Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: dumb ass question i know     submit to reddit submit to twitter

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

dumb ass question i know

Hey i read somewhere that you can lose lvls in a craft if you choose to go above 60(if you have 100 in another) in a sub.

ex: leatherworking is 100 and i want to stop it to lvl smithing to 100.

if i get smithing to lvl 62 could i possibly drop leather to 98?

I know the answer is prolly no, but i wanted to ask anyways. i think that post i read the guy was full of shit, but hey you never know.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Byrnie+1? >_> heard someone talk about this today.

Re: dumb ass question i know

Quote Originally Posted by rahvin
    Hey i read somewhere that you can lose lvls in a craft if you choose to go above 60(if you have 100 in another) in a sub.

ex: leatherworking is 100 and i want to stop it to lvl smithing to 100.

if i get smithing to lvl 62 could i possibly drop leather to 98?

I know the answer is prolly no, but i wanted to ask anyways. i think that post i read the guy was full of shit, but hey you never know.
    The answer is yes.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

for every .1 you go up in smithing it tells you you drop .1 in leather

I know the answer is prolly no
    the answer is yes
    owned

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by macbain24
    I know the answer is prolly no
    [quote:d4339]the answer is yes
    owned myself with my presumptious, arrogant, negative attitude.[/quote:d4339]

Fix'd.

Basically you want your skills to be 31 over on both main and sub.

Recipe is:
    69 Leather
    34 Smithing

You need To have amazing hq rate:
    100 leather
    65 smithing.

So that's
    Smithing raised to 65
    Leather to 95 + 2 for apron/mittens + 3 for synth support = 100leather

you are now 31 over cap on both main and sub for it. amazing hq rate for this item.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

So Byrnie is 34 smithing cap? MysteryTour says 44 and Somepage says 34. Rather big difference, is it confirmed at 34 since you say it has an "amazing hq rate", or is that just assumed since you'd be breaking both the main and sub 31 tier?

And if you're 100 leather and don't want to delevel to 95 for this one item you can just do the same thing bonecrafters do with Scorpion Harness and keep leather at 98+2 and get smithing advanced support for 62+3 (or heck, 99+1 leather with the apron and use smithy's mitts and advanced support for 61+4 smithing).

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Deleveling leather even a single point to make an item with as rare demand as byrnie +1 is the most ridiculous thing I've heard this week. You go ahead and do that .

Is leathercraft @100 more useful than @99? I know if there was a combo for cloth99 + othercraft 61 I'd do it in a heartbeat since cloth100 is largely a useless improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicker
    So Byrnie is 34 smithing cap? MysteryTour says 44 and Somepage says 34. Rather big difference, is it confirmed at 34 since you say it has an "amazing hq rate", or is that just assumed since you'd be breaking both the main and sub 31 tier?

And if you're 100 leather and don't want to delevel to 95 for this one item you can just do the same thing bonecrafters do with Scorpion Harness and keep leather at 98+2 and get smithing advanced support for 62+3 (or heck, 99+1 leather with the apron and use smithy's mitts and advanced support for 61+4 smithing).
    Well from my understanding, advanced support is only 2 not 3 until you are veteran class. so your sub would only give you +2 since it's not veteran. Now that is just what is lead to believe on Ifrit. And technically you are not delvl'n leather from 100 if you never take it to 100. you take leather to 95 after you take smithing to 65, or during whatever really, but you're not delvl'n anything to do this.

Now if you have your apron and mitts from leather with advanced support on leather you will still have 100 leather (and i'm not even including furnishing + max aura) So you can still make stuff with small chance for break that is 100, but it's not like you can get over the cap for hq rate on a 100 craft anyways.

Not to mention isn't why we lvl'd crafts to make money or to make our own HQ gear? Bernie+1 is 20mil on my server. And if you have a high HQ rate on this, how could that be a bad thing. I know people who do this same kind of tactic on Scorpion Harness and are very thankful they did.

So this really boils down to what are you looking to get out of your craft and your hard work. Leather isn't a job that is in killer demand (atleast on my server). So if thier is a way to use this craft to give you an edge to make good money, i don't see how this is at all ridiculous. Everyone plays this game thier own way, and do things differently to make money. Figure you break even on a nq bernie vs the materials, so you lose nothing on nq, but make out great on hq. Downside? That you can't say you have 100craft? who cares? lol Nothing at 100+3+3 leather is going to get you easier than if you were 95+3+3

Also response to the actual crafting lvls, i think the most accurate page to use is ffrecipe.com and both that and somepage say it's 69 and 34.

http://www.ffrecipe.com/search.php?s=5&k=6
    http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/1396

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Advanced Support is 3 for all levels...

The difference is Byrnie+1 may be 20 million, but I saw one in Rolanberry Fields for 15m and it was in that same bazaar 3 weeks later, I don't even think it's sold yet. A SH+1 will sell overnight, or at worst, 1-2 days. I don't know about other leathercrafters, but I spent over 20m getting my craft from 90-100.

A better chance at 1 craft that rarely, if ever, sells seems pretty ridiculous to me to be the deciding factor in erasing the gil/work put into leveling it in the first place, even if there isn't really any added benefit to having a 100 craft except maybe breaking tier 11 on bst jse (blah). I never said that using your lower level leather to make byrnies was silly (you seem to have taken it personally), more power to the people benefiting from information and research that wasn't made public when other people hit 100. I said deleveling to do that one craft was.

I've already done it to my bonecraft for scorpion harness synths, but I'll never do it to my leathercraft, especially with S/E actively adding new synthesis recipies in each patch.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

thanks for the responses guys now all igotta do is figure if i want to make a mule to do goldsmithing or delvl cooking (96.5) to lvl goldsmithing. OHHH the choices.

LOL it's only 1 dollar to add a mule, why lose a close to 100 craft?

Edit: (even if it is cooking lol)

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Not to mention you can use the 96 cooking to fund Gold, makes it a lot easier.