are like 5k too. I'm sure that now they're all worth probably twice that. It wouldn't take that long to get a mil.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Totien
    If you plan on taking MNK to 75, don't sell the Utsusemi scroll, you'll regret it.. MNK/NIN is so freaking fun.

When I was around your level, I farmed like everything I crossed paths with other than Yagudo in East Sarutabaruta on my 19THF for like a week straight. That was back when stacks of silk were like 20k and beehive chips are like 5k too. I'm sure that now they're all worth probably twice that. It wouldn't take that long to get a mil.
    I don't understand, what is so good about MNK/NIN?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

you have crazy haste and the third best evasion in the game

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

MNK/NIN is fun as hell. pop up counterstance and you can tank quite a bit more than you'd think you were capable of. MNKs get the best haste gear so you can drop ichi recast down to like.. 25 seconds i think (i don't know exactly, my gear isn't that great.)

MNK/WAR at high levels is powerful, especially in xp parties. You may want /nin at times when you want to deal high damage without becoming a paper monk so soon.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sekkite
    MNK/WAR at high levels is powerful, especially in xp parties. You may want /nin at times when you want to deal high damage without becoming a paper monk so soon.
    I'm MNK/WAR right now. It's fun, the damage is great. NIN never appealed to me; too much stuff to drag around. Same with RNG; don't wanna have to have my inventory loaded with arrows and tools.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekhami
    Quote Originally Posted by Sekkite
    I'm MNK/WAR right now. It's fun, the damage is great. NIN never appealed to me; too much stuff to drag around. Same with RNG; don't wanna have to have my inventory loaded with arrows and tools.
    Personally I'm levelling up my ninja sub right now. Viable sub or not, it has many uses and I know it'll be for the best if I get it up to 37 for future stuff.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You really don't need to get all the elemental spells for MNK/NIN. Just Utsusemi, Kurayami, and Hojo. Now that you can bundle ninja tools it really isn't that big of an issue, especially if you bite the bullet and blow all the gil for all the gobbie bags.

Skipped pages 2-4 sry. There are many ways to farm for gil:

1) Farming Monsters who drop crafting items.
    2) Farming Elementals for Clusters (sells by the minuite)
    3) Getting enough seals to make a BCNM Run (good gil)
    4) Take up a crafting skill. (some crafts can make gil from lv1)
    5) Playing Stockmarket with the Jeuno AH (risky as /random but its your choice)
    6) RMT (for all those lazy people)
    In general there are many ways to go about making gil in this game. You just need to keep an eye out for Items ppl will buy at a consistant rate and try to take advantage of that untill there is no more demand for it.

P.S. if some1 already posted something similar, then, well, {tough} lol GL making gil, just keep away from RMT

If you level mnk to 75, you'll find that 99% of your time will be spent as mnk/whm for chibitching and mnk/nin for not getting dead.

As mnk/nin I only dedicate 6 slots to tools: 1 stack utsu, 1 stack tonko, 1 stack of the 3 enfeebles (Dokumori sux lol) and 1 stack of toolbags. Much less than the other misc medicines I carry at all times: oils, powders, echo drops, antidotes, etc.

Only thing mnk/war is useful for is XP.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Why would you keep the 3 debuff tools as a /nin? They hardly stick ;x
    Also, every melee needs /nin so they aren't that big of a mp sponge to the ls.

MNK/NIN should be able to dual wield knuckles like...say in one hand destroyers and other hand cross counters. If you look closely at the fomor monk in phomuina aquaducts on one side they'll have a claw type knuckle and the other side a blunt type one.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

i demand the ability to dual wield knuckles on my feet and ass.

Mithra should be able to dual wield knuckles on their tail.

i demand the ability to dual wield knuckles on my feet and ass.

Mithra should be able to dual wield knuckles on their tail.
    not what i ment

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

A MNK using Sushi makes me cry.