+ Reply to Thread
    Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Drenden

Is fishing truely THIS nerfed?

After trying to raise my fishing skill for a couple hours, the game will not allow me to even hook a fish at all, zoning or not. I have tried FOUR completely different zones.

Is this some new system I didn't know about? I've been trying for over an hour, approx. 100+ casts of my line, and constantly "you were unable to catch anything".

This is so fucking stupid. I pay to play a video game for a couple hours when I'm bored, find something fun, and they pull this.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

as it happened i was talking to a GM about a totally unrelated issue, and when he said is there anything else i can help you with, i told him to get rid of my fishing fatigue!! After so many casts you get fishing fatigued, there is a limit to how many catches you can get per day, and the fatigue does not reset until 12:00am japan time... so he just told me I had to wait until the next day and there was nothin he could do. If your problem is occuring before you've already fished for a while then I dunno what to tell you. Zoning none of that works anymore to get rid of fishing fatigue, they changed it with that fishing update that makes you actually have to fight for the fish.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Drenden

I've been fishing for over 2-3 hours. About 20 stacks worth, before I was unable to anymore.

So when does it reset for EST, noon?

I'm so fucking disgusted with Square-Enix and final fantasy xi at this point. I have so many better ways to spend my time, and when I do feel like playing for an hour or two, I don't want to deal with these childish moronic rules. Anything I want to do is either being done by 14 other people, plus 8 or 9 wwwwwjaps, or is limited by big brother Square.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You can only catch a certain amount of fish every day, then you don't get anything. Every JP midnight it gets reset.

And yes, it's really retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerseyprophet
    I've been fishing for over 2-3 hours. About 20 stacks worth, before I was unable to anymore.

So when does it reset for EST, noon?

I'm so fucking disgusted with Square-Enix and final fantasy xi at this point. I have so many better ways to spend my time, and when I do feel like playing for an hour or two, I don't want to deal with these childish moronic rules. Anything I want to do is either being done by 14 other people, plus 8 or 9 wwwwwjaps, or is limited by big brother Square.
    11 am EDT

blax n gunz
    BG Level

You're allowed to fish the weighted equivalent of 200 moat carp every single IRL day (resets at midnight JP time, which is PDT+17 hours).

by weighted of course I mean some fish are heavier than moat carp, so it's variable depending on the weight of what you're targetting and what actually bites on your rod. Some other things to note:

Items do not seem to add much towards your total. I've caught 200 fish + a few items in one sitting. But they do weigh SOMETHING and you will fatigue out if you fish items all day.
    Monsters that catch your line DO count towards your total.
    Losing a catch by snapping a line/rod or pulling it in too early DOES count towards your total.

If you have a long long looong streak (20 or more no catches) you can consider yourself 'fatigued' and can no longer hook anything, including monsters and items. You must wait until the next day before you can resume fishing.

The best advice I can give you is to measure EXACTLY how many catches + monsters you got the last time you fished before becoming fatigued. Then every time you head out to fish, only bring just enough bait to catch the same amount. It sucks to bring too much bait and wind up going home with far fewer fish than you'd expected.

Welcome to the new fishing system. The bad news is that you are capped at the total you can pull in. The good news is that most of the time when you cast a rod you WILL get a bite (not any kind of guarantee, but it's better than pre-patch).

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I am so glad I sold my Lu Shangs when it was still worth 5m... I don't think they sell for more than a mil anymore...

Fishing was the best part of FFXi but then they went and fucked it up horribly. I would give my 74 levels back for a few days with old fishing... I miss it so much...

blax n gunz
    BG Level

I am so glad I sold my Lu Shangs when it was still worth 5m... I don't think they sell for more than a mil anymore...
    10 million and climbing. The insatiable demand for sushi has meant quite an explosion in prices of standard fishing gear. Moat carp is now 11k/stack and holding, and a mediocre fishherman can rake in at least 10-12 stacks per outing.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Drenden

All this did was force the gil sellers to camp Megi even harder, and severely limit real players to 2-3 skill levels a day.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

All this did was force the gil sellers to camp Megi even harder, and severely limit real players to 2-3 skill levels a day.
    2-3 skill levels every DAY is an order of magnitude faster than before the patch.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You usually won't get one level a day. I have gotton upto 4 lvls in one day but that's because I deprived myself of sleep. There's no way that would ever happen now.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Jerseyprophet
    All this did was force the gil sellers to camp Megi even harder, and severely limit real players to 0.2-0.3 in skill ups (if you are lucky) a day.
    Fixed. (Fishing makes me bitter.)

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Yeah... they're actually worth 7m... oy oh well, fishing still sucks.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I should also add that fishing anywhere outside of full moon (not new moon) is pretty much crap.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

For the record, a correction (i think? maybe just a clarification), since the majority of the US *currently* is in daylight savings time, EST is 14 hours behind JP time. So midnight JP time is 10am EST. Japan does not observe daylight savings time. When spring rolls around and you guys in the states set your clocks back to normal, then there will be only a 13 hour difference again.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

I should also add that fishing anywhere outside of full moon (not new moon) is pretty much crap.
    This depends entirely on the fish you're after. If you're fishing legendaries or fish in an area where item catches can really ruin your profit margin (SSG) then yeah full/new moon is advised. But if you're after junk fish that bite on any moon (tuna, moat carp, etc.) the moon phase is only relevant to the increase of monster/item bites you're going to get. Far from 'crap.'