Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How to Kill AV maybe?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

How to Kill AV maybe?

Nobody knows how to kill Absolute Virtue. They threw countless BLMs,MNKs and RNGs at it but could not break past it's regen effect.The best HNMLs in the game CFH on it and had 50+ people and they all were slaughtered horribly.

Now let's see.

Absolute Virtue is a HNM that was "jailed" by the jailers of virtue. Love,Fath,Temperence,Hope,Fortitude,Prudence,Justi ce

These jailers all drop a weapon and a torque.

These jailers jailed the ultimate creature....Absolute Virtue.
    Now let's think for a moment here. Square Enix had created in the past HNM...all of which had like Defense+10000000000 Evasion+100000000 but Magic Defense.-1000000000. Melees aren't too great on most HNM, and even the ones that are meleeable, only 300% QWS do well on them or Spirits within.
    All this time melees have been complaining it gives mages and rng an unfair advantage because they are always required for HNM. This gave mages a hubris. They were godly because they were always needed in the main alliance whereas the melees were just skillchain slaves.
    Each virtue drops a weapon these weapons are probably the only items that can damage Absolute Virtue without triggering her regen effect. It makes perfect and total sense!

The 7 jailers jailed Absolute virtue's virtues into 7 pieces(the 7 weapons) in order to weaken her. But since you kileld the jailers she's free and the weapons are needed to again imprison her. Chrono Cross anyone?

Besides...the sky gods were weak vs magic and strong vs melee. THe 4 god set armor is worn by all jobs but DRG PLD THF DRK. Now the sea god is the opposite and the CoP god set is worn by the other jobs, so it makes perfect sense the strongest sea god(Absolute Virtue) can only be defeated with melee-and by melee I mean >ONLY< the virtue weapons. The virtues jailkers also drop torques that enhance skill so that you can land your attacks better.

You do know that is this the exactly same thing people said would be used to kill Jailer of Love... oh wait people ended up powering through it with mass BLM DPS.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Well people whined about DRG's and.....

So now its time to whine about AV.

A Magic Ham Sandwich
    BG Level

Wow, thank you so much for the proposed strategy, this hasn't been suggested 500 times already, wow!

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrios
    You do know that is this the exactly same thing people said would be used to kill Jailer of Love... oh wait people ended up powering through it with mass BLM DPS.
    Yeah... they tried that on AV and failed.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Wow that is a really awsome thought... good job! :D

What are melee going to do vs. Aeroga IV and Meteor. The same thing as BLMS, die.

Catastrophe from Apocalypse was said to do about 100 damage on Jailer of Love. Melees are even more worthless on Jailer of Love then they are on sky gods.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

read the post, obviously jailer weapons wouldnt do anything to jailer of love because he's one of the 7 jailers of AV.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bryant Snow
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

This idea is crazy,but has some merit, wonder if anyone tried . or is AV's regen always on? /shrug!

Re: How to Kill AV maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Fatality
    Nobody knows how to kill Absolute Virtue. They threw countless BLMs,MNKs and RNGs at it but could not break past it's regen effect.The best HNMLs in the game CFH on it and had 50+ people and they all were slaughtered horribly.

Now let's see.

Absolute Virtue is a HNM that was "jailed" by the jailers of virtue. Love,Fath,Temperence,Hope,Fortitude,Prudence,Justi ce

These jailers all drop a weapon and a torque.

These jailers jailed the ultimate creature....Absolute Virtue.
    Now let's think for a moment here. Square Enix had created in the past HNM...all of which had like Defense+10000000000 Evasion+100000000 but Magic Defense.-1000000000. Melees aren't too great on most HNM, and even the ones that are meleeable, only 300% QWS do well on them or Spirits within.
    All this time melees have been complaining it gives mages and rng an unfair advantage because they are always required for HNM. This gave mages a hubris. They were godly because they were always needed in the main alliance whereas the melees were just skillchain slaves.
    Each virtue drops a weapon these weapons are probably the only items that can damage Absolute Virtue without triggering her regen effect. It makes perfect and total sense!

The 7 jailers jailed Absolute virtue's virtues into 7 pieces(the 7 weapons) in order to weaken her. But since you kileld the jailers she's free and the weapons are needed to again imprison her. Chrono Cross anyone?

Besides...the sky gods were weak vs magic and strong vs melee. THe 4 god set armor is worn by all jobs but DRG PLD THF DRK. Now the sea god is the opposite and the CoP god set is worn by the other jobs, so it makes perfect sense the strongest sea god(Absolute Virtue) can only be defeated with melee-and by melee I mean >ONLY< the virtue weapons. The virtues jailkers also drop torques that enhance skill so that you can land your attacks better.

hm.............is this YOUR original theory?

http://www.killingifrit.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=91806

orz?

Packin more heat than spicy
    8=====>

BG Level

lol @ fataility trying to seem smart.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

He can't seem smart if he's #23233834842923933822723373 out of 28338223834742712919223784483384743822937832 to say that this "just might be!!!!!!!!!" the way to kill these NMs...

he shoulda put quotes and at the end put the persons name or where he got it from >_>

Septislut Sexy Brigade
    BG Level

i still think u get him to spirit link himself to death

Well, for sky gods, there is a throwing weapon that will dispel each particular god to make it weaker. Perhaps there is a way to "Dispel" AV that people haven't found. Maybe certain sc done by the weapons drop by the virtues and the type of sc corresponds to the day that av is popped? Just some random ideas, SE probably just intended av to be killed with conventional blm method, just not enough blms.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bryant Snow
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

I'm sure he's not the first one to come up with it, but I do believe weapons might have use of sorts OTHER than being pos?

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by marius
    I honestly think the key is his pets....

even SE admitted that drg's are dependant on their wyvern.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

blue mage's bomb toss is the weakness.

Demosthenes11

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    Quote Originally Posted by marius
    I honestly think the key is his pets....

even SE admitted that drg's are dependant on their wyvern.
    considering its 1/3 of their usefulness...duh