BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WAR merits [weapon]     submit to reddit submit to twitter

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

WAR merits [weapon]

ummm yea Im about done with get Double atk max out in merits I was thinking about puting some merits into weapons

but the thing is what all i need put them in cause there 1 hand axe GA and sword any know what and how many i need put into these

i was wondering im taking my mnk to 75 to and will i have any room left put like points into hand to hand?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

merits into weapons are useless and only reason to do is get ws earlier.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Six points total in weapons. That is between all jobs.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I've been told if you get Ridill go all sword, if not I guess axe?

ridill+joyeuse=sword

axes=axes

Six points total in weapons. That is between all jobs.
    Actually its 9 points total in Combat Skills. 6 in ONE weapon type. So you could go 6 Sword, 3Axe. Or 3axe, 3sword, and 3H2H (if you doing MNK).

Regardless whatever your role in your LS is, I'd say build up on that. If WAR is just a merit point whore for you, go Axe/sword. If you do alot of HNMs with /THF definately go for the Great Axe Skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Cohibu
    merits into weapons are useless and only reason to do is get ws earlier.
    wow what an idiot

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

well it was meant to have some sarcasticness to it but call me an idiot i guess, but i dont notice a difference
    http://img15.imgspot.com/u/05/321/03...1132303502.JPG

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Adding to skill increases Attack and Accuracy, it damn well does something.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Maybe has something to do with it being in ranged? Cuz for melee, capped combat merits makes a HUGE difference. I'm sitting on +24 sword skill and the difference is phenominal. Expecially H2H merits, since H2H skill directly impacts the DMG on a weapon.

And yeah, it's rather strait foward...merit what you use. Since you plan on leveling MNK, I would say put 6 into H2H do to just how awesome H2H merits are, then put the remaining three into axe or sword.

Great Axe merits aren't really that great though. I used to have 3 merits in it when I was just used as a SATA+Steel Cyclone bitch and it didn't really have that big of an impact. Combat skill levels effect DoT more then big-shot WSs, and that's basically all Great Axe is.

each weapon upgrade u do adds 2acc and 2att....so not worthless, but imo, very very good.... so 6 upgrads in 1 skill = 12att 12 acc.... and really dosent cost much but ur time....unlike a peacock charm that gives 10acc for 18mil, so yea..very very good

Sea Torques
    BG Level

if youre going GA and you use that for steel cyclone only, that would add up few numbers but you dont steel cyclone every 4 seconds..id rather put it in axe so i can put it more to use in pts or clearing adds for example..

and plus, youre steel cyclone dont need accuarcy, its already SATA'ed so you'll only benfit from that extra 2 attack you're getting..

mnk h2h skill maxed out shows you real big diffrence if you ever do KRT pts and you're asuran fists will have more accuarcy to it..

and i would say, choose one and max it out so you can really feel a diffrence

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Merits do make a difference, I have +6 katana skill and I notice each upgrade as I get it, so unless you're a little slow, you'll notice it. The difference when you get 6 merits in a weapon is significant. Just think of it this way, it's +12 skill, which is give or take 2-3 levels for a lot of weapons. This means you're hitting at level 77/78 when you're 75. And thus, there is a difference.

As Nny was saying, a WAR75 in my LS meritied 6 H2H upgrades for when he was leveling MNK...he was a beast. So if you want to do something like that it's an awesome idea...but expect to die a lot if you're doing it on MNK

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ankiseth
    Merits do make a difference, I have +6 katana skill and I notice each upgrade as I get it, so unless you're a little slow, you'll notice it. The difference when you get 6 merits in a weapon is significant. Just think of it this way, it's +12 skill, which is give or take 2-3 levels for a lot of weapons. This means you're hitting at level 77/78 when you're 75. And thus, there is a difference.

As Nny was saying, a WAR75 in my LS meritied 6 H2H upgrades for when he was leveling MNK...he was a beast. So if you want to do something like that it's an awesome idea...but expect to die a lot if you're doing it on MNK
    i dont die, i tank better than you do ...sometimes ;x

hijack
    ninjas are really good tankers, but monks evasion and haste really saves them..if you do enough damage and hold hate with sj ninja... throw haste gear on and some evasion ..voila

St. Fiat
    THE TIME FOR QUESTIONS
    HAS PASSED

BG Level

What weapon do you use the most? Merit that.

For non-monks/rangers the effect is, at its most basic level, accuracy and base atk. However, raising your weapon skill directly effects the baseline of your damage curve, effectively raising the minimum amount of damage you can do to high/flat def mobs in particular. What this means, essentially, is that you will recieve no diminishing returns and your damage potential will go up linearly if you raise the skill on your weapon of choice.

For monks, their damage calculation is directly effected by their hand-to-hand skill. They arguably get the greatest use out of skill merits because of it.

For rangers, I never bothered to study ranged calculations or damages, and anything I knew before is probably obsolete since the calculation was changed and the sweet spot added. It's most likely just a combination of accuracy and damage cap.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by royze
    i dont die, i tank better than you do ...sometimes ;x

hijack
    ninjas are really good tankers, but monks evasion and haste really saves them..if you do enough damage and hold hate with sj ninja... throw haste gear on and some evasion ..voila
    Heh, it wasn't me I was referring to, it was a guy who had +12 H2H on his MNK from level 65 on or so. Not sure he did die much but he definitely pushed the envelope.

But as you're saying, MNK is 3rd highest evasion, if they sub NIN they acturally perform very very well in Weapon parties and stuff, I've had some do it and it was fantastic.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

thank ya for the help its been a big help to :D