Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Farming Predicament.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Farming Predicament.

I'm a 39 MNK. I don't have time to level another job. I have War, PLD, and THF at 15-20ish. Fishing is okay money, but I want more. I've heard of people making well over a million a week simply by farming. Since I have to get Sniper's, that well over a million a week sounds awful good.

Where, what, and how do I farm? Do I need to sub-thf to be efficient? Is it possible, when I don't have any magic at all?

Any input is appreciated; farming is still an enigma to me.

You'll require job lev 75.

Get to work you shlob

beehive chips have to be alot right now. seeing silent oils are raped.

no clue tho - bards dont farm - we BC ^^b

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Judah
    beehive chips have to be alot right now. seeing silent oils are raped.

no clue tho - bards dont farm - we BC ^^b
    Where do I find them? On Bees, of course,but where is a good spot to farm them at?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Could do the mule Norg fame then to get the ninjutsu scrolls and make 1m a day that way if you have a lot of patience and a friend to get keys.

As a bard before level 40 (go go 123 BC40 wins) I farmed beastmen in Yughott Grotto for gil, and bats for bat wings (was a lot of gil when I was newb) as well as the NM there with the priest's robe.

Though mining can be good money as well if it's all you do. I know a guy who was level 30 and bought an Astral Earring and 2 Astrals cause he mined like all the time.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ankiseth
    Could do the mule Norg fame then to get the ninjutsu scrolls and make 1m a day that way if you have a lot of patience and a friend to get keys.

As a bard before level 40 (go go 123 BC40 wins) I farmed beastmen in Yughott Grotto for gil, and bats for bat wings (was a lot of gil when I was newb) as well as the NM there with the priest's robe.

Though mining can be good money as well if it's all you do. I know a guy who was level 30 and bought an Astral Earring and 2 Astrals cause he mined like all the time.
    I've never even been to Norg. That's how inexperienced I am. mining, er, I tried that, seemed way too tedious for the output.

North Gustaberg mountain is a good place to farm bees. Really though, I used to mine at Ifrit's Cauldron to get the gil for my sniper rings(Only have one ring now though, since Rajas ring will never leave my finger).

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sekkite
    North Gustaberg mountain is a good place to farm bees. Really though, I used to mine at Ifrit's Cauldron to get the gil for my sniper rings(Only have one ring now though, since Rajas ring will never leave my finger).
    What's the, say, gil/hour ratio on mining ifrit's cauldron?

Quote Originally Posted by Ankiseth
    Wow, never thought of that

Quote Originally Posted by Mekhami
    I maybe incorrect, but as lvl 39 (you) I don't think it would work. I've been told lvl 75's still get aggro in Ifrit's Cauldron... >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Itatchi
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekhami
    I maybe incorrect, but as lvl 39 (you) I don't think it would work. I've been told lvl 75's still get aggro in Ifrit's Cauldron... >.>
    Thus you learn your way around and sub ninja for tonko and use silent oils. I recommend the map on the koolaid LS's website.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Hm. I might go mine yughott for a while, see if i can make some money that way...

Step 1: leave

Step 2: go to allakhazam.com

Step 3: get an account

Step 4: post this exact same thread

allakhazam is for low lvl people

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by macbain24
    Step 1: leave

Step 2: go to allakhazam.com

Step 3: get an account

Step 4: post this exact same thread

allakhazam is for low lvl people
    You're no better than Geyser Lizard ^^

E. Body
    BG Level

Farm silk and beehive chips...And quest all your ninjutsu scrolls for some nice gil. Also try and join as many BC40s as possible. You could also take a level 10 job to ghelsba and kill EP orcs for fire crystals.

Are snipers worth buying these days? I would've thought Sushi would make them unnecessary, allowing you to spend that 1mil on more equip slots instead.

Good luck.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    Farm silk and beehive chips...And quest all your ninjutsu scrolls for some nice gil. Also try and join as many BC40s as possible. You could also take a level 10 job to ghelsba and kill EP orcs for fire crystals.

Are snipers worth buying these days? I would've thought Sushi would make them unnecessary, allowing you to spend that 1mil on more equip slots instead.

Good luck.
    ...That's a damn good point, on the Sushi. I'll have to think about that... alot.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lito Rex
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Jaeger Ring ftw

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Litoriceboi
    Jaeger Ring ftw
    How the hell do I get my hands on one of those? I don't even know how to get to riverne.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

You might want to attempt clearing Promvyions sometime if your going after one of those.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl
    You might want to attempt clearing Promvyions sometime if your going after one of those.
    I'm not even rank 5 yet >< I have been focusing too much on levelling.