+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Packin more heat than spicy
    8=====>

BG Level

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

I went to the midnight movie tonight. I must say.. this is probably the best movie so far. Go see it. It's somewhat emotional towards the end. If you've read the book, you already know why, but I think they did a good job on capturing the ... tragedy that occurs.

Gogo. GO see it this weekend.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Yes it was a very awesome movie, I saw it at midnight as well. Now this is gonna get really good for part V!

~Ayla

Relic Shield
    BG Level

How long is the movie? And did they have to cut a lot out of the book? I was surprised when I read that this just became the most expensive movie ever made.

8=====>

BG Level

2hours 40 mins.

Book 4 and 5 are huge. Of course they have to cut a bit to make it into a movie, but they did indeed do a good job.

I never really liked Harry Potter much but why would it be so emotional? Snape kills Dumbeldore? XD (as I've seen 5 million times on YTMND)

Quote Originally Posted by Elemmire
    I never really liked Harry Potter much but why would it be so emotional? Snape kills Dumbeldore? XD (as I've seen 5 million times on YTMND)
    I was gonna say that >.>

8=====>

BG Level

Wrong book. This is Goblet of Fire, not Half-Blood Prince. Dumbledore isn't dead yet.

Unless you've read the books, don't make fun of it. I started reading the books when I was like 14. Just b/c I'm almost 22 now doesn't make me too cool to admit I like Harry Potter.

The kid that plays Harry is getting kinda hot.

Us British guys are hot 8)

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Movied ruled.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

you guys spoiled the end of the new book for me >.<;;

The first harry potter came out 8 years ago? No way... was it only just discovered years later or something. Seems strange.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrah
    The first harry potter came out 8 years ago? No way... was it only just discovered years later or something. Seems strange.
    yeah, the hype didn't start until the 4th book was released.

Banned.

BG Level

ima see this tomorrow D:

the guy playing Dumbledor or however name is spelt is a different actor isn't he? has to be, previous guy had that raspy voice, was in that movie the Count of Monte Crisco (sp?) (good movie)

Did the original actor pass away, or just replaced?

Plus I rather enjoyed the movie, and John Malchovich (sp?) as the big bad V, nice.

My only problem was that it seemed a bit rushed along, and I'm guessing thats on account that the book was huge. I havent read the books so thats my guesstimation.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

The other Dumbledore died. And John Malkovich? I thought is was that dude from Quiz Show.

Quote Originally Posted by Janice
    The other Dumbledore died. And John Malkovich? I thought is was that dude from Quiz Show.
    Original died between the first and second movie I believe, and not by Snape I believe it was some sort of cancer. He was replaced by the guy who was the old Emperor from Gladiator (Marcus Aurelius?)

8=====>

BG Level

Died after 2nd movie. I believe it was his death and the castle catching on fire that delayed the third movie.

Voldemort is Ralph Fienes, not John Malkovich

and I want to see this, but I think I'll wait until tomorrow to watch it with my sister when I go home for "Thanksgiving Dinner"

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I liked but didn't care for the third movie as much as I did the first two. The different castle setting I don't think was as good as the first two. The fourth book, is in my opinion, the best of the series. I will definitely be seeing this.

I'm not a big fan of Harry Potter really :\ interesting and I'll watch it if I can watch it for free. I read the first-third books (well.. half way through) and I just didn't wanna bother anymore. It'll never live up to Dune or Lord of The Rings as I read those and don't get me started on how much the British suck D: