Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level

A (possible)way to beat AV (thinking outside the box)

Alright i have been reading all these posts about AV being unbeatable as the status quo and that only black mages can do decent damage ect ect...

But after reading this post...
    http://www.theorderls.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5776

and this one as well...
    http://www.theorderls.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5713

I was thinking maybe SE made it not killable for a reason?

Think about it for a second, this is an example of The pen is mightier(sp?) then the sword...

why? a pen has killed more people then any sword has because all declarations of war have to be signed by someone....

The people who keep attempting to kill him are only thinking in one way as of right now which is throw damage at him and when that doesnt work throw more damage at him.... then more damage.... and more... faster....

Maybe SE wanted us to use our brains?

I think that the fact that AV doesnt have the "Draw in" ability was an interesting point. I dont mean to kite him as in run in circles while people nuke because that falls in the above paragraph. But think,... it took the 7 Jailers to cage him so he is a pretty tough cookie, so you would think they would want every advantage including ambushing him or weakening his powers.
    Yes, thats right, I think that you can kill him by kiting him somewhere in the zone to maybe a spot where his regen is null? maybe he gets his regen by the position in the zone? maybe there is a weak point somewhere that the jailer can like "lend their help" ect ect.... That or like the monster in Chrono Trigger where if you dont attack it you win the battle(along thoes lines but not EXACTLY the same thing).

There HAS TO BE something we are missing!!! Maybe AV carries the wind that kills him??? It would make sense since if only one thing can kill you, you would want it so no one else can use it on you. Has anyone tried stealing from him(if you fail TRY AGAIN)? (or was there no room for a THF admist the army of blackmages? )

Basically AV is unkillable without SOMETHING affecting his regen wether that be the items the jailers drop (somehow) or moving AV to a differnt camp.

Oh I just thought of this now but has anyone tried TRADING AV the items? maybe he implodes(lol)? i dunno but i think think this is exactly like the winds on gods but finding out what item it is or how to make use of the jailer weapons it is the million dollar question.

Maybe there are some NM in sea that drops a wind of some sort but to spawn it you gotta do some off the wall thing(Steam Cleaner come to mind).

Anyways thats my 2 cents I hope it sparks some ideas...

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

just wait till they give drg's a new 2hr....that is the key...

Too many people are trying to use existing HNM behavior to categorize new HNM.

AV is New. Don't expect it to behave like any existing HNM in the game. Stealing might be the key like BB. "winds" might be the key like sky gods. But chances are it's a new behavior that we've never seen before in a HNM. A large number of the jailers had new / interesting (sometimes buggy) behavior such as weapon-type immunity, magic reflection, and teleportation. Hell, we still don't even know how to pop some of the Ix'Aern mobs in the Garden aside from "kill stuff and hope that you get an animosity message."

Just give it time. As more LS attempt to spawn these NMs, the more we will learn about them.

Everybody's Favourite Nobody
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

"...Tell me what you seek, come, test your strength on me!"
    "Wait wait wait Absolute Virtue, here, take these weapons first *trade*"
    "WHAT!? I AM DEFEATED! *Darth Vader NOOOOO*"
    "Gayest NM ever."

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

drg lol YA RLY

Raineer:
    I'm sorry but the hardest mob in the game being a dragoon is something i will laugh about for a long time.
    me too^^

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

hmmm

Metah Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:47 pm Post subject:

"...Tell me what you seek, come, test your strength on me!"
    "Wait wait wait Absolute Virtue, here, take these weapons first *trade*"
    "WHAT!? I AM DEFEATED! *Darth Vader NOOOOO*"
    "Gayest NM ever."
    Maybe (and seriously) if you trade him the items he might die? Because you show proof that you KILLED what caged him meaning you trick him into thinking your stronger then him!

this proof think reminds me of the god seals to spawn kirin... PROOF YOU ARE WORTHY!!!

if not die then maybe no regen? i d k

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Re: drg lol YA RLY

Quote Originally Posted by Meggido
    Raineer:
    I'm sorry but the hardest mob in the game being a dragoon is something i will laugh about for a long time.
    me too^^
    DRG, SMN, MNK, BLM, RDM, NIN, PLD, BST, RNG, SAM, THF, WAR, DRK, and BRD.... Only one unconfirmed is WHM (Because Benediction would suck ASS if he doesn't have a dispel regen effect)

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Re: A (possible)way to beat AV (thinking outside the box)

Is there any mob anywhere that you can trade items to? I thought it gave an error message.

I find it odd that jailers would be willing to lend you help when you're the one who killed them all letting this thing free. I suppose there could be some position related things that may affect AV, but no spots in the zone give any indication of this so you'd have to bring him almost everywhere.

BB in sky, has a ??? near him that gives a hint of the method to kill him. Even if there is something to steal from AV, I would think this item would be known already since people have read out all the ingame items from the dats. None of the items that have yet to be discovered (Sins, Ninurta's Sash etc) are throwable or are any sort of weapon (if im not mistaken) so this seems unlikely to me.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

AV actually has an on/off switch in the back

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Why you be hatin' on AV? You free him from his cage only to kill him. Why can't you just let him be?

Quote Originally Posted by Janice
    Why you be hatin' on AV? You free him from his cage only to kill him. Why can't you just let him be?
    Silence, tree-hugger. We are haters and the BG forums is a sess-pit for EVIL BASTARDS so we kill him. kthx

Lewa

Maybe he is more Easily Damaged by the weapons that drop from Jailers? just a thought.

Why don't you pop him and try?

Maybe they put him in just to piss us off some more. . .
    Maybe they intend for more than 1 linkshell to kill at a time? >_>

maybe you gotta use one of the 7 virtues on him, like an anima o_O

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

maybe you have to hit him with a fortitude axe.

Old Merits
    BG Level

The secret is to use bronze harness+subligar only + onion sword. I solo'd JoL and AV on my mule like that.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

There are three Jailers in Al'Taieu proper. Perhaps if you spawn one or all of them while AV is out, they keep him occupied while you beat him down?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd
    There are three Jailers in Al'Taieu proper. Perhaps if you spawn one or all of them while AV is out, they keep him occupied while you beat him down?
    I'm sure a mob you've killed previously looks forward to teaming up with you against a greater evil. Have fun farming twice the pop items to try this out.

I wouldn't dismiss an idea before trying it, obviously the current methodology of killing stuff isn't working. I personally liked the sky mobs unique pop methods and styles that required the use of some form of strategy. I often found myself going "I wonder how they figured that out". I remember when I played other games we would spend weeks just developing strategies on how to bring down the new big HNM types or completing big long quests because damage was never enough some things required a mind, and not just that a scientific mind. basically the entire community had to pitch in.

I really really hope SE has done something like this, even though I will probably never ever see that part of it.