Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

Question on mob tp gain vs melee hits?

Hi, kind of curious about something... I know you guys are all saying mobs get 10% tp per melee hit, and in the mercurial kris thread were all slappin on thieves that would use this.

So, I decided to go out yesterday and while camping tonnberry for white steel to check out some numbers. It took about 30 swings before the tonnberry would use a tp attack, around 30 times in a row. Sometimes it would take 20 swings + dancing edge (Test was done with blau dolch/merc kris + nin sj (yes subtle blow) no other subtle blow items used) By 10% tp per hit you'd think it would go off every 10 hits. Am I missing something? unless subtle blow is that good Is it only HNM that applies to? Or maybe higher end mobs...

There are false prophets among us,
    who bring in damnable heresies,
    and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ner'zhul

Mob gains (Your TP gain + 2) for each hit. So dagger hits that give 5 TP return to the user, give the mob 7 TP. This isn't counting Subtle Blow, which reduces it by a fraction.

Mobs also don't always use their tp as soon as they hit 100%. Stuff like the Wyrms tend to use it when they hit 100 tp when they are at ~30% health or less

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Palin
    Mob gains (Your TP gain + 2) for each hit. So dagger hits that give 5 TP return to the user, give the mob 7 TP. This isn't counting Subtle Blow, which reduces it by a fraction.
    wasn't it +3?

10 TP is from any spell that does damage, it's not related to melee hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Posterboy
    Mobs also don't always use their tp as soon as they hit 100%. Stuff like the Wyrms tend to use it when they hit 100 tp when they are at ~30% health or less
    Exactly what he said.

Re: Question on mob tp gain vs melee hits?

Quote Originally Posted by Slott
    Hi, kind of curious about something... I know you guys are all saying mobs get 10% tp per melee hit, and in the mercurial kris thread were all slappin on thieves that would use this.

So, I decided to go out yesterday and while camping tonnberry for white steel to check out some numbers. It took about 30 swings before the tonnberry would use a tp attack, around 30 times in a row. Sometimes it would take 20 swings + dancing edge (Test was done with blau dolch/merc kris + nin sj (yes subtle blow) no other subtle blow items used) By 10% tp per hit you'd think it would go off every 10 hits. Am I missing something? unless subtle blow is that good Is it only HNM that applies to? Or maybe higher end mobs...
    Most XP mobs will wait to use TP until well after 100% while they have high health. You'll notice few TP moves in the first 50% of it's life but when it gets closer to death they'll go off much more frequently as it will use it as soon as it's at 100% then.

You have to remember too, when you have an alliance and 12 people are hitting the mob they'll do your 30 swings in 4 seconds...

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It's +3 as documented here.

Edit:
    Oh and to add like has been said, mobs don't use their TP as soon as they get 100% necessarily unless they get low on life. It's easy to see this as BLM for instance... if I swing at a mob enough times to give it 100tp, it does nothing, then I nuke it with something to bring it's HP to around 20% or so and as soon as the spell lands it uses a TP attack.

You could try something similar as a melee making sure you have enough tp to WS, engage a fresh mob and hit it enough to where it should have tp, then WS it to low health which will trigger a WS from it.

There are false prophets among us,
    who bring in damnable heresies,
    and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ner'zhul

Quote Originally Posted by nivlakian
    It's +3 as documented here.
    Ah my bad, from what I remember from past reports it was +2, I stand corrected.

First ~80% hp the mob will randomly use tp whenever it attacks if tp > 100%(does being attacked also trigger this?). Last ~20% it uses tp whenever it has 100%.

The faster you get the mob to >= 100tp the more tp moves you will see, period.