Thread: Proto-Omega     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Iko

Proto-Omega

New Gears

http://iko.250free.com/newgear.jpg

here's a couple more pics including the battle

http://www.crownroyalknights.com/mod...iewtopic&t=757

That hat on the Mithra is ugly

The body on the guy to the left is nice though.

got soem nice drops here too

[removed broken image]

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Fuck proto-ultima.

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer
    Fuck proto-ultima.
    O.o hes next on hit list

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

quick question about the body piece it has as of what i know of is 15 accuracy and enhancment tipple attack. my question concerns the tripple attack, i was wondering weather it actually gives a job the attribute tripple attack... i wouldn't think so, i just don't see a drk given the benefit of a tripple attack for tp and ws wise.

my question is does the enchantment/enhancment give the atribute tripple attack that is gained from only a 55 thf. or can it only be used to upgrade the current status of thf's attribute tripple attack. i am a thf and i would be somewhat "really f-in pissed off" if other jobs once again gain another one of our skills. its baisically the only thing we have left next to assassin.

also ive been told and have seen on one of the links that was suggested under a forum that it is said that tipple attack can be combo'd w/ a ws. again ive been a thf for quite some time ive done several sa/ta dancing edged doin roughly 1k dmg lets say average ive never seen a real moderate change in my damage too actually notice a tripple attack occuring during my ws. i would like to know is this true just a slight moderate enhancment or just a flook.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

i am a thf and i would be somewhat "really f-in pissed off" if other jobs once again gain another one of our skills. its baisically the only thing we have left next to assassin.
    {/cry}{Valley of Sorrows}

Quote Originally Posted by losthopes
    quick question about the body piece it has as of what i know of is 15 accuracy and enhancment tipple attack. my question concerns the tripple attack, i was wondering weather it actually gives a job the attribute tripple attack... i wouldn't think so, i just don't see a drk given the benefit of a tripple attack for tp and ws wise.

my question is does the enchantment/enhancment give the atribute tripple attack that is gained from only a 55 thf. or can it only be used to upgrade the current status of thf's attribute tripple attack. i am a thf and i would be somewhat "really f-in pissed off" if other jobs once again gain another one of our skills. its baisically the only thing we have left next to assassin.

also ive been told and have seen on one of the links that was suggested under a forum that it is said that tipple attack can be combo'd w/ a ws. again ive been a thf for quite some time ive done several sa/ta dancing edged doin roughly 1k dmg lets say average ive never seen a real moderate change in my damage too actually notice a tripple attack occuring during my ws. i would like to know is this true just a slight moderate enhancment or just a flook.
    It does give triple attack to any job that wears it. I believe it is about 5% proc rate.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Not quite on the gear, but does the Brutal Earring give the ability of double attack or only enhance it?

I mean... Supapandiami doesn't GIVE dual wield, but enhances it... That type of stuff.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Okan
    Not quite on the gear, but does the Brutal Earring give the ability of double attack or only enhance it?

I mean... Supapandiami doesn't GIVE dual wield, but enhances it... That type of stuff.
    yeah suppa doesn't give it but i do believe that brutal gives DA.

look at it this way, it enhances it.

You enhance your dualwielding. when you are dualwielding, you get faster swings.

you enhance your double attack. when you are attacking, you get more swings.

you essentually have to meet the inherent "activater."

take fast cast

fast cast makes your spells cast earlier.
    Double attack makes you swing more often.
    dualwield makes you "dualwield" faster.

you are casting already when you dont have rostrum pumps.
    you are attacking already when you dont have brutal earring.
    but you are not dualwielding already before you get suppa.

reguardless of if you have the equip you will still attack and cast

Quote Originally Posted by Mifaco
    i am a thf and i would be somewhat "really f-in pissed off" if other jobs once again gain another one of our skills. its baisically the only thing we have left next to assassin.
    {/cry}{Valley of Sorrows}
    Wish I could gain your warp botting skills.

lolz.... No one said it for a long time, I had to. =/

Fact is that it simply isn't confirmed whether or not it gives the effect. People just assume it does.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'd say the non-THFs who got that homam piece could confirm it the moment they see three swings in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by divisortheory
    Fact is that it simply isn't confirmed whether or not it gives the effect. People just assume it does.
    it does give it, friend is a dark knight and has the body piece, went out into rolanberry as drk/thf and did triple attack with his great sword.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

curse all of you for getting the body!!!

we got legs and head. No one wanted the head and thf won legs.

Quote Originally Posted by arlania
    curse all of you for getting the body!!!

we got legs and head. No one wanted the head and thf won legs.
    idk why the thief didn't want head, its like a free panther mask+1

a 15million gil value for the low low price of doing a bunch of apollyon runs!

Quote Originally Posted by chilicheese
    Quote Originally Posted by divisortheory
    it does give it, friend is a dark knight and has the body piece, went out into rolanberry as drk/thf and did triple attack with his great sword.
    Hmm, proof enough for me lol. I actually have the body, I'd really like to get an estimate on how often it procs, unfortunately I don't know the base proc rate for Triple Attack or I'd test it myself. If your DRK friend could test it, it would rock :D

It's a bit annoying to test Triple Attack proc rate, but what seems like the best to me is to just count the number of swings you do. If you use Windower (which you shouldn't cuz all 3rd party programs are evil!), but let's just say you did anyway, you could open a notepad window on the side and make it really narrow. then just watch yourself swing while exping on regular mobs. each attack round gets a new line in your notepad file, and you write down the number of swings you performed and press enter. 1, 2 (if you're /war), or 3. at the end your proc rate is number of 3s / number of lines. like

would be 18%

i'd ask my drk friend to test it but i seriously doubt his ability to count to 3

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If you want to test, you could do it the same way gradient tested Brutal Earring.

http://www.killingifrit.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=90259