Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HNMLS Drop Policys     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Akroma

HNMLS Drop Policys

Hey, I’ve been thinking recently about other linkshells drop policies and I was wondering about some new interesting ways of dealing with various problems with the systems that I have seen.

I know in the perfect world and in the perfect linkshell drops would not been a problem and everybody would get every item they want as soon as they wanted it. Too bad this doesn’t happen right? (Look at sea drop rates...)

From my understanding there are a few "main stream" ways of splitting up loot:

Job priority- In this type of situation there is normally a pre-made list of which jobs have priority on which items. These systems normally take into account probation periods and activity of players but are normally determined my jobs alone. There are many different ways to deal with crafting items in this system such as free lot (to how needs), LS funds, randomized splitting etc.

Jobs that can use lot- In this type of system whenever an item drops any job that can use the item is allowed to lot on it. This system only seems to work in those Utopian linkshells that everyone dreams of, leaders thinking that members will of course pass to the ones who deserve or could use the item better /laugh. But then again I was surprised by the amount of linkshells that have used this system that I have come by.

Point Systems: These systems have many different branching type of ways of operation. They could be overall attendance, triggers, LS helping etc. In these systems people normally become eligible to use their points on certain item drops to get "First dibs" or surpass certain point limits to even lot on the items they want/need.

Now I know their are many other variations to the way that loot in passed around linkshells but I would just like to get an overall view of what works and what doesn’t.

Thankyou for reading this and I will checking and responding to this thread as many times as I can!

Xavier gets first drop.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Drinhkinn
    Xavier gets first drop.

Akroma

/sigh

Forum Donator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

The need before greed situations as illustrated in points 1 and 2 broke my first HNM LS. I spent a lot of my time farming sky pop items and camping only to see those people who spent little to no time get the items I worked on.

Trying to get people to do this stuff was like pulling teeth.

My current LS has a pure point system with synth items staying in LS so members can buy with points at a big discount or gil at a lower discount.

Its worked so far but its bound to self destruct eventually. Its the nature of these games.

Points system is too much bullshit to deal with at least for me. Instead we have an awesome way of doing things. We go to the event whoever is there before the fight we decide who gets what as a ls. If there is arguing bitching or complaining I QM all drops and get rid of them, oh and screenshot it makes it hit home. Regardless though I don't have that problem seems my ls has no issue passing on something to get someone else geared.

St. Fiat
    THE TIME FOR QUESTIONS
    HAS PASSED

BG Level

I always liked SB's way of doing it. One person (the leader or senior most sackholder present) decides who gets it based on usability/seniority/attendance. If someone doesn't like it they can wait their turn or stfu and gtfo.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

It's usually need before want, then luxury lots. The most active people get the most really.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

All systems are broke in a sense. You have to experiment until all players find a happy medium.

Quote Originally Posted by Alleya
    I always liked SB's way of doing it. One person (the leader or senior most sackholder present) decides who gets it based on usability/seniority/attendance. If someone doesn't like it they can wait their turn or stfu and gtfo.

yaa i love it like that too

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I use points, which is kinda arbitrary truth be told. People love doing stuff and saying omgz points I have this many! But there are priorities on who is allowed to lot what and everything so that means who needs it most gets it, and attendance is controlled by labeling stuff with points so it works.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

my ls has a system where if you have jobs that apply to an item (ie. Koenig for PLD main job, or Zenith hands for blm then rdm). and all other items such as V. claw or w/e is sent to ls bank. ls bank can only be used if the cursed item is 800k or more and if the synth breaks it will not pay for another.

we compiled a list for each Abjuration

All Koenig
    1. pld
    2. war

Shura
    1. Mnk (with exception to legs)
    2. Sam (gets legs first)

Zenith (not including hands)
    1. whm/smn
    2. rdm
    3. blm/brd

Zenith hands
    1. Blm
    2. rdm
    3. other

Hecta
    1. thf
    2. other DD jobs

Osode is free lot between all jobs that can use other than NIN(until everyone has one)

Pole is MNK > Blm > other

Ridill
    1. lot between who can use it

Hrotti
    1. pld
    2. other

of course exceptions are made with each abjuration and sellable item if the whole alliance agrees to it in the first place.

has worked for us.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I know in the perfect world and in the perfect linkshell drops would not been a problem and everybody would get every item they want as soon as they wanted it.
    That IMO, is nowhere near a perfect world. The game would be no fun if there were no competition.

Packin more heat than spicy
    8=====>

BG Level

The way we did it in my old JP LS, Dhalmels, when you first joined, you couldn't get shit in the first month. In the first month, if you sucked or didn't go to enough events or whatever, you got kicked.

After 1month, you would be allowed to lot on whatever as the LS leader saw fit. Like it was actually 2.5 months before I was able to get genbu's shield as older members still needed it, and 6 months before I got osode (I left ls 2 days before I would have gotten Osode actually.) b/c other people needed it that joined before me. Also, our leader kicked a few people that took items but just didn't go to enough events. If you were given an osode, it was to be understood that if you ever left/got kicked, you had to return the osode.

It was pretty much leader and sack holders said who had been putting the most into the LS, and those people were allowed to lot when stuff dropped.

Even if something dropped like seiryu's kote, no one else needed it except for you, yet it was still your first 30 days, you could not lot. I suppose this is good to weed out the greedy people. If someone is going to bitch b/c you didn't let them take it, screw them. Kick that person.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

My LS uses a job priority system and a point system.

You get a certain amount of points for each event attended and different items have different point costs.

So... say Zenith Mitts had a job priority of:
    BLM > RDM > WHM > SMN > BRD

Among the BLMs, the one with the highest points and X points above the next BLM gets it by default. If two BLMs are close enough in points then they both lot.

In order for a RDM to lot before a BLM, they would have to have a certain amount of points more than the highest BLM. In order for a RDM to compete on lotting it (ie both a BLM and RDM lot), the RDM would have to have at least Y points higher than the highest BLM. So on and on down the list of jobs.

You also choose a main, secondary, and tertiary job among your 70+ jobs. If your secondary job were BLM, and you wanted Zmitts, you fall into the 2nd category where RDM is for job priorities on the item (basically following the rules as if you were a RDM wanting it). If BLM were tertiary you'd be where WHM is on the list for Z.Mitts.

It's all explained in our rules and has worked well for us so far.

Forum Donator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I claim page 2! (edit gramar)

I'll agree with an above poster.
    The best system is one that all of the senior members and most of the mid ranking members (terms of service) can all agree on. Once you have that unstable medium, it doesn't matter which system you use.

Finding this balance is sadly what breaks most LSes.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Hey all, I've trolled your forums for a while but I don't know that I have ever actually posted so /hi ^^

Our drop policy has sort of evolved in the last year... when we first started out everyone had been around for the same amount of time so there wasn't much "seniority" persay other than leaders vs nonleaders, and since most of our leaders were pretty selfless they let everyone who needed abjurations and whatnot from the start lot on them before each god fight in case they dropped. Same with haubys, vc's, etc way back when we weren't all even level 75 yet and fighting serket/roc/sim all the time. We would have stuff crafted and then whoever needed them and deserved them would /random in Jeuno for them. Once we had been around for a while we got an idea of who came to events more than others and those people were given lotting priority.

Now with AF2 and other drops from say, kings, the leaders usually decide who will get drops on a who deserves it basis. If more than one person deserves then they lot on it together. Typically when we do claim a king we are more excited about the fight itself than the drops since we don't fight them much.

Give all drops to the tarus in LS

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Give everything to people who can't use it, that way no one can be greedy.

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by Drinhkinn
    Xavier gets first drop.
    /sigh