Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Melee vs. tp attacks on the three kings

The three kings in general but Fafhog in specific. The current, prevailing wisdom in our shell is that tp in = tp out so we try to limit the amount of tp we give it by not dual wielding, using fewer melees and more blms, etc, etc... But, after doing a few of these fights war/nin tanking with Retributor/Ridill that just doesn't seem the case to me. I now find myself in the minority opinion about this so I'm asking people here. Has anyone noticed a significant increase in the amount of Fafnir wing spamming you get when you have more people beating on it? Or does he just seem to so what he wants when he wants regardless of what you do?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

One person dual wielding isn't going to make the difference. But throw every one of your melees at it, you'll notice it.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Faf/Nid have auto-tp, so I'm pretty sure its all just based on luck w/ wing spam. Hence why faf/nid can flail at anytime when hate is behind them and CoP wyrms, need tp to flail.

you do realize nukes give the mob TP, right? D: atleast that was my understanding

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

melee that's meleeing a king = waste of a slot.

kick&replace with mage

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Elemmire
    you do realize nukes give the mob TP, right? D: atleast that was my understanding
    10% per nuke...
    thats why I bitch at faggot rdm's who think they're cool by nuking for 20 dmg constantly.

that 5% chance that you get though unresisted doesnt justify giving it 200%TP in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    10% per nuke...
    thats why I bitch at faggot rdm's who think they're cool by nuking for 20 dmg constantly.

that 5% chance that you get though unresisted doesnt justify giving it 200%TP in the process.
    that's why this RDM doesn't nuke kings or HNMs (unless I'm solo-ing those rams XD) well.. that's one reason really.. others being I'm too busy XD

Edit: oh.. and btw.. melee can be decent as long as they can attack fast. Their DoT + poison + bio (or dia or, as I understand it, both stack for certain mobs) + something like Shock will virtually nullify a mobs insane Regen.

10% per nuke...

Either 1. Your RDM are stupid and nuke anytime (non SC) or just suck
    or
    2. You are stupid.

Fafnir/Nidhogg in a SC I get 90% chance of getting the spell in without resistance.

edit: yeah and I do my RDM work. "Fafnir is paralyzed" more than 50% of the time? No resists, you got it.

Too bad I quit. lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

10% per nuke...

No one bitches at this faggot RDM. Unless I'm distracted by a Galka in a subligar and forget to refresh...

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    10% per nuke...

No one bitches at this faggot RDM. Unless I'm distracted by a Galka in a subligar and forget to refresh...
    Hahahaha.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

As RDM i MB Thunder 3 for 800+ with about 50% accuracy. Usually around 400~800.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Alduere
    10% per nuke...

Either 1. Your RDM are stupid and nuke anytime (non SC) or just suck
    or
    2. You are stupid.

Fafnir/Nidhogg in a SC I get 90% chance of getting the spell in without resistance.

edit: yeah and I do my RDM work. "Fafnir is paralyzed" more than 50% of the time? No resists, you got it.

Too bad I quit. lol
    I dont think I'm stupid considering the rdm actually gloats about how their spell went in unresisted.

and lol@Sept -.-

Rdm nuking aside can someone actually answer the question I posted?

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by derzoll
    As RDM i MB Thunder 3 for 800+ with about 50% accuracy. Usually around 400~800.
    I quit using MAB at all and I burst 745 with like 90% accuracy. I got my one huge screenie of 945 Thunder3 with no weather/day and I'm done...back to effeciency now.

btw... Poison2 > all spells, gives no TP and provides insanely more damage than any "random" melee (outside of the skillchainers). Bio2 gives 10tp per cast but imo is still worth it.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by sweet
    Yeah there is a noticable difference.

Basically, mob receives TP received by melee + 3, and that goes for each hit (this explains why MNK's get +2438573082 subtle blow).

You will even notice a difference if you have 3 PLD meleeing with Earth staves. We were getting winged out the ass last night (like one every 10 seconds?) and had random melee's stop and drop to just tanks and the 2 SC'ers and it slowed down ALOT, like maybe 1 JA every 18-25 seconds.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by sweet
    Quote Originally Posted by webby
    Faf/Nid have auto-tp, so I'm pretty sure its all just based on luck w/ wing spam. Hence why faf/nid can flail at anytime when hate is behind them and CoP wyrms, need tp to flail.

see.. thing is.. with mobs that basically have auto-TP AND insane Regen.. you are just as good to have melee and DoT spells to counter their Regen. Plus, the melee can build TP fast that way and SC more. It's one way we've done Kirin in my LS and it has, so far, been the fastest.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Yeah they have auto-TP, but placing 5 random melees on it makes your wings go from 12 seconds apart to like 4.

E. Body
    BG Level

If you absolutely must have melees hitting wyrms, then please choose the melees who will actually do decent damage compared to the TP they give to the mob. SAM, WAR and I guess DRK are good choices whereas THF should just sub samurai and built TP with meditate.

Too bad a SMN and BLM can outdamage a melee's damage and give the mob far far less TP.

Xavier

see.. thing is.. with mobs that basically have auto-TP AND insane Regen.. you are just as good to have melee and DoT spells to counter their Regen. Plus, the melee can build TP fast that way and SC more. It's one way we've done Kirin in my LS and it has, so far, been the fastest.
    Thats true for Kirin except his question was about Fafnir/Nidhogg, which unlike Kirin, cannot be marathoned and have extremely gay weaponskills. Deadly hold can be blinked and Kirin's AOEs are magic based (gaIV/astral flow) so ya.

Meleeing fafnir is gay, just get a tank pt, and 9 blms 2 brds and a rdm and rape the shit out of him =)

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    Too bad a SMN and BLM can outdamage a melee's damage and give the mob far far less TP.
    I'm pretty sure that smart SMN give mobs 0 tp.