٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

December update

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/information/1116.html

The next version update is currently in development and is scheduled for release in mid-December. Planned content include:

-Additions to the Fellowship system
    -New areas
    -New quests
    -Additions and adjustments to the battle system
    -Additions to fishing
    ...and more additions and changes covering a wide range of activities!

In addition, this section (FINAL FANTASY XI main page "Topics") will soon undergo changes. The Topics section has traditionally been used to report version update information, as well as changes that are in development, as they are made public. Soon Topics will change to include comments from the developers on upcoming changes and more. We hope you enjoy the new format.
    The pictures on the front make it look like the Dynamis areas we found in the dat files a while back, although we wont see for sure till the update is out, and we can check for titles like "Dynamis-Qufim Interloper" etc.

Im excited more for dynamis than anything, and i FEAR what they're gonna do to the battle system, they better not change it drastically -_-

Elemental magic nerf in xp maybe?

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

BLM NERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRF

But its ok cause Nanako can lvl to 65 now.

Lol they better pull something HUGE out of their ass. Seriously I'd be panicing if I was hearing what the player-base is saying. (Yes I'm aware 75% are lower lvl people, 24% are gilfarmers and 1% is endgame players... but still)

Re: December update

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    Im excited more for dynamis than anything, and i FEAR what they're gonna do to the battle system, they better not change it drastically -_-

Elemental magic nerf in xp maybe?
    Maybe they finally figured out that mobs giving 2% TP when they hit you and getting 10% when you hit them is BROKEN, and AE damage is way over the top.

Hopefully they'll completely revamp TP gain/loss and subtle blow.

Seriously, it would be nice for monks to, oh, I dunno, be able to actually use their melee weapons? If 18 people could engage a mob without giving it a TP attack every 2 seconds if those 18 include even a small fraction of melee, it would be nice.

Instead they'll probably just make black magic spells give 60% TP or something.

New areas? Please god no. We're going to be another 2 years just farming Limbus, I don't need another 4 hours of my life every week getting pissed away on shit drop rates in new areas.

*edit* Well 2 of those pics look like Diablo and another Avatar. They said they had "nice things" coming for summoners or some such, so maybe the "new areas" will be BC fights for 2 new avatars... New? armor on the buddy maybe they're upping the level cap or something, who knows. As for the palm tree with the dark sky... Just say NO to dynamis-valkurm's.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

-New areas
    Is all I can bring myself to be excited about...almost.

Is it me or does SE want me to go fucking broke every time I enter a 'new area.' Who didn't see at least 1-2 mil spent on meds alone through CoP chapters? And GJ making Limbus cost 900k for substantially less time/rewards than Dynamis-Bastok.

Next thing you know Dynamis-Valkurm is going to be 20 cap, require 2 million to enter, and drop 3 things per run, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Correction
    -New areas
    ... and drop 3 things per run, maybe.
    Which makes it no different than existing Dynamis areas. Woot.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

If SE releases level capped Dynamises, expect alot of un-happy campers.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

FUCK THE VANGUARD BOGY JUST WIPED US!!!!!!!

If SE releases level capped Dynamises, expect alot of un-happy campers.
    You wont see me there.

i donno about new avatars, the pics i see are just diablos to be associated with new dynamis areas and bahamut. and dynamis valkrum definately looks capped considering those people are wearing crapping armor and using low lvl weps.

haha i love it.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Llane

Quote Originally Posted by mdn
    FUCK THE VANGUARD BOGY JUST WIPED US!!!!!!!
    LOL

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I predict:

The damage calculation for the following weapon skills has been adjusted: Asuran Fists, Rampage

or

The effectiveness of Sneak Attack when used in conjuction with two-handed weapopns has been adjusted

and dynamis valkrum definately looks capped considering those people are wearing crapping armor and using low lvl weps.
    You mean the palmtree is wearing low lvl weapons? Only thing in the Valkurm Dunes pic is a palmtree... the one near it is of an NPC in Xarc or Uleg. Range.

o yeah my bad they are in xarc.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

Un-nerf RNGS!!

Sea Torques
    BG Level

nerf SA on 2hnd. weapons so they all level war or mnk.

nerf blm so that they all level mnk or war.

nerf war so everyone levels mnk.

nerf mnk so everyone quits the game.

or....

balace out classes - TP gain, damage output, etc. Make melee's a bit more desirable in HNM's and lower level exp.

nerf SA on 2hnd. weapons so they all level war or mnk.

nerf blm so that they all level mnk or war.

nerf war so everyone levels mnk.

nerf mnk so everyone quits the game.
    I lol'ed.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

seriously as a career thf this TP gain issue has really made me cry T.T
    our swings per hit is weak no matter how much i tweak my gears. and if i got with speed setup with +haste the mob will literally spam its TP move every 10 secs.

seriously last time i PT at ulli camp with drk/nin, mnk/war, nin/war, me thf/nin the mob was spamming its TP move every 10 secs !!!. i was fortunately enough to have a great tank in kasuke to keep things in hold but i felt so sorry for him. and mages have to do much more to take care of him than when he pt with some other ppl. i have seen my friend's drk/thf lvled there with a regular pt with pld/sam/drk/blm/rdm/whm and i can safely say the golem uses its TP move no more than 5 times per fight.

thf's meelee per hit is already low to begin with due to our low dmg daggers, and even str doesn't help that much. and if we cant compensate our low meelee hits with more rounds (i.e. go with haste setup) we cant even compare with other DDs

hope SE can fix the whole mob TP gain issue and make thfs more playable endgame.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Mifaco
    I predict:

The damage calculation for the following weapon skills has been adjusted: Asuran Fists, Rampage
    Man, fuck that.

Asura is underpowered anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Russta
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifaco
    I predict:

Man, fuck that.

Asura is underpowered anyway.
    On anything that isn't VT bones, even then gimp MNKs can't break 800, I remember my first Asuran doing 500 Damage

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast