Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BB issue?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

BB issue?

Hello,

Killed a BB for the 1st time in a while the other night and the fight turned into a nightmare. With 2 thfs and a /thf we failed for over an hour trying to steal. At the 1.5 hour mark we finally killed him when a 3rd thf came online who had the knife in his mog and booked it up for the final 7 damage XD. Is BB ok? anyone else experiance this? He bugged like SC was a while back?

E. Body
    BG Level

did this yesterday, DRK/THF stole it at the start of two seperate fights first try, so no, it's fine

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Thanks, good to hear. Must have jsut been a run of crappy luck. We even Soul Voice + double INT with most +steal gear and it still failed.. lol

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Re: BB issue?

Quote Originally Posted by SiryOp
    Hello,

Killed a BB for the 1st time in a while the other night and the fight turned into a nightmare. With 2 thfs and a /thf we failed for over an hour trying to steal. At the 1.5 hour mark we finally killed him when a 3rd thf came online who had the knife in his mog and booked it up for the final 7 damage XD. Is BB ok? anyone else experiance this? He bugged like SC was a while back?

Wow, are you sure someone didn't steal it already and didn't notice it was in their inventory or something? o_O

I've never seen a thf or /thf fail steal more than twice... ever...

E. Body
    BG Level

I bet you gil someone already stole it and never even knew.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

I cheked the log and nobody stole it. Also one of the thfs was new to the LS, 1st sky run ever. So ya, was weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    I bet you gil someone already stole it and never even knew.

I think that if someone in the alliance already had the knife, then it can't be stolen.

We had a 45 min fight one time with BB when this happened. A THF had it in his inventory, but he didn't steal it, at least from this fight.

St. Fiat
    THE TIME FOR QUESTIONS
    HAS PASSED

BG Level

I remember the time our thf had to go all the way back to jeuno and come all the way back for a bucc knife because no one could steal it.

Good times.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I think that if someone in the alliance already had the knife, then it can't be stolen.
    Nope, it's the old "it says you stole nothing but you actually got something that you couldn't hold anyways" bug. Example is stealing from Maat and winning without getting a warp scroll, because you couldn't hold one because it was in your inventory somewhere.

Somebody *tried* to steal, but they already had the knife in there mog house or inventory, so it got auto-dropped even though it said you stole nothing. I'm sure Thief's will understand this, hope it's clear for others.

By the way I'm like 10/10 on stealing the knife when I'm the first one to steal... I'm pretty sure it's just 100% steal as long as nobody fucked up. Everytime I've tried to steal on the "OMGZ I CANT STEALZ THE KNIFE" BB, I never get a knife. And well... it's because it already was stolen and auto-dropped.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Before the last patch BB was a great skill up party with two competent Ninjas.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

yeah bubbling bernie kicked my ass when i tried to solo it as a 75 blm.

that crab kicks ass