+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

To use a shield dont you have to not be using a light staff? )___)

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    To use a shield dont you have to not be using a light staff? )___)
    Asklepios >_>

He said he was fooling around as a whm/drk. My guess was he was using strike sheild and darksteel maul to do souleater + hexa strike like geno said. Doing something like that would make something like this very possible so I doubt he's lieing.

On his first ever byakko? I can see doing that on your 40th.

haha people want to screw around with genbu, suzaku, seiryu... sure go for it, but that would be the day i was thrilled with a whm that wanted to souleater hexastrike byakko lol.

But as a side note, in our LS a whm Dragonb used to sub DRK all the time. We were up in sky litterly every day and alot of times with only like 3-5 of us farming, and like 6-8 of us fighting the lesser ones. So it was very helpful. And i could honestly say, him doing that, and how good he was in the stun rotation with our ls's only blm and our DRK was prolly why we usually only had the 1 NIN tank there.

And it's totally possible to have 1 NIN tank any of the four gods really. Aiame did it all the time. But had max merits (and not taking bullshit ones just to cap it), and the stuns would be counting shadows along with her to make sure to be ready for an emergency stun. IMO Tanking is 50% skill, and 50% skill of your support players.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

IMO Tanking is 99% skill of your support players and 1% not being fucking retarded.

And I say that as a tank.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

lol Byakko isnt that hard, with enough A: skill or B: WHMs, you can have a PLD or NIN solo tank him the entire time, and yea PLD can tank him just fine. i remember my first byakko when i tanked in full adaman and i didnt die, but i think there were about 4 WHMs there too =/

PLD can solo tank byakko forever if they have 2 SMNs in pt to just spam skin/blink, i've done this method too and the only person that died was an overzealous RNG that spammed Slug Shot one too many times

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dirian
    IMO Tanking is 99% skill of your support players and 1% not being fucking retarded.

You know that was rather well put.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Isildur
    lol Byakko isnt that hard, with enough A: skill or B: WHMs, you can have a PLD or NIN solo tank him the entire time, and yea PLD can tank him just fine. i remember my first byakko when i tanked in full adaman and i didnt die, but i think there were about 4 WHMs there too =/

PLD can solo tank byakko forever if they have 2 SMNs in pt to just spam skin/blink, i've done this method too and the only person that died was an overzealous RNG that spammed Slug Shot one too many times
    personally I think pld solo tank is the easiest way to do byakko, but then the LS I used to do it with had 2 whms and 4-6 rdms on any given run.

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by XxSlusherxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Isildur

personally I think pld solo tank is the easiest way to do byakko, but then the LS I used to do it with had 2 whms and 4-6 rdms on any given run.
    personally I think having 17 blms to thundaga III and 1 rdm/drk to chainspell stun is the easiest way to do byakko

byakko hits for like 90 with food =\ Not very hard to solo tank it as a nin at all.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    personally I think having 17 blms to thundaga III and 1 rdm/drk to chainspell stun is the easiest way to do byakko
    You'll see a sliver of his life since Byakko's a WHM, his magic def bonus kicks in often and you only do 200-600 dmg >_>

Genbu is a different story >:D I basically tank genbu with the tanks ;) I provoke with ThunderIV

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by mdn
    i tanked the shit out of it, but i'm absolutely amazing and probaby the best ffxi player across all servers, so don't get too upset if your ninjas can't
    Heh pretty bold there.... anyway back to the substance of the thread

With a BRD constantly singing 2x march (not really even needed) and -dmg gear (ultimately taking less dmg than a PLD) of course it can be done. Pop a tav taco and defender and you get hit for about 90-110. Ive done it a few times but usually have PLD and NIN dual tank it. Pretty impressive though that a RDM can tank it for that long. I know a guy that tanks Genbu as RDM/WAR on Carbuncle and is absolutely rediculous.

Amen

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

As a Paladin perhaps, it takes a bit more skill to tank well as a Ninja. I do agree with the fundamentals of what you say though.