+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: FFXII - SE is mean     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sekkite
    FFTA was horrible.
    Compared to FFT, everything styled after it was either meh or horrible (Kartia, Disega?, Stella Dues, looking forward to Suikoden Tactics, though). It's right up there with FF7, Xenogears, Chrono Trigger, and Secret of Mana in my book. I used to "Jesus Battle" FFT, just Ramza through the whole game. ^^

FFTA was hot because of Red Mages and Blue Mages. They're my favorite jobs and they were totally broken in FFTA. The Judge Point Combos were fun to watch too, but as I said, candy coated story.

Back to the discussion at hand:

1: SQUARE-Enix (Enix's got ok games, but that's just how I see it.)

2: FF-XII is gonna be the hotness, no doubt. I've gotta pick up that demo! ^^

3: KH2, as much as I loved the first one, is gonna be a letdown I think because it seems too over-hyped for a game most are gonna beat in 10 hours max.

KH2 won't be a letdown, unless SE do something completely stupid and change everything good about KH (although camera could use some work).

All you Enix haters can just die.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Omaedon
    Quote Originally Posted by Sekkite
    FFTA was hot because of Red Mages and Blue Mages. They're my favorite jobs and they were totally broken in FFTA. The Judge Point Combos were fun to watch too, but as I said, candy coated story.
    lol Gunner w/ mog knight Ultima Charge Abitlity ownz hehe

the best part i loved about FFTA was that DRG were insanely
    Jump & Bangaa Cry useful/powerful
    and RDM had doublecast

lol RDM w/SMN "sub" was pimping, lol

hell my Bangaa Dragoon pretty much did all the dmg to Queen Remi & her other forms lol
    i kinda screwed up on the law day and my other chars were in prison being pardon and the game doesnt really say uh oh you cant turn back! when ya get to the boss fight D:

i wish you got the chance to name your party members D: like in the ps1 tactics

but yeah i wish SE would make a PSP or Console FF tactics D:
    grrr for a FFXI Tactics for handheld haha pre nerfs

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Drenden

I just bought DQ8 for the demo of FF12 in it...and...

Final Fantasy XII (at least the demo) has one of the smoothest battle engines I've ever seen in a single player RPG.

FF12 is absolutely similiar to FFXI - very similiar.

If the game is anything like the demo, it was well worth the wait.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Cant wait for KH2 I'll get FFXII aswell. FFXII 4 years and counting....>.>

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Drenden

It was really cool to see the little similiarties. Let's face it, FFXI did alot of things right in a role playing game.

Some noteable things I saw (bear in mind, the demo is like, maybe 10 minutes long of playtime if that).

1. Spawning a NM (had to kill 3 placeholders for the cutscene to trigger)
    2. Prebuffing prior to fighting (not struggling to give up 1 or 2 turns getting shell/pro up once it started)
    3. Status Icons showing which buffs were on (positive and negative)
    4. Distance in the fight. My "ranger" was standing far away popping shots off. See next one.
    5. Noticeably different delays to weapons depending on strength. The ranger was much slower, but hit for like 450 a shot. This definately means that in the full version, you can look for lower delay weapons as an advantageous move.
    6. EXP chains. Nuff said =)
    7. Multi hit combos, which processed on their own. (Tripple attack, etc.)
    8. Links/aggro
    9. A combat log which showed everything you'd expect it to, minus
    "/p Your fight is with me n00b! <Provoke> lol"
    10. Positions - sneak attack was not an option for me, however, it seems that where you stand will be an important part of the strategy.
    11. Jobs - when my HP was low, one of my party members always began to Cure me. It was in their gambit (aka, script). One of my party members held hate using an ability I didn't catch the name of (Provoke).
    12. Mob respawn
    13. Elementals!! They're back =D
    14. Coffers, just ALOT more of them in 12. Every level has 10+, and the best thing I got was a hi-potion

This was all within 10 minutes of playing.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Onizuka
    Cant wait for KH2 I'll get FFXII aswell. FFXII 4 years and counting....>.>
    Its because they have spent all thier time making FFXI better.

FFT was badass because of the design, the amazing story, the great battles, and the badass player development...

FFTA was just plain fun as hell

in my opinion, FFT totally owns FFTA but both were great and FFTA was a lot of fun to play... but Ivalice was completely different in both games and I imagine FFXII Ivalice will have little in common with either one... but closer to FFTA since it has the same races and things like judges. I'll forever stand by FF games.... because they are good in their own way usually...

I forgot the point of my post, oh well

Xavier

I don't really like ff12s battles system either, having just finished playing the demo a second time.

Its so similar to FFXI..which I view as a drawback because (and start calling me lazy as fk) it complicates the battlesystem too much. I enjoyed switching to a dif window and basically using minimal strategy and smashing the enter button over and over and having the game take care of things for me. The core of Final Fantasy games have always been the stories + characters, and the new system is basically going to force a lot of attention to the fighting...HOW CAN I PLAY AT 3AM on 2hrs of sleep now? TELL ME HOW!

But in all seriousness, I enjoyed the past battlesystems a lot more, I think the new one is just too time consuming..but who are we kidding, nobody who plays FFXI or any other MMO will have the time for a single player game

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    But in all seriousness, I enjoyed the past battlesystems a lot more, I think the new one is just too time consuming..but who are we kidding, nobody who plays FFXI or any other MMO will have the time for a single player game
    It's obvious you aren't trying enough, in the past 2-3months I've finished Xenogears, Parasite Eve, Threads of Fate, RE4, AC4 and 5 SO1 2 and 3, FFIX (well, kinda since I started from the 3rd disc) and numerous other American PS1 games (cause I got my friends NA PS1 <3).

Xavier

Well, its partically because there haven't been that many good PS2 rpgs either.

I played through Xenogears about a year ago and still loved every minute of it. PS1 RPGs for the win.

yeah... PS2 is lacking in the RPG department, PS1 had so many fucking good RPGs, I played Xenogears as soon as I got it and it was amazing...

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaru
    All Final Fantasy's are amazing in their own little way. (Just how little is the variable, here... I'd say the only good part about FFX-2 for example was a half-decent combat system that I'd like to see again [which seems to carry on a tad to FF12, I saw a screeny with an attack 'chaining' as they did in X-2])

Will definitely buy it, <3 Square. Not enix. Enix sux. <3 Square though.
    Sorry, but I'm gonna have to assassinate you for that comment, Enix are fucking hot,blahblah
    I Disagree. Enix ruined FFXI ;(

FFXI when it was Just them, gave us FFXI and RoZ, both were perffffect. Then Enix merges, and enix had dabbled in FFXI, and created the atrocity known as CoP. Everyone knows CoP sucks including the devs, and it's Enix's fault ^_^.

Lightning crystal > SE, remove the enix.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

In a non-HNM standpoint, CoP owns the rest of the game.

Exping at 75:
    Sky: Deco weapons: 1 mob, 1 job
    or Aura Weapons: 1 mob, 1 annoying job
    or Aura Statues: 1 mob, 1 job
    or KRT: drg/rng/thf basically useless, 2 mobs, 2 jobs I think

CoP: U.Range: 3 mobs, 5-6 jobs
    Lufaise: 2 mobs, 2 jobs (crappy, but they can actually kill people, unlike weapons)
    Capped areas to gain merits in: Riverne A/B, Pho Ducts, etc.
    Sea: 3 mob types, 12 different jobs. Every single pull is different. I can handle exping for hours on end in sea in most cases, it gets way too boring at the other areas.

I can't wait to hear more on FFXII...I can't exactly afford it yet, and whenever I get a job I'll lose playing time on FFXI, so FFXII would be even more playing time lost. So we'll see how things go with that.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike
    In a non-HNM standpoint, CoP owns the rest of the game.

Exping at 75:
    Sky: Deco weapons: 1 mob, 1 job
    or Aura Weapons: 1 mob, 1 annoying job
    or Aura Statues: 1 mob, 1 job
    or KRT: drg/rng/thf basically useless, 2 mobs, 2 jobs I think

CoP: U.Range: 3 mobs, 5-6 jobs
    Lufaise: 2 mobs, 2 jobs (crappy, but they can actually kill people, unlike weapons)
    Capped areas to gain merits in: Riverne A/B, Pho Ducts, etc.
    Sea: 3 mob types, 12 different jobs. Every single pull is different. I can handle exping for hours on end in sea in most cases, it gets way too boring at the other areas.

I can't wait to hear more on FFXII...I can't exactly afford it yet, and whenever I get a job I'll lose playing time on FFXI, so FFXII would be even more playing time lost. So we'll see how things go with that.
    Getting to sea itself is a joke. I loved zilart, the reward of completing the ZM's was getting sky, and getting sky wasnt so treacherous. I'm on 6-4 right now after being on 5-3 for 6 months. However I did all the ZM's in 2 days. I liked it better that way. CoP throws you in capped zone after capped zone, making you rebuy gear and fill your inventory with useless junk for capped zones.
    Why on earth let us level all the way to 75 just to take us back to a capped zone where we are weakened again? I dont see this as an original strategy, I see it as poorly designed missions. If sea acess is the reward, and there's nothign but VT-IT mobs in sea, then what's the point of even capping the missions so low for low levels to be able to eventually acess them? There's no logic for them other than them becoming part of a strategy, quite a shitty strategy mindyou.

I know CoP isnt impossible to do, but it's just soooooo much struggle/effort compared to Zilart, and you get less of a reward out of it.

Also - I dont know ANYONE who makes a exp pt in a capped zone for limit points.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaru
    All Final Fantasy's are amazing in their own little way. (Just how little is the variable, here... I'd say the only good part about FFX-2 for example was a half-decent combat system that I'd like to see again [which seems to carry on a tad to FF12, I saw a screeny with an attack 'chaining' as they did in X-2])

Will definitely buy it, <3 Square. Not enix. Enix sux. <3 Square though.
    Sorry, but I'm gonna have to assassinate you for that comment, Enix are fucking hot,blahblah
    I Disagree. Enix ruined FFXI ;(

FFXI when it was Just them, gave us FFXI and RoZ, both were perffffect. Then Enix merges, and enix had dabbled in FFXI, and created the atrocity known as CoP. Everyone knows CoP sucks including the devs, and it's Enix's fault ^_^.

Lightning crystal > SE, remove the enix.
    Enix doesn't do much when it comes to Squares games (maybe a couple of developers, artists and writers MAYBE) like Square doesn't have much to do with Enix, you can't blame Enix for Square picking shitty Directors and stuff like that, also I can't blame Square for Enix making SO3's story shitty (but it's still a hot game).

CoP being shit is the fault of Square, I don't see how Enix has much leeway in the games progression, sure they will be partly to blame, but it is STILL Squares game so they will be MOST responsible for fucking it up.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Enix doesn't do much when it comes to Squares games (maybe a couple of developers, artists and writers MAYBE) like Square doesn't have much to do with Enix, you can't blame Enix for Square picking shitty Directors and stuff like that, also I can't blame Square for Enix making SO3's story shitty (but it's still a hot game).

CoP being shit is the fault of Square, I don't see how Enix has much leeway in the games progression, sure they will be partly to blame, but it is STILL Squares game so they will be MOST responsible for fucking it up.
    Quoted for truth. Just because the companies merged doesn't mean that they go into each others buildings and start demanding changes on the others games.

Enix developers still make the Enix games (Star Ocean, DQ, etc.) and Square developers still make the Square games (FF, etc.) They're all just under one company now.

And as for FF12, I also think it sucked. Turn based battles are soo much better for regular RPGs. I hate having monsters attacking me while I'm browsing through spell and item lists. I hope that it has a really good story to make up for it, but I kind of doubt it. :/

Why on earth let us level all the way to 75 just to take us back to a capped zone where we are weakened again?

Well you forget, not everyone in FF is level 75. Prehaps SE wanted to make their new expansion avilable to even the newer players, and not just higher levels. Zilart was very easy and easy to complete, and although I enjoy the fact that is was much less of a nuiscence than CoP was, I would have to admit, if I worked a few years on an story line and people beat it in 2 days, looking at it like a joke, I would be pretty pissed off.

I actually enjoyed CoP missions (except when I wiped, of course), they were a pretty good story. Of course, if you want story, I suppose you should turn to one-player console games, and not MMORPGs.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Varnx
    Why on earth let us level all the way to 75 just to take us back to a capped zone where we are weakened again?

Well you forget, not everyone in FF is level 75. Prehaps SE wanted to make their new expansion avilable to even the newer players, and not just higher levels. Zilart was very easy and easy to complete, and although I enjoy the fact that is was much less of a nuiscence than CoP was, I would have to admit, if I worked a few years on an story line and people beat it in 2 days, looking at it like a joke, I would be pretty pissed off.

I actually enjoyed CoP missions (except when I wiped, of course), they were a pretty good story. Of course, if you want story, I suppose you should turn to one-player console games, and not MMORPGs.
    No I hadnt forgotten that everyone isnt 75, which i explain later in my paragraph and i'll repeat again.

If the rewards for having finished the CoP missions is sea acess, a land where all monsters are DC-VT-IT to lvl75'ers , then why the hell are there missions for lvl30's and lvl40's if they're just gonna be tied down to level up to finish off the missions? Last I checked a pt of low 60's cant kill tenzen in the last fight, so when that nooby party finally gets there, they'll be forced to level up just to get closer to 70.

Poor excecution. Zilart was perfect you can start doing the missions whenever, but it was optimal for lvl60+'s to do it, and in Sky there's mobs you can start xp'ing off in the 60's, CoP got much better after 5-3, now there's a non-retarded cap of 60, but I still think it was one of the most poorly excecuted thing's i've seen done in a MMO.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

FFXII's battle system being like FFXI's is a good thing to me. Hopefully, it'll ween me off my 3 year FFXI habit...