Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: December update     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    nothing NEEDS blm dmg, you just kill shit faster with more blm's.
    People have just fallen into that trap of a thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    Aspid NEEDS blm dmg. There are some mobs that need fuckoff instant damage to be dealt with w/o trouble. Why take an hour to fight something when it can take 15 minutes?
    lol

St. Fiat
    THE TIME FOR QUESTIONS
    HAS PASSED

BG Level

Hopefully they'll do something about all the bleeding assfucks who level their npcs on every single popular exp mob from 30-70.

I so hope blms get nerfed, I will laugh for so long
    They all have this holier than thou persona like:
    "You need me to do Desert Swarm, I get 50% of drops"
    or you could maybe go fuck yourself and get your own orb
    So yea it will be sweet WHEN, not if, it happens

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Alleya
    Hopefully they'll do something about all the bleeding assfucks who level their npcs on every single popular exp mob from 30-70.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrick
    Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    nothing NEEDS blm dmg, you just kill shit faster with more blm's.
    People have just fallen into that trap of a thought.

Aspid NEEDS blm dmg. There are some mobs that need fuckoff instant damage to be dealt with w/o trouble. Why take an hour to fight something when it can take 15 minutes?
    lol
    You bolded the wrong part. And conviently forget you have a certain amount of time to fight some mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Po

What a dumb reason to nerf a job. I've never even done Desert Swarm.

The only thing that needs BLM (or SMN) damage is the turtle KS99, and maybe Ouyou. Aspid is doable with weaponskills, although it would be annoying as fuck to do and take a ridiculous number of people.

A Magic Ham Sandwich
    BG Level

If BLM is nerfed all the melees are going to find that the difficulty/annoyance in obtaining the gear they want from HNMs will increase tenfold. BLMs won't have any trouble getting their endgame gear because the only thing one would really want is a drop off genbu, which has proven to be soloable by a rdm.

That was an example Kuno
    My point is blms are vain as hell and need to be brought back to reality

Sea Torques
    BG Level

how does blm's being brought back down to reality help anyone? just because someone is jealous/vindictive/ w/e doesn't mean that nerfing blm's is a decent answer.

I'm sorry, the attitude really bothers me that these blms have, and I am sure if they do get nerfed that SE will make the stuff that "needed" to be killed by blms killable in another way.

I honestly belive this is the attitude that killed RNG~

Sure, RNG were buff, but that was their niche. Some people endgame were unhappy, but honestly - how many of you complained that they made our lives easier with Chlevnik, Kirin, or Gods? Compare that to how many mid-level DRK's or DRG's couldn't get pt's because of RNG's and sent SE some emails (they had to take the suggestion from SOMEONE)

Honestly, on that note, RNG needs to be ungimped, or at least revised. Sure, make them less godly in EXP so that the people who originally wanted the gimp are happy. Don't kill it, because RNG need to lvl too. However... don't gimp it using a strategy that is also going to completely decimate its effectiveness on HNM. Sure, RNG can still hit from a distance, which is nice, and do "OK" damage... But i'm sure all of you from the HNM scene will agree RNG was just all out better before, even if it was 'overpowered'.

I feel the same way about BLM... and not just because its my main. If you take away your BLM damage, what do you have? Not much... And for what reason? Because a few peopel are unhappy that BLM's can do 1200 damage instantly? (8 seconds, really, not counting time it takes to get the MP for it) I honestly think BLM is balanced... I also view the sea manaburns they nerfed as balanced as well, but oh well. There simply arent enough end game PT's to accomodate the amount of BLM's there are, and it didn't much hurt anyone that the BLM's were getting more merits for their HNMLS. But what do I know, I'm only part of the 1% of the 'end game' FFXI population.

BTW - I'm main BLM, and I try not to hold any attitude. Yep, I know I can bust 1800 dmg on Fafnir in the right conditions. And yup, I know I'm gonna get owned if I do. I know there's some mobs I can't touch, and some I won't even try to go near. Some people are jackasses, though - that's a person problem, not a BLM job problem.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I've seen a LS with two blm's take aspi down to 5%. This was after having it stolen twice because people figured they were going to wipe, once by my old LS.

They wound up wiping at 5% because they wouldnt cooperate in us returning it to them and it went SSJ (instead of just letting someone in the party from their LS to take it back, they just bitched in say while getting fucked in the ass by it).

nerfing the sea manaburn xp was gay. the xp was worse than a war PT on deco's and worse than a KRT mnk pt.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Surely a simple way to deal with this is to decrease physical defense of HNM, but give them more HP. Kills would probably take the same amount of time, but the damage would be much more balanced. Look at exp PTs - melee can do consistently good damage to mobs that aren't stupidly higher than them in levels. Then just offset this with a change to TP system (possibly the 2% suggestion made earlier in the thread) and voila, people can melee HNM.

nerfing the sea manaburn xp was gay. the xp was worse than a war PT on deco's and worse than a KRT mnk pt.
    YES... Somebody understands, omfg...

However, this just strengthens my belief that SE is listening to the people who aren't really 'in the know' and complaining anyway. End gamers know about xp/hour. Mid lvl people who want to level faster don't always get this point, they see our screenshots of chain 500, don't realize that there's six other pt's on the server getting more exp with chain 10 onry, and write an email.

As I've said before, I really think thats something they SHOULD put in. Go /sea all 75... There simply arent enough camps to hold all those BLM, even if you cram 2 in a pt, and a few manaburns in KRT... Doesn't make sense to me.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You seriously need to get over yourself. Don't speak like you know how every person who plays BLM feels because you don't. Operation Desert Swarm is a joke of a BC and doable in a normal PT setup. Don't take greedy ppl with you when you BC... it's that simple. I'm sure before these BCs were released, people could only complain about the greedy BRD they brought for Mandragora BC40, now it's BLMs in KS30.

/nod

Problem with the person, not with the BLM.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Problem with the person, not with the BLM.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Re: December update

Quote Originally Posted by FFXIFlux
    Hopefully they'll completely revamp TP gain/loss and subtle blow.

Seriously, it would be nice for monks to, oh, I dunno, be able to actually use their melee weapons? If 18 people could engage a mob without giving it a TP attack every 2 seconds if those 18 include even a small fraction of melee, it would be nice.
    I'd really like them to adjust tp gain/loss as well.
    Its pretty silly for a MNK to punch stuff for 75 levels then end up being a strangely dressed, +mnd obsessed chiblast onry bitch at a lot of events.

I agree that more melee being able to hit something like fafhogg for damage and not getting served an all you can eat HWing buffet would be nice for a change.

Yeah, 4 blms deserve 50% of the drops. If you're too lazy to form a normal party to do it, then you only get half of the cut. It's that simple. You're paying for my time...I know I'm not about to go out there just to get your greedy ass a free v claw.

Seriously, it really pisses me of

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

wat would be a cool change would be seriously upping SC dmg(distortion / frag / fusion / grav... etc), and giving it stronger elemental properties..

so if u need "elemental dmg" (not blms) just do distortions for 600-1000 DMG. make 2H weapon SCs much stronger than 1H weapon too, or something to that effect.. i just think SC dmg is one aspect of the game that has gone to waste w/ cool potential to balance jobs and dmg roles.

also, i think its stupid that spamming rampage/vorpal/asuran/jin/slug w/e is nearly always better than making SCs. although depending on how the TP is flowing, asuran and jin spam ends up fusion anyway... and slug > jin pops out impactions (thunder4 MBs). There should be serious incentive to SC'ing at 75.

Up'ing the DMG on SCs is a good way to improve melee and give alternatives to (not nerf) BLMs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast